How young is too young?

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Her dad is with the police and she is barely legal and you are asking if you should go for it? Your risk acceptance is much higher than mine!

Barely legal is still legal.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I don't understand why you keep bringing India into this conversation? Did your British empire not rape and pillage them enough that you feel the need to finish the job?

... no i'm expressing my opinion of the things that go on there, i didn't have anything to do with the british empire? i don't reallllly think i'm disallowed an opinion because of something that happened 400 years ago

you mean 80 years?

And you are entitled to the opinion. I genuinely would like to know what India got to do with this conversation cause you mentioned it like a couple of times.

Or do you call all brown people Indian and the mention of India is like a funny racist joke on Taunto that flew over my head and I didn't get it?

Someone said on one of the first pages that she was from india. I think that's how it all started...

Try again, the English gentleman clearly stated that he got India based on looking at the pictures.

ok he's not indian he's clearly......... vietnamese.......... please start an arguement with me i'm dying to see where you're going with this

You are quiet mistaken kind sir; I don't fancy arguing with you, I only wanted to understand where India came from. After your clarification that you stereotyped him as an Indian due to his looks and your vast knowledge of Indians because there are a lot of them where you live. I know understand why you casted him as Indian and preceded to link him to India and rape to crush his credibility.

sex with a child is rape imho

The law disagrees with you.

with all due respect this is your thread but i'm not talking about 17 years old, i don't really care if you shag her or not, she's legal, it's not for me but you're gonna do it either way by the looks of it.

what i'm talking about when i say children is a girl "becoming of age" when she has her first period
  • rabies
    rabies Posts: 62
    Options

Her dad is with the police and she is barely legal and you are asking if you should go for it? Your risk acceptance is much higher than mine!

Barely legal is still legal.

Not if her dad's the law, it's not :)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You are obviously second-guessing yourself, follow your higher instincts. 17 years old is a world away from 29. Don't be a creeper, find someone in your own demographic.

This. My question is WHY would a 29 year old MAN want a 17 year old GIRL? I mean, you'll have so much in common . *end sarcasm*
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

You are quiet mistaken kind sir; I don't fancy arguing with you, I only wanted to understand where India came from. After your clarification that you stereotyped him as an Indian due to his looks and your vast knowledge of Indians because there are a lot of them where you live. I know understand why you casted him as Indian and preceded to link him to India and rape to crush his credibility.

Now you are taking your argument to a whole new field.

We can all agree on sex with a child being rape, that is why we have laws in each of our countries that clear state that and define a child.

I personally think child labour is like rape for what it's taking away from the children. But that doesn't give me the right to say everyone using an IPhone helped rape those poor kids in China.

That would be taking my argument to a whole new field.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Meh, if her parents are good with the two of you being together, it shouldn't matter. Age is just a number (Unless you were old enough to drink on the day she was born ... that is just creepy)
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi I say go for it, There is 7 years ( not as many as 12 i know but ....) between me and my husband and i was 17 when we got together. xx
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Go for it! My husband is 12 and a half years older than I am.

People acting ignorant because they have the anonymity of being on the internet and bashing other cultures because they don't agree with their ancient ways
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Ok dude here's the thing: Are you both consenting adults: According to laws in England, yes. However seeing as you and I are close in age here's just some food for thought.

You graduated from high school 13 years ago... she is just graduating. While age may "just be a number" and your maturity level may be that of a 17 year old boy, the actual life and life experience difference between the two of you is VAST. As in as big as the f*ckin grand canyon. Why on earth would you want to start a relationship with someone who more than likely will not have the maturity to handle whatever it is you are trying to throw at her. Be it good intentions or your d**K.

If you want to have a lasting relationship, find someone whose at least 21 or older, if you want to deal with someone whose basically a child, then by all means have at it. Just be ready for the repercussion from it. Oh and also, the fact that her father is a cop- better watch your balls,
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    Too young mate - 5 years ago she was 12.

^ Perspective.
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Really hope this isn't a troll thread...

regardless, when I was 19 I dated a 32 year old. Given, I was over the age of 18 but the difference is the same...family members were not happy with the arrangement and made it awkward...even though it didn't last long we are still friends. If there is a connection, go for it. It sounds like the age of consent is 16, she can make her own decisions...but do try to be a gentleman about it..ask her father for permission if you two do hit it off....give her a call

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • NerissaLynn
    NerissaLynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are 13 years apart in age. She keeps me young and is wonderful! Go for it
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm from Asia. We have a strict policy of old enough to bleed, old enough to breed

This scares me.

