124»

Replies

• SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    <<<< this yoga is the best!
  • DoreeB2013
    Options
    I started yoga just a week ago. If you are in pain then you are not doing it right. If you are working with an instructor tell them you are in pain. Our instructor spends time giving me poses that suit my body and lets me know how far to stretch so as not to hurt myself. The key to yoga is to have it relax, stretch and strengthen you. It takes time to learn the moves and become proficient. As one person stated in the feedback, there are many variations that can be done to make it comfortable. I am 160 lbs over my desired weight and I didn't think I could do it either but it is actually making me feel my muscles are not tight anymore and I am more comfortable with my other weight loss activities.
    I am doing Hatha yoga which is gentle and relaxing. Good luck!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I guess it will just take time and practice
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Why do people say it's relaxing?

because people want to trick into believing the same thing they fell for.

having kids makes you happier

They're just lying by omission...

Yoga is relaxing... at the end when you get to do the shavasana pose.

Having kids makes you happier...when they are sleeping.

See, still true.
  • girlrhyno
    Options
    When I do yoga my mind is focused on only yoga. It's the only time all day that only one thought is taking my attention and that thought is how do I get my body into that pose and then to stay in the pose. I find the ability to focus on the present moment and only that to be relaxing. I also love the fleeting moments at the end of class when lying in corpse pose where my mind achieves stillness.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    Why do people say it's relaxing?

because people want to trick into believing the same thing they fell for.

having kids makes you happier
    :laugh:
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    I dont find it relaxing... I find it boring. I cant seem to just relax and breathe!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do Bikram yoga - not very well but I try! It took awhile, but I find it very relaxing. Combo of the heat and movements... it's like a deep muscle massage, a chiropractic adjustment, and a full body facial all in one! Love it!
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I say I love yoga, I am not lying. When I say I dread yoga, I am not lying. I am telling 100% truth when I tell you I love the way it makes me feel afterward. It is like a massage all over. I am not the most fit person in the class, but I make it my own practice and it works for me.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    like other said, try different kind of yoga..

I tried yoga and it was very relaxing, but also way too boring for me :laugh: