What is the best ketchup for steak?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• shellplen
    shellplen Posts: 31
    Options
    A dollop of mustard OR peppercorn sauce.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    cook your steak rare so you don't have to put anything on it

why cook it at all ?? if its got blood its not cooked and should not be eaten that is what separates the animal from the meat the bleeding.

It isn't actually blood, it's muscle juices. http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/the-red-juice-in-raw-red-meat-is-not-blood/

Better? :wink:
  • sosidity98
    Options
    Agreed!
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    cook your steak rare so you don't have to put anything on it

why cook it at all ?? if its got blood its not cooked and should not be eaten that is what separates the animal from the meat the bleeding.

It isn't actually blood, it's muscle juices. http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/the-red-juice-in-raw-red-meat-is-not-blood/

Better? :wink:

sounds legit
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    CATSUP AND STEAK???? I hope you are talking a buger from MCDonalds!! A-1 suace is the best with a good steak!!!!

Basil
    Wrong thread. This is the ketchup thread. If you want to talk about catsup, go to the catsup thread and stop trying to derail this thread by bringing it so far off topic!
    tumblr_lpxsewsuQ11r0zqmao1_500.jpg
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    med rare- with maybe some sauteed mushrooms and onions ...grrrrr now I really wanna have a steak lol ....

Well done isn't steak its a tire
  • BrainsOnGains
    Options
    CATSUP AND STEAK???? I hope you are talking a buger from MCDonalds!! A-1 suace is the best with a good steak!!!!

Basil
    Wrong thread. This is the ketchup thread. If you want to talk about catsup, go to the catsup thread and stop trying to derail this thread by bringing it so far off topic!
    tumblr_lpxsewsuQ11r0zqmao1_500.jpg

win
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I use heinz or a1, but I pretty much think steak is glorified hamburger. Cant taste any difference, just in texture. I'll stick to chicken.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I use heinz or a1, but I pretty much think steak is glorified hamburger. Cant taste any difference, just in texture. I'll stick to chicken.

You need to find someone to grill a good cut of steak.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    heinz... be classic

^^ this
    Nom nom
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Why ruin a perfectly good piece of steak with ketchup? Good fresh steak doesn't need anything on it.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options

You need to find someone to grill a good cut of steak.

I have had like every kind of steak imaginable from the extremely expensive resturants to cheap home pan fried ones. Just looking at any pink meat that has been "cooked" makes me ill. I steer clear from steak completely because I get told I'm wrong or looked at like an idiot because I want it completely brown. I've attempted to eat it with a little pink many times because everyone says the reason I don't like it is because it's cooked too much but the pink one I couldn't even finish. I just don't see what the hub-ub is about steaks lol. Not to offend anyone I just, dont..like..it....
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ok picture it:
    Filet Mignon... charred black, gray throughout
    dipped in ketchup..

go..

Enjoy your hockey puck, and obvious troll is obvious.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    *smh* Americans... really... ketchup on steak.... *sigh*.

Y'all need better cows. The taste has less to do with the feed, and more to do with the aging process and marbling of the steak. So, next time you drive up through Alberta to ski and protest stop off at a good steakhouse*. You'll swear off ketchup forever.

*in my experience the best seasoned steaks come from greek taverns. They usually have steak and spagetti meals that are to die for.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The OP didnt say SHOULD HE USE KETCHUP. He already does apparently. He asked which kind....

I personally love a medium well Porterhouse or T Bone on the grill with a lil seasoning salt/powder and I do use A1 for dipping it. I usta love 57 but that *kitten* is so spicy now. IF I was to use ketchup, it'd be Hunts. I prefer that over any of the others listed.

To the OP.. if your Av is actually YOU.........I suspect you got it going on and know how to enjoy your meats. ENJOY!!!!

:drinker:
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Blasphemous! A good steak needs nothing! ...just my opinion :tongue:

agrees
  • BrainsOnGains
    Options
    Ok picture it:
    Filet Mignon... charred black, gray throughout
    dipped in ketchup..

go..

Enjoy your hockey puck, and obvious troll is obvious.

u still replied.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ketchup on steak?!?!?!?!?!

3835-animated_gif-dean_winchester-sam_winchester-supernatural.gif?w=604

LMBO!! ^^This^^
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have steak with Chimmichurri sauce
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Best. Troll. Ever.

In all seriousness though, garlic butter is amazing with steak.