Me too. My step daughter is 12 and just hit that point, she certainly isn't mature enough to handle sex or having a baby. Very frightening indeed.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Definitely not! Let her be young and do the things teenagers do. If you end up in a relationship with her, she is probably going to resent you for it down the line. I'm 30 and I wouldn't dream of dating anyone that young. I mean she just got her driver's license last year!
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Now you are taking your argument to a whole new field.

We can all agree on sex with a child being rape, that is why we have laws in each of our countries that clear state that and define a child.

I personally think child labour is like rape for what it's taking away from the children. But that doesn't give me the right to say everyone using an IPhone helped rape those poor kids in China.

That would be taking my argument to a whole new field.

no i'm not taking it to another field the guy's credibility was removed when he said if a girl bleeds she can breed, at a very common age being around 13 (sometimes as early as 11 for a girl at my school) that is basicly condoning rape as an entire "culture"

and to add i dont give a rats *kitten* what country he's from what he said was wrong regardless of being culture or not
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Too young mate - 5 years ago she was 12.

Seriously.

I have a daughter and I truly hope that when she's 17, a 29 year old does not take advantage. To her it's a compliment that an older man is interested. Honestly though, it's troublesome that you can't comprehend how this would be an issue.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I don't understand why you keep bringing India into this conversation? Did your British empire not rape and pillage them enough that you feel the need to finish the job?

... no i'm expressing my opinion of the things that go on there, i didn't have anything to do with the british empire? i don't reallllly think i'm disallowed an opinion because of something that happened 400 years ago

you mean 80 years?

And you are entitled to the opinion. I genuinely would like to know what India got to do with this conversation cause you mentioned it like a couple of times.

Or do you call all brown people Indian and the mention of India is like a funny racist joke on Taunto that flew over my head and I didn't get it?

Someone said on one of the first pages that she was from india. I think that's how it all started...

Try again, the English gentleman clearly stated that he got India based on looking at the pictures.

ok he's not indian he's clearly......... vietnamese.......... please start an arguement with me i'm dying to see where you're going with this

The violent take over and destruction of a sub-continent by an imperialist power is also accurately described as rape in many history books and imho.
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    Society, as in people, are very judgemental and they have been brainwashed into what is ok and what isn't, largely be religions. Even if they're not religious the laws they quote have been influenced by them. In this case something of an irony given the Catholic church scandals going on, but hey ho...

It's especially difficult on an international forum like this as I've known Americans to consider it wholly inappropriate for someone to legally have sex at 16, when their laws say 18. They also find it wrong for ppl to drink at 18, as opposed to 21. But they'll give someone a car at 16. And a gun at 18. Go figure... And we in the UK think 16 is ok for someone to be sexually active, but not 14. Despite the fact that in reality many teens have had sex at that age. But we prefer not to talk about it at the dinner table. If we don't talk about it, it's not happening...

If you are asking if it's ok, then for you, it's not ok.
    You clearly care what other people think otherwise you wouldn't be asking.
    How would you feel if it was your 17 year old daughter or sister dating a 29 year old? Would you honestly be ok with it? If not, how is it ok for you?

So I don't think you're going to be able to cope with the aggro other ppl are going to give you.
    Anyone outside of social "norms" ( a moving target) has to put up with a lot of judgement from other people who like to stick their noses into the business of others in order to distract themselves from their dissatisfaction with their own lives. Until recently this included, and in some circles still includes, any woman dating a younger man, someone in a mixed race relationship, or someone dating someone of the same sex. People will scoff about such things now, but at the time it was a very real problem and a *widely* held belief.

As for the mathematical formula of what is ok and what isn't, that's the biggest pile of c**p I've read in a while.
    Half your age plus 7? Why was it not half plus 6? Or half plus 8? There is NOTHING scientific about it. It's purely something for people to quote to try and make their point of view sound authoritative. All it tells me is that they can't think for themselves and weigh up a situation.

She may be very mature at 17, however the odds say it's unlikely. Doesn't mean she isn't outside that "norm", just giving you the odds.

Your intentions may be honourable, let's be clear here, if you're talking about a relationship with her sex comes into this at some point, but if you intend to just use her and throw her away that's not cool. Whether she's 17 or 27. But it's going to hurt her more at 17 than 27. Don't be that guy.

If you chat some more and find you genuinely do have something in common and an attraction that goes beyond the pure physical, and you can cope with ppl calling you a perv (because they will), then start dating but take things slow. If things work out between you that's great.

12 years is a big age gap, I think any gap where now or in the near future you are likely to be at different stages in your life in terms of wants (don't want kids, want kids now, don't want more kids etc) is likely to make things very difficult. But that's not to say it's impossible to succeed.

Bear in mind you may fall for her in a very real way and she may well rip your heart out too...
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    We are all missing the point here.

Too young is officially 15
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I say it's creepy in writing. But I also say as long as it's legal, love has no age. Good luck, whatever you decide.