Fears are like underwear...

Options

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I am ridiculously afraid of the thought of eternity. No end. No beginning. Just the inability to know how it began and knowing there will be no end. It freaks me out. I feel like hyperventilating just thinking about it.

Also, when I use to go out walking/running in the middle of the night (like between 11pm and 4am) I would get really scared and paranoid. Not from muggers, rapists, or murderers... but because I just know I was going to be pounced upon by a werewolf.

I also get terrified and have to sleep with a bible under my pillow any time I watch a movie about demons and paranormla stuffs.

Also, I'm irrationally afraid of spiders. All sizes, all types. No, it does not matter that I can kill it.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I am fearless.

I also don't wear underwear.

Now THAT'S scary! (X_X)
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Poor people.

Boo.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Ferris wheels. I love roller coasters & all kinds of scary rides, but NOT ferris wheels.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    That I will never find my true love...what else is more frightening than growing old alone? :sad:
    NOTHING,,, :huh:
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Deep water, harry spiders, flying/heights & death
  • caspergirl7
    Options
    I am ridiculously afraid of the thought of eternity. No end. No beginning. Just the inability to know how it began and knowing there will be no end. It freaks me out. I feel like hyperventilating just thinking about it.

OMGOSH ME TOO!!!!
  • coe28
    Options
    This is why I'm afraid of spiders......
    163zwy.png
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options

I also get terrified and have to sleep with a bible under my pillow any time I watch a movie about demons and paranormla stuffs.

Seems like these two are related...
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Poverty.

And no, I'm not joking.

Grow up with constant financial struggle and the fear never goes away.

I've always dealt with it by being the hardest worker I could be.

Face months of unemployment and it becomes real again.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Ironically... More people on this site have seen my underwear and learned about my fears than most of my family. LOL

my biggest fear would be something traumatic happening to my kids (i.e. kidnap, murder, rape, killed in an accident). I don't know how I would cope with that.

my next biggest fear is being alone for ever and ever amen: I am an inherently social person, and solitude scares me. I am learning now to embrace it, but I still don't see life as enjoyable without someone special to share it with.

after that...
    probably spiders and woodticks

lol. I'm not scared of them, I just don't like them. At all.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I saw the topic title and curiosity got me!

I'm scared of spiders, driving over bridges, and being by myself in the dark. I'm 32 years old and I still make a mad dash & leap for the bed if I have to get up in the middle of the night if the hubby isn't there just so nothing will grab me :laugh:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    163zwy.png

That wasn't a nice thing to post *shiver*

:happy:
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    MFP know-it-alls
  • coe28
    Options
    my biggest fear would be something traumatic happening to my kids (i.e. kidnap, murder, rape, killed in an accident). I don't know how I would cope with that.

QFT I honestly don't know that I'd be able to go on with life if something like this happened...
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Why's everyone scared of spiders? Worry about Japanese Giant Hornets. They're three inches long and shoot flesh melting poison that attracts the rest of its hive to come attack you. Oh, and they aim for eyes.
  • caspergirl7
    Options
    and anything endless - the sea, space, etc.

this is a good one. i can't even talk to people about space because it creeps me the eff out.

^^This too

main reason behind my Deep Water phobia ..
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Mine are spiders and dentists. I rank them both in the same "Eeeeek" category.
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I fear poverty and loved ones getting hurt.
  • coe28
    Options
    163zwy.png

That wasn't a nice thing to post *shiver*

:happy:

So sorry! I literally dropped my phone the first time I saw it, like it was going to jump out at me or something! Gives me the eebie jeebies! :noway: