People should just chill out a bit

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    People should just chill outttttttt, life is too short to be jumping down other peoples throats and force their opinions on them all the time

Um.. aren't you doing it too?

Haha, how?

Its just an observation. I like lively debate, life would be dull without it, but some of the people on here could start a fight in an empty room

Well, stating that "People should just chill out" is kind of forcing your opinion on them. :smile:

I agree. Posting a thread violently attacking and bullying others isn't going to solve the violence and bullying on MFP.

over-reaction much? The OPs post was a teeny tiny bit hypocrisy, but it isn't anywhere near attacking and bullying.

Look up. Check over your head, that's where that sarcasm just went...

Well it looked pretty literal. :smile:
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    tNsV
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well the narrow minded *kitten* on MFP most likely are in direct proportion to the narrow minded *kitten* on the street. This just gives them a venue. It is like many other things.....take what's good for you, leave behind what's not. If someone in particular is bothering you, block them......done.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    People should just chill outttttttt, life is too short to be jumping down other peoples throats and force their opinions on them all the time

Um.. aren't you doing it too?

Haha, how?

Its just an observation. I like lively debate, life would be dull without it, but some of the people on here could start a fight in an empty room

Well, stating that "People should just chill out" is kind of forcing your opinion on them. :smile:

I agree. Posting a thread violently attacking and bullying others isn't going to solve the violence and bullying on MFP.

over-reaction much? The OPs post was a teeny tiny bit hypocrisy, but it isn't anywhere near attacking and bullying.

Look up. Check over your head, that's where that sarcasm just went...

Well it looked pretty literal. :smile:

Are you calling me literal? I don't know what that means, so I'm going to take it as an insult. Why do you have to continue to be not nice to people?
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    There are genuine questions I have from time to time, but I won't post them on the board because I'm afraid of all of the extremists. I agree.

OMG, YOUR PICTURE. I JUST WANT TO CUDDLE YOU!

OMG, YOUR PICTURE. I JUST WANT TO CUDDLE YOU! :love: :love:
    COME HERE :devil:

Where is my flight taking me? :bigsmile:

To the freezing, snowing and windy Upstate NY to come to the cuddlefest I'm hosting.

That is probably only a 6 hour drive from Pittsburgh :smile:

I was hoping for something more private :frown:
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i love it!!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    There are genuine questions I have from time to time, but I won't post them on the board because I'm afraid of all of the extremists. I agree.

What are you afraid of? Some words on a screen? Ask questions if you have them, this is what the forums are for! Also, not that this is a newsflash but some people in the world are not nice people...

I'm nice and I will punch anyone in the face who says different.

Come at me bro.

Sweep the leg!

sweep-the-leg-o.gif

Bring it on!!!

karate-kid-o.gif
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is prime example of what I'm taking about. Its cool if people disagree but how am i hypocritical for what i'm saying, just because I said it?

I like to hear people's opinions, but i'm not 'forcing it down other people's throats' just by writing a post about it?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    IPeople should just chill outttttttt...

side note: i see people extend words all the time like this, and it bothers me because it is completely different than if people extend it while actually speaking. What I mean is, if you were to tell someone to chill out, and wanted to emphasize "out" by making it long and drawn out, you would extend the vowels, like "oooooooouuuuuuut." they way it's written above makes me, in my mind, hear "out-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh."

how's that for chill?

HAHAHAHA!!!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

OMG, YOUR PICTURE. I JUST WANT TO CUDDLE YOU!

OMG, YOUR PICTURE. I JUST WANT TO CUDDLE YOU! :love: :love:
    COME HERE :devil:

Where is my flight taking me? :bigsmile:

To the freezing, snowing and windy Upstate NY to come to the cuddlefest I'm hosting.

That is probably only a 6 hour drive from Pittsburgh :smile:

I was hoping for something more private :frown:
