Why am I losing weight?

Options

Replies

• 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Well, here's the thing. If all you want is weight loss, then a calorie is a calorie. End of discussion.

If, on the other hand, you want a sustainable and healthy diet that will maximize your athletic performance, you should eat more vegetables and pay attention to the quality and quantity of the fat and protein you eat.

There is a lot of confusion on the forums (and elsewhere on the internet) on these two issues--weight loss vs. overall health. For the latter, you need to be more careful about your diet. For the former, eat whatever you want. For your mental health, perhaps a donut once in a while is not a bad idea.

This :drinker:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Well. You may want to consider witchcraft or maybe even a curse. Didn't Stephen King write a book about that? Guy was cursed to lose weight?

Another option is demonic possession. Demons are hot--temperature-wise, not attractive, silly!--and thus you would burn more calories. Have you been feeling particularly evil lately? Maybe biting the heads off of neighborhood animals? You mention that you've been eating pizza, ice cream, cookies, but maybe you were ashamed to mention the drinking of sacrificial blood? I'm just saying: It's a possibility.

Hm. Oh, here's another idea! Maybe you are simply disappearing! Like in Back to the Future, only in a different manner. Or maybe you just exist in someone's imagination (or in my computer, for example) and when they don't think about you, you start to disappear.

Do you watch Doctor Who? If you do, you know about the Adipose babies that come from our fat. Maybe their nursery planet was destroyed again.

Really, with the information you've given us, it's impossible to say. It could be anything.

But calories in, calories out? Ridiculous.

Finally!! Someone took the time to actually answer my question....and provide peer-reviewed studies (Dr.Who).

Thank you kind sir/madam.

I thought you were abandoning ship.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Well. You may want to consider witchcraft or maybe even a curse. Didn't Stephen King write a book about that? Guy was cursed to lose weight?

Another option is demonic possession. Demons are hot--temperature-wise, not attractive, silly!--and thus you would burn more calories. Have you been feeling particularly evil lately? Maybe biting the heads off of neighborhood animals? You mention that you've been eating pizza, ice cream, cookies, but maybe you were ashamed to mention the drinking of sacrificial blood? I'm just saying: It's a possibility.

Hm. Oh, here's another idea! Maybe you are simply disappearing! Like in Back to the Future, only in a different manner. Or maybe you just exist in someone's imagination (or in my computer, for example) and when they don't think about you, you start to disappear.

Do you watch Doctor Who? If you do, you know about the Adipose babies that come from our fat. Maybe their nursery planet was destroyed again.

Really, with the information you've given us, it's impossible to say. It could be anything.

Finally!! Someone took the time to actually answer my question....and provide peer-reviewed studies (Dr.Who).

I am but that post was really funny - I had to give props.

Also, are you tracking me around? Someone has got a crush :love:
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Because everybody is different, not necessarily special, just different.

What works for one person may not or be the total opposite for the next person.

Everybody tries to learn what is best for them, and once they find it, they try to let others know, just in case that person may have or will suffer from similar issues.

Experiment to figure yourself out is the only advice I will tell others. I will tell them what I do, but for them, something opposite could be their key.

The biggest issue should be you are trying - you want to improve your health and the way you live. Losing weight is only one part of the puzzle.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Keep on keeping on!
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know why *you* are losing weight, but in my case, the Skinny Fairy is visiting me every night and taking away the pounds by sprinkling his chocolate flavored protein power fairy dust.

Calories in/calories out is a myth.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Um, no, it just showed up under "my topics". Also, I love it when someone flounces and then comes back. Especially after declaring her hatred for the internet first. :flower:
  • stephdeeable
    Options

Um, no, it just showed up under "my topics". Also, I love it when someone flounces and then comes back. Especially after declaring her hatred for the internet first. :flower:

Yeah but...y u mad? :flowerforyou:
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Haha I love this post! So many people get on there high horses. I'm 5ft 2 I was 9st 2 and now 8st 5 in 6 weeks and I still have pizza, crisps a sandwich here and there I do eat healthily aswell as don't want my tubes to be full of fat... (the skinny people can still have fat wrapped around there insides) but mines just simple do some exercise!

Yes!
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Love this! Keep doing wrong because wrong is working
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know why *you* are losing weight, but in my case, the Skinny Fairy is visiting me every night and taking away the pounds by sprinkling his chocolate flavored protein power fairy dust.

Calories in/calories out is a myth.

Wrong. It's unicorns. The skinny fairy is broscience.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    You're a troll because you choose to eat in a way which works for you health and weight wise and dont subscribe to dietary dogma? Keep on trolling :wink:
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    <3 Steph! :-D
  • stephdeeable
    Options
    <3 Steph! :-D

Shhh, don't tell these people my real name. That one guy is like so obsessed with me already. I think I hear him outside in the bushes....brb.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lol I love this so much.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    9148130.jpg

love this ^^^ lol
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I dont know who these people are that are telling you you shouldnt be losing weigh.. it should be EASY for a 300+ pound woman to lose weight.. hell.. it was easy for the 310 lb man I used to be to lose weight. Its not rocket science. I would suspect you will want to reevaluate your snack cakes, pizza, gravy, potato chip etc etc etc diet when you get closer to your goal.. and you might want to give your cholesterol level a break at some point too, if that interests you at all. I know I am more interested in overall health more than weight loss than I was before at this point.

Someone will probably come here and tell you that you probably could have lost 80 pounds by now.. but you know what.. who cares.. its your life and your diet.. if its working for you.. run with it! :)
    I agree with this post. I lost weight easily at first (started at 259) but now that I'm less than 10 pounds from my BMI goal, I have to be a lot more careful with what I eat. It's a pain.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The answer is "poutine". It's magical and stuff. For real. I read it in the Journal of Stuff I Made Up, issue 47. <pokerface>
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    . Until you die and have an autopsy, we can never be fully sure of what is going to be the cause of your death."

I've always assumed it's going to be from someone choking me to death. And not in the cool way.

"And not in the cool way." *bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha*
    :flowerforyou: *skips away to immediately send friend request*
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    You are a special unique snowflake, plus I bet you eat unicorn poop.