Fear of losing weight increased attention.please respond!

Options
124»

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hello. I think some of the reason why it's hard for me to lose weight is bec of psychological issues which I will discuss over with a counselor. But I haven't posted in over four months and I always get such GREAT comments and learn from everyone here.

I am at my heaviest weight, 185lbs and I've been going through some tough times. I had to cancel my gym membership, (unemployed), stopped working out, being home I have eaten more. I am pretty worried. One of my fears of losing weight is the increased attention I may get from men. When I was 130lbs in 2001 I looked great, I had dates every week. But they were all a bunch of jerks. Then, even at my biggest weight, strange thing is, I can still get dates no problem. But they are STILL all jerks. Most just want sex, and I'm on this whole new spiritual path this year.

Do any single girls here notice that they got more male attention after they shed the lbs? Right now I just want to ward all men off, except for friends only. I have a hard time fighting it off, because I love attention, but it's hard for me to stay on the right path I'm heading. So in a way I am not losing weight, one reason: I don't want men paying attention to me, especially if I look much more attractive. How do I combat this fear?? Any suggestions? Thanks.

fitforlife34

"Hello. I think some of the reason why it's hard for me to lose weight is bec of psychological issues which I will discuss over with a counselor."...................

I think you should have stopped typing after the above sentence and went and made a appointment with the counselor.
  • dee__sxox
    Options
    Yes. Im pretty scared of that. I hardly get hit on these days. I did when I was skinny. I want to feel healthy and really energetic. Thats more important than being afraid of looking good. So just ignore the comments is my advice.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My thoughts exactly.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    A fool proof way to get random guys to never hit on you again is to bring a tantrum throwing 3 year old with you everywhere you go. Then no one will come within speaking distance of you. Seriously.

I can attest to the efficacy of this approach.