Over 200 New Year New Me Part 16

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    lildeb - I am so sorry that the kids are sick, and that you are frustrated. I am scared to death that this is the stop for me to get off, too. But like the girls are saying, we just have to move through this phase and keep looking forward. Trust me, I know how down you feel. But you HAVE been doing this, and you still WILL be doing this and we will help you get through it! I know I am never giving up. But man, I'd sure like to. Sometimes.

Julie, what you said about the shiny wearing off is very thought-provoking. I need to sit and really think about this. I think you are on to something there that really hits home for me. Time for Nancy to do some soul searching! I'll let you all know what I come up with! But I promise you, I am NOT giving up. It's not an option for me. I feel too good right now to ever go back. Thanks, everyone, for your faith in me!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I think the shiny is kind of wearing off for everybody... It's starting to get nice out people want to be able to eat what they want with their friends... I think it's phase 3 in the newbie link check it out... We all need to do a little soul searching and come back with renewed force I know I do at least I won't be comfortable until I'm well under the 200 mark
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hey Cris & Bluenote -- The 3 of us together have lost nearly as much as I currently weigh. :wink: How's that for shiny?
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Okay i think i am done with my pitty party....please please help me not feel sorry for my self...kick my butt please !!!

I am tempted to start c25k...I know it will probably take a long time to get from week to week...but thinking maybe it will give me something to concentrate on. I don't have a treadmill or anything, and can't afford to join a gym but i can go outside . I am not sure i can do it ...still debating on whether i am going to attempt this right now.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I completely agree Cris. It's that time of year that everyone is starting to slip. I guess now is when we find out how serious we are about wanting to keep this weight off. I love the way I look but I want to keep losing. I'm not giving up! Everybody has come so far and shouldn't give up. Look how amazing everybody is looking and feeling!!

LilDebbie-I think if you want to try the c25k give it a try. It doesn't matter if you can't move as others through it. The point is that you do it. You gotta find exercise that you enjoy and that you don't dread! Do what makes you feel good!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Lol Jess I def dread going to the gym to do c25k I feel awesome afterwards though.... I'm having a mental block about finishing week 6 ugh it's been a week without excercise and I'm scared to go back and not be where. I left off.

This morning I was up to 205.2 up from 204.8 Friday weigh in..I assume it's from my cheesesteak Friday. My goal for this Friday is to be at a solid 203...every lb is getting. So much harder!

Anyway, now I'm just rambling trying to find my focus and motivation!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Okay so...I went to the gym this morning to do my c25k and did a lot of serious thinking (This REALLY makes the time fly when your working out by the way!!) and I was trying to find my motivation to continue going strong with my journey. I realized something. It's almost swimsuit season...I don't know about anybody else here but I dread this season every year but I love to be outside and in the water. I've never been to a beach. Next year I am going on my first "beach" vacation. I'm going with a big group of people and I only know 2 of them. My cousin and her husband. My cousin is about 5'7" and weighs...mmmm...MAYBE 115 pounds. There's my motivation!! I met someone about 2 weeks ago and have been seeing/talking to him...I'm not going to let him stand in my way of this journey. It's going to be a challenge but I know I can do it!! I'm not sure if I'm going to make my May 8th goal but I'm going to try my absolute hardest and give it everything I've got!! I want to look good in a swimsuit this summer! :bigsmile:

By the way Cris...I started week 7 today. You aren't going to let me get that far ahead of you are you? HAHA. Just kidding girl! Just trying to give you some motivation!
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Sounds like some people are having some stalls coming and I agree. We will not have this happen. I know I have only been in this group for not even a week yet but I have definitely enjoyed all of the pep talks. I think that if I hadn't found this group that I would not keep going. I have lost more on MFP then I have lost on any weight loss plan and that makes me very motivated. I haven't really started eating as healthy as I should but I have started trying.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories : Under by 25!!!:happy:
    Sodium : Over by 1300ish YIKES! :noway:
    Water : 100 oz or so
    Proud: A coworker noticed that I had started loosing weight!! She said that she could definitely tell and that was looked great! That definitely put a smile on my face :happy: for the rest of the day!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. My husband is taking me to my favorite place for lunch. I am going to try and do my best to be good. If I think I will, I will! (I hope)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hooooolllllyyy crap, I just kicked my butt. :laugh: I decided to try something new & did the 2 Bollywood dance workouts on Exercise TV on Demand. I loved them! I can't dance at all. I don't know why -- I guess I'm just not very coordinated. :huh: It was a lot of fun anyway.

Then I did Last Chance Workout with Jillian. It felt good but something I noticed is that it's getting a lot harder to get my heart rate up really high. I just pushed myself as hard as I could & according to my HRM, I blasted away 448 calories in 30 minutes. :bigsmile: So, combined that was a calorie burn of about 850 calories. And I'm hoping to go play tennis in a couple of hours. Not sure yet though because it's over 90 degrees outside.... and my arms are like jello thanks to Jillian. :laugh:
    If I don't play tennis I'll probably run.

I gotta burn off the fried bananas I made yesterday (oh yeah, Cris, I really really made them. And I really really ate the crap out of them. OMG yum!).