How much did you lose before somebody noticed?

Options

Replies

• _mrsgigi_
    _mrsgigi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    my fam started noticing at 5lbs because my face and neck got real skinny...
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It was about 50 pounds until people noticed for me, but like the other poster said everyone started noticing at the same time!
  • Around 15 lbs - I didn't notice at all.. But everyone else around me kept saying wow you look like you have lost weight.. and then I realized I had been because I lost a pant size.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    For people that didn't know I was losing weight it took nearly 25 pounds.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My M-I-L always notices, but I think she might imagine that I am fatter than I actually am, so I always look lighter to her.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I had just moved when I started losing weight, so no one really noticed because they hadn't known me long at all. Around the six month mark I had some people comment though.

I did go home after losing about 15, and everyone and their dog commented on how skinny I was.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Over a 2 yr period awhile ago, I lost around 45 lb and no one commented at all. Then in the past 18 months I lost about 20 lb more & started being more active...and my mom and a couple of girlfriends commented then. My mom told me my bum was a different rounder smaller shape LOL. I've recently run into former coworkers from 2 years ago and they have all made comments that I look fantastic and/or much thinner. My boyfriend who sees me nude every weekend (we don't live together) has commented that my body is changing in a lot of small ways and he is also losing weight and very aware of me doing so.

The only kind of disappointing thing is my dad and stepmother & that whole side of the family has not mentioned anything. They don't seem to have noticed that 4 yrs ago I was almost 70 lb heavier. It is a little weird. Also, when we go out to eat I have completely new eating habits and they rarely comment on that. I don't need their approval for this as I do it for myself but I still think it is kind of weird.
  • andreamarce
    Options
    I would say between 10-15 lbs I started getting compliments that it's noticeable that I'm losing weight and it feels great when people notice and mention it to you. I just can't wait to lose more so that it's more noticeable to me as well.
  • mnqi
    mnqi Posts: 36
    Options
    for me ...I noticed after the first 25 because my tight clothes start to fit. Then other people that "are willing to say something" mention they can tell around 35.....but most people won't say anything until 50. But, obviously that depends on how much you have to lose and where you lose it. I am at 6 lbs lost so another 20 to go before I really notice. My daughter however, noticed on the scale that the number was lower and she said "mommy you lost weight"....super cute.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    My mom says I still look the same. However, people at church are saying they can tell ive lost weight! They just started saying this so around 10/11 pounds
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've only lost between 8-10 pounds and people at work or that I visit at my old work have both noticed! I wore shorts the other day to work and had multiple comments about how toned my legs are.... DEFINITELY helps with motivation since I have been slowing down on the calorie counting and motivation to do long workouts...
  • carolynSC74
    Options
    Lost 14lb and no one noticed so far :angry:
    I do though, Jeans are a lot more comfortable and I feel so much better! Guess 20lb will make a real difference and friends/colleagues will notice :smile:
  • cheryljanine
    cheryljanine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    10 pounds, which is where I am today. I'm not very big and am still in my same clothes so it's difficult if you see me every day. I can notice it on my stomach.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    At school they immediately noticed. I had only lost 15 lbs then...

Now I have lost 33... My family didn't say anything when I visited, when I went to visit my ex-coworkers they didn't say anything, when we went to visit my boyfriends parents last weekend they didn't say anything (they did comment on my bf losing weight - he lost 25 lbs less than me...). Oh well, to hell with them right? ;) I'm doing this for me, not for the compliments!
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    about 3 stone
  • Roxie8611
    Roxie8611 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    About a stone before anyone noticed but I am quite solid :)
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Relatives noticed at about 20 pounds (a bit over 10% of original weight lost), hadn't seen them since before I started losing so I don't know if they would have noticed earlier.
  • DAMETRE
    DAMETRE Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hubby noticed at about 10 lbs. But everyone else really stated to notice at about 20 lbs. I wear scrubs to work so it was kinf of hard to tell at first.
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I noticed about the same time as my coworkers and family- about 25 pounds, because my clothes started getting baggy.

Other friends and family noticed at about 45 pounds... haven't tested it out too much yet though, I'm "in hiding"!
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    About 20 pounds family and friends began to notice. Now that I have hit the 40 pound mark everyone is beginning to notice.