Not understanding why i'm not losing weight.

Options
I need some help. I've been dieting for a few months now and am only down 15 lbs. Which i'm excited about but i feel like i'm eating so well and working out daily I should be seeing some more results. Please look through my diary and tell me what i'm doing wrong. I'm so confused. I do usually workout around 9 pm i'm not sure if that has an effect on anything.
Thank you so much!

Replies

• alyssagilbert09
    alyssagilbert09 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've wondered if that was the problem.. I just find it hard to eat that many calories daily.. :/
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not even close to not eating enough. With a goal of 1200 cal/day ( likely not enough to begin with ) you have to eat back your workout calories. After several months of sever calorie deficits your BMR has likely lowered.

Someone will come along and post the link to the roadmap that will help you calculate how much you should be eating.
  • alyssagilbert09
    Options
    Thanks.. I'm gonna have to start eating a hell of a lot more!
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fat2fitradio calculated your calories, prepare to be shocked and then start eating them don't weigh fo a month and see the results.
    If you struggle to eat your calories there's loads of people on here who can give you good advice on high calorie low volume food, I use nuts and protein bars
    Good luck xx
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Agreed, you should be more consistent in your calories eaten and your logging (lots of blanks days in there). And if you're exercising every day, you're not logging it. Logging accurately is truly the first step. You have to be able to go back and see patterns, be fully accountable, etc.

On a side note, I'm wondering about your exercise calories burned, too...1,483 calories for an hour of Zumba, even at high intensity would mean that you have to weigh over 350 lbs which doesn't seem possible based on your photo. You might calculate those calories somewhere else other than wherever you're getting them now. Here's a Zumba calculator: http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • alyssagilbert09
    Options
    I use zumba for the Xbox kinect. It gives you the calories burned. It must not be very accurate. Thank you for that website i'll have to start using that.
  • Sibellaxxx1
    Sibellaxxx1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Noo !! All wrong. You can lose weight easily your just eating the wrong calories !! Lasagna and pastas aren't going to help

Types of food you should be putting in your diet
    - chicken
    -tuna
    -vegetables !!
    -fruit
    - plain yoghurt and maybe a bit of milk
    -oats for the morning !!

Stuff like that. Everything like ham and bacon are not good foods to put in a diet and u will be putting on weight rather than losing
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Noo !! All wrong. You can lose weight easily your just eating the wrong calories !! Lasagna and pastas aren't going to help

Types of food you should be putting in your diet
    - chicken
    -tuna
    -vegetables !!
    -fruit
    - plain yoghurt and maybe a bit of milk
    -oats for the morning !!

Stuff like that. Everything like ham and bacon are not good foods to put in a diet and u will be putting on weight rather than losing
    Wrong.

200 cals of bacon, ham,eggs, ice cream, pop tarts are still 200 calories to the body.
  • AndyLL180
    Options

At least on the days you exercise a lot. One day it looked like you had a 3000 calorie deficit. Your body can't be happy with that.

Based on the 1200cal/day I'm assuming you put in a goal of 2 lbs loss per week. That means MFP has you already at a 1000 calorie deficit which most experts recommend to be the max. That means your 'remaining' should never be in the green.

I 2nd the fat2fitradio.com website to help you calculate your BMR & TDEE.
  • AntWrig
    Options

At least on the days you exercise a lot. One day it looked like you had a 3000 calorie deficit. Your body can't be happy with that.

Based on the 1200cal/day I'm assuming you put in a goal of 2 lbs loss per week. That means MFP has you already at a 1000 calorie deficit which most experts recommend to be the max. That means your 'remaining' should never be in the green.

Rest/training cycling of calories has no benefit over eating the same amount everday.
  • Sibellaxxx1
    Options
    200 cals of bacon, ham,eggs, ice cream, pop tarts are still 200 calories to the body.
    [/quote]

I've been doing that exact routine like she did and I didn't lose anything. As soon as I got to eating good foods. I've nearly lost 5 kilos in a month.
  • alyssagilbert09
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and information.. This is so much harder than I thought it was going to be. I'm trying to get healthy but just can't seem to get it right. I'm gonna do more research and get this calorie intake thing under control.
  • AntWrig
    Options

I've been doing that exact routine like she did and I didn't lose anything. As soon as I got to eating good foods. I've nearly lost 5 kilos in a month. Explain that to me !!!
    [/quote]
    If you were eating calorie for calorie, than that's impossible. Your body can't defy the laws of thermodynamics.

If anything you're probably eating less due to the "clean" foods being more fulling.
  • Sibellaxxx1
    Options
    You go girl !! Just remember good calories. Not bad calories. Sometimes even think organic :D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I've been doing that exact routine like she did and I didn't lose anything. As soon as I got to eating good foods. I've nearly lost 5 kilos in a month. Explain that to me !!!

You are eating about 500 calories a day now. Were you eating 500 calories when you were eating bacon and ham?

Edited to fix quotes
  • AndyLL180
    Options

Rest/training cycling of calories has no benefit over eating the same amount everday.

ahhh... you edited while I was replying.

Her exercise is inconsistent. I'm not suggesting any 'rest/training cycling' but trying to maintain a reasonable consistent calorie deficit daily... or at least maintaining no more then a 1000 deficit on days she exercises heavily.
  • AntWrig
    Options
    And that's the exact point. Good foods make you more fuller and active. So you pretty much contradicted yourself.
    Actually I didn't. You're eating 600-800 calories a day. Doesn't matter if it was bacon, chips, candy etc. You would still lose weight.

The question is WHY are you eating 600-800 calories a day.

My cat eats more than that.
  • AntWrig
    Options
    No actually that's not how it works. If I ate like that; bacon ham or whatever I wouldn't be losing weight id be gaining. -.-
    Calorie for calorie you wouldn't.

Now bacon and ham are very calorie dense. I would say about 8 slices would cover your DAILY current intake. Coupled with the sodium, you would "gain".

You don't understand the basics of nutrition. I suggest you learn, because the path you're leading yourself down is not good.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Eat back your workouts. Have a PB and J sandwich. TThey are like 400 calories. You can totally eat more. Your body isnt hungry because you have trained yourself not to respond to normal hunger from dieting for so long. After a couple of days eating at or above 1200 you will go back to normal hunger.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has their daily goal set at 600 calories shouldn't be giving out advice. As I saw someone else post today - Ana's not your friend, she's trying to kill you.