Calling all females 5'3 or shorter

Options
bosst214
bosst214 Posts: 10 Member
I am 5'2 and i want to lose 50 lbs total. I want to know if anyone would like to share their before and after pictures. Also if anyone rewarded yourself after a certain amount of lbs lost, what did you reward yourself with??

Replies

• coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4".... *kicks rocks* I get left out of everything! :grumble:
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Coe. I'm 5'4 as well. :grumble: :indifferent:
    I'm the last one picked in gym class.
  • cerenia
    cerenia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I havn't got any before pics nfortunatly, too afraid to take them! I'm slowly getting there - I tend to treat myself with an item of clothing every 1/2 stone (7lbs) lost - My first half stone was a top in my target size, my first stone, a dress, a size smaller than normal, but it fits (bonus!) I'm 5ft 3 btw ^^
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hey! finally another shorty thread lol im 4'11 i just posted before and afters in the endomorphs thread but here goes again.
    old but i believe u can see difference.

heres my back progress mostly toning actually
    f990c993.png

and heres my waist progress, from 35 to 29' couple months ago plan on taking new ones end of april

02f11ecd-687b-4411-9c8f-72a37a00055c_zpse9f29932.jpg

im 140 right now and my first real goal weight is 120 and i plan on getting an industrial ear piercing when i get there! so excited hopefully that will be june
  • poochsmom
    Options
    I'm 5'2" AND A HALF! Yes the half is very important to me lol. I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs also and I have taken a before picture but I'm no where near my after picture goal :frown: I will say that the greatest "reward" I'm looking forward to giving myself is a shopping spree because when I lose all this weight nothing I have now is going to fit me. When I hit my halfway mark though it should be right around summer and I'm looking forward to rewarding myself with a cute swim suit because it's been a LONG time since I've swam in something besides shorts and a tshirt :embarassed:
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is to lose 90 pounds. Since December 3rd, I am down 31.3 of those pounds, giving me 58.7 more to loose! Right now, I don't have any pictures, but I am focused and this time, I know I am getting it off for good. Totally into the lifestyle change and loving the results! I've given myself a year to get this off.. but regardless of if I make that goal or not, I will be MUCH better off on December 3, 2013, than I was on December 3, 2012!

As for rewards, I've given myself small stuff like a hair cut, a hair color, a new pair of jeans. If I ever get down to 175.00 I was going to treat myself to a new bathing suit (we have a hot tub) but I have one that fits, so what I did instead (a few pounds early) I bought myself two sets of compression capris for when I jog/run and a pair of compression socks.

I think I will buy myself that nice bathing suit when I hit 150 and then when I hit goal! Other than that, I don't really have anything planned.
  • TDF31
    TDF31 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello ladies my name is Tenisha I am currently attempting to lose 60 pounds and keep it off , however I know that support is everything so anyone that is in need of support and can give it please help me. I currently lost 4 pounds but I have a long way to go because my weight is 194 and I am 5"3 so as you ladies can read I really need to move into becoming a new me
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies my name is Tenisha I am currently attempting to lose 60 pounds and keep it off , however I know that support is everything so anyone that is in need of support and can give it please help me. I currently lost 4 pounds but I have a long way to go because my weight is 194 and I am 5"3 so as you ladies can read I really need to move into becoming a new me

you can add me as a friend ill be glad to help :)
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    5'1". I lost 25ish lbs and ate maintenance for 2 months. Now I'm back on it. Wouldn't mind some short, new, nerdy friends!
  • tiffanyjc12
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm not trying to lose weight, but I'm trying to get fit. I have a pic, but don't know how to share it on here. Anyway, I reward myself with nail polish or something small. I also have a calendar where I write down the days I work out, so looking at it and seeing that I did well is a reward all on its own :)
  • bmtmom03
    bmtmom03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and would like to lose 50+ lbs. I weighted 184 when I had my son 9 years ago and got back down to 130 (I weighed 118 when I got pregnant). I am back up to 175 now and feel awful. I'm always tired and out of breath doing simple tasks. My son is very active, so I am trying to lose weight and get in better shape to stick around for him.

I would love some new friends, so you can add me. We can help motivate each other!!
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've lost 74 lbs since 2011.

Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs
    Current Weight: 146

I used to reward myself with food. Like pieces of a certain cake I loved or alcohol. As I've gotten further with my weight loss, my rewards turned into new sneakers, bluetooth headphones, clothes, etc. I don't really care about the food rewards anymore. Though, I will indulge slightly for special occasions like a friend's birthday party or a holiday.

When I reach my ideal muscle tone, I plan on getting a large tattoo on my left arm.

555358_10152595698795417_980336060_n.jpg
  • craintiff
    craintiff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", exactly. Losing the most pregnancy weight I've ever had to lose the most slowly I've ever lost it! But, now I've only got 15 pounds to go. That would be ideal; although even 10 would be awesome if I built a lot more MUSCLE. I'll ask my husband to do a before picture even though I am actually now down 50-53 pounds. I didn't do myfitness pal right away, and of course a lot of initial weight loss was having my baby girl. My profile says I am down 30 pounds, though. Yay!
  • ThisIsCharity
    ThisIsCharity Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'0 tall and I've got about 15 lbs left to lose. I've already lost nearly twenty. I was hanging out around 145 at my top weight and I'm down to 121 right now. Hopefully I'll be down to 105 soon. I don't have to get that weight though I just want to be firmer and less jiggly. Having two kids back to back did a number on my abs/thighs/bum!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps :smile: I'm 5'1" and my profile pic is my before and after. My highest weight was 205lbs, and I would reward myself by going shopping every now and then, just to keep me feeling motivated. Especially since the scale doesn't always tell you the whole story... always remember to measure yourself :wink:
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, when i started this i was 140 pounds now im 123 pounds an staying there. Im curreny rewarding myself with a full back piece tattoo when i reach the level of BF% i want :) ive never not had love handles except now and ive certainly never seen my thigh gap until recently along with the line down my back :D.!!

Before and after avatar
  • sarahmarieb36
    sarahmarieb36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im 5'3" and have around 100 lbs to lose! i've got 10 of those pounds off but still working hard. i have a "reward system" for myself:
    25lbs lost :get a new tattoo
    50lbs lost: get a new outfit
    75lbs lost: get a new swimsuit (bikini, maybe?)
    100lbs lost: Vacation with the hubs.

im looking forward to that first 25!!

good luck with your goals everyone :)
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    We're friends so I think you've seen my B&A pics but they're in my profile. I've gone from 170 to 127.

But I reward myself with new clothes or makeup or shoes - it's a good encouragement when I can go buy a new pair of jeans in a smaller size and keeps me motivated to keep up the habits so they'll continue to fit too. I try not to use food as a reward because a big part of my lifestyle change is eating everything in moderation and enjoying all the same foods in better portions and making good choices most of the time. But that's not to say when I am doing really well I won't treat myself to a fun meal out or a bottle of wine with my husband too!
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2": SW=156, CW=144, GW=120...when I reach half of my goal weight (138lbs) I am going to reward myself with a brand new hairdo...think I may chop it all off and go for something totally different. Not sure what I will reward myself with at the very end though!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". I have some before and afters on my profile, but I'm still very much "in progress".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!