Fears are like underwear...

Options

Replies

• lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm scared that if people really knew me they would find me unloveable.
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh...and the dentist too! ::noway:
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    a chocolate shortage
  • Twinklegirl34
    Twinklegirl34 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am very shy and self conscious and find it really hard to walk into a room and meet new people... One of my goals right now is to speak to someone new at every opportunity
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Odd numbers.
    I bought a car with no volume numbers and my dad fixed every tv in the house to not show a volume bar.
    No joke.

What do you do about your phone, that I assume you have?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm scared that if people really knew me they would find me unloveable.

^^^ this too
  • vcfervc
    vcfervc Posts: 28
    Options
    So if I don't wear underwear I won't have any fears? Let me try that.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i don't wear underwear
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Most bugs but especially spiders (it's a phobia...and I'm going to tell myself that photo posted wasn't real, even if it was...sometimes denial IS better...)

Sudden loud noises, which has led to a fear (well, anxiety really) of several things including balloons- I HATE balloons!!!!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Spiders and not being "good enough".

wow. SO true.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Heights, squashed bugs, being overweight and failure.
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    Heights, squashed bugs, being overweight and failure.

Squashed bugs?
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    I am ridiculously afraid of the thought of eternity. No end. No beginning. Just the inability to know how it began and knowing there will be no end. It freaks me out. I feel like hyperventilating just thinking about it.

I also get terrified and have to sleep with a bible under my pillow any time I watch a movie about demons and paranormla stuffs.

Seems like these two are related...

How So?

Both involve the unexplainable or incomprehensible.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Suspension bridges scare the piss out of me. And uncontained fires. The kind that burn quick and kill families. That is all.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Rodents, those teeth and tiny claws, don't even get me started on those tails!
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    "Fears are like underwear" - I thought you meant I should use clean, nice ones every day in case I get hurt and rushed to the hospital.....
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I used to be afraid of heights. More accurately, afraid of falling from high places. I started riding rollercoasters, realized I love them and started skydiving every weekend. I still get a tingle in my gut when I'm climbing a ladder or looking down from somewhere high or about to jump out of a plane but it is definitely not paralyzing like it used to be.
  • Grandmajoann2
    Options
    Feel the fear and do it anyway
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    I used to be afraid of heights. More accurately, afraid of falling from high places. I started riding rollercoasters, realized I love them and started skydiving every weekend. I still get a tingle in my gut when I'm climbing a ladder or looking down from somewhere high or about to jump out of a plane but it is definitely not paralyzing like it used to be.

Every weekend?!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Wow, good for you for taking charge of your fear like that!