Bikini Shape Calculator...

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    well NOW I get why the vanity shaping!!!!
    it's all about selling their rather boring/ugly Lascana swimwear.

of course a woman is more likely to buy your ugly swimsuit if you tell her she's an hourglass!!!

Not me. I only buy a swim suit if it looks good and fits comfortably. I don't care what they call it (never even seen labels like that on suits). Interacting with sales people requires an honest assessment of what would flatter our body type.

I also have an 11 inch difference in my waist and hips, but I don't bother with the curvy size either because it usually just means bigger and higher waist (like mom jeans).

Usually vanity sizing applies to making sizes larger. Which is why they now sell 00, and also why some stores sell a 00 that is too big for me. Honestly, I'm not complaining (I think this is more minor than the clothing issues other ladies have described),

And while we are on the topic, I recently found this site that custom makes bras, in case it is helpful to anyone. I know nothing about them or the cost. I just found it yesterday and have not checked it out yet.

http://www.zyrra.com/
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

IMAG1562-1_zpse957c82f.jpg

I dont think I'm rectangle. I'm not a classic hourglass either. I'm nothing haha I dont fit any other the 4 main shapes. I'm 33.5-26 1/8-35.5

I would agree that you are definitely curvy, and I couldn;t say exactly which shape you are, but if you want to know I suggest reading up on it on wiki and other sites as there are other criteria that explain and define the shapes.

for example, as an hourglass (i know this one well as it is my body type) you gain and lose weight somewhat evenly most of it going to your hips/butt and boobs
    you also tend to have fleshier arms and legs, not skinny or particularly muscular.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    well NOW I get why the vanity shaping!!!!
    it's all about selling their rather boring/ugly Lascana swimwear.

of course a woman is more likely to buy your ugly swimsuit if you tell her she's an hourglass!!!

Not me. I only buy a swim suit if it looks good and fits comfortably. I don't care what they call it (never even seen labels like that on suits). Interacting with sales people requires an honest assessment of what would flatter our body type.

I also have an 11 inch difference in my waist and hips, but I don't bother with the curvy size either because it usually just means bigger and higher waist (like mom jeans).

Usually vanity sizing applies to making sizes larger. Which is why they now sell 00, and also why some stores sell a 00 that is too big for me. Honestly, I'm not complaining (I think this is more minor than the clothing issues other ladies have described),

And while we are on the topic, I recently found this site that custom makes bras, in case it is helpful to anyone. I know nothing about them or the cost. I just found it yesterday and have not checked it out yet.

http://www.zyrra.com/

ahh, but you are not the average easily flattered and uninformed consumer!!!
    (will check out the bras)
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Binary-
    IMHO the bras are garbage.
    they have two ugly styles only available and both are two piece cups, which right away means they will be next to useless for anyone busty.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

I dont think I'm rectangle. I'm not a classic hourglass either. I'm nothing haha I dont fit any other the 4 main shapes. I'm 33.5-26 1/8-35.5

I would agree that you are definitely curvy, and I couldn;t say exactly which shape you are, but if you want to know I suggest reading up on it on wiki and other sites as there are other criteria that explain and define the shapes.

for example, as an hourglass (i know this one well as it is my body type) you gain and lose weight somewhat evenly most of it going to your hips/butt and boobs
    you also tend to have fleshier arms and legs, not skinny or particularly muscular.
    I think I fit no criteria. I am forever an oddball lol I like my shape. Just wish to get rid of the belly & love handles.
  • TigressPat
    Options

I think I fit no criteria. I am forever an oddball lol I like my shape. Just wish to get rid of the belly & love handles.

you look great, who cares what you "fit"!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Binary-
    they have two ugly styles only available and both are two piece cups, which right away means they will be next to useless for anyone busty.

Thanks for the input! Good to know!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Binary-

anytime!
    I'm always willing to give new bras a shot
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAH!!! I am a rectangle!

I'm pretty sure you're a sexy beast.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I was positive I was a rectangle, but it's telling me I'm an hourglass. Shrug.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It says I'm an hourglass. It must be a very SLIGHT hourglass, because I don't see it. :laugh:

I'm with you on this! :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Binary-

anytime!

I just looked at the actual bras also. I don't like those styles either.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Binary-

anytime!

I just looked at the actual bras also. I don't like those styles either.

it's not just that they look cheap and ugly (and cost a fortune!), I can't imagine a competent bra fitter trying to fit anyone larger than a D cup into a cup with a horizontal seam.
    it's just wrong.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    It says I'm an hourglass. It must be a very SLIGHT hourglass, because I don't see it. :laugh:

I'm with you on this! :flowerforyou:

it's all about selling their ugly swimwear.
    Vanity sizing sells jeans, why not try vanity body typing to sell swimwear?

it's rather ingenious I must admit, as much as it annoys me!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    While we are on the bathing suit topic (and we are all getting ready for summer). If anyone knows where I can buy an xxs swim suit, that is actually flattering and made for a very small frame (my rib cage is 26 inches). Please please let me know.
  • cheshirek8
    cheshirek8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hourglass.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    lol - rectangle for me (thank goodness!)
  • TigressPat
    Options
    While we are on the bathing suit topic (and we are all getting ready for summer). If anyone knows where I can buy an xxs swim suit, that is actually flattering and made for a very small frame (my rib cage is 26 inches). Please please let me know.

one piece or bikini?

have you tried any Freya/Fantasie bikinis? they only go down to a 28, but the bikini tops are often smaller than bras ( most of my customers usually size up)
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Ewa Michalak makes them in 26 bands.

and there are some older styles in footprints that have tie back, so you can adjust as necessary.

Gottex Free (carried mostly by Bravissimo) also makes ones with decent bra cups and tie backs.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I got rectange. I don't think that is right. I def have a big *kitten* lol