What day of the week do you weigh in, and why?

Options
124»

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily (using my bathroom scale in the AM and the Wii Body Fit Test in the PM). I only log it every couple of weeks or if I notice a consistent change. I don't let the numbers worry me either way. I know I'm making progress if I'm meeting my goals.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    First thing Friday morning, after emptying my bladder, of course. No reason to it. December 7 I woke up and said this is the day and it happened to be a Friday.
  • MaineMama24
    Options
    I started my new life on a Thursday and I tend to weigh in on Thursdays.....weird thing is I usually feel lighter that day and the scale is in agreement!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Monday for me. Monday is when my diary starts over calculating my weekly totals and Monday helps me keep the weekend in check!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Everyday but Monday morning is the one that I track.

Same routine every day:
    wake up
    stumble out of bed and into the bath room
    pee
    step on the scale
    do a little victory dance

consistency is the key... same conditions each weigh in

good luck!
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Friday, because it will be my lowest weight before the, usually, higher calorie intake and water retention that my weekend revelries inevitably cause.

This!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Friday, because it will be my lowest weight before the, usually, higher calorie intake and water retention that my weekend revelries inevitably cause.

This!

I do the opposite and weigh on Monday to make sure I capture the 'weekend affect'. Don't hide from the truth unless... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! ;-)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I usually weight every Monday morning, however, I haven't weight since I started P90X and I am on week three. Once my rest week is finished next week, I will weigh and Measure on Monday, April 1st.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how many Friday weighers there are! I used to think that Monday was **the** day to weigh. Problem was, I am sometimes bad on the weekends plus for some reason I tend not to "go" as much over the weekend. So that would make me skip my Monday weigh-ins for fear that I would not like what I saw. The result? I slowly put on weight, in total denial, until last June when I finally wokeup! That's when the light bulb went on and I realized that I did not have to weigh myself on Monday! For me Friday is a much better day. I've usually been eating well for five days in a row, been "regular," so I have no fear.

So the long and the short of it is that my weigh day is Friday! I think this helps me with my long term success. I really need to weigh myself or I get in total denial while my weight slowly creeps up, I buy bigger clothes, and continue to tell myself that it is only 10 pounds or so!