Weight loss on a higher cal limit successes?

Options
124»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Don't know what the other person did, but I can tell you what I did and why. After I had lost about 30 lb with another 35 lb to lose, I re-entered the weight I wanted to be so MFP would give me the calories to maintain my target weight, not the calories to lose weight at my current weight. I was concerned because the research I read seemed to say that if I lost weight with low calorie diet, I would never be able to increase my calories when I got to my target. Since what I need to maintain my target weight (1580 calories/day) is lower than what I need to maintain my current weight, the net result is a calorie deficit. It is alos more than what MFP recommends if I wanted to lose 1 lb per week. Doing it this way means that I have to track my weight outside of MFP and it also means I lose more slowly, but I am indeed losing weight.

That's the fat2fit method or the Eating For Future You method.

Glad you found a way to use MFP for it without being too annoyed with the resulting bad math it does.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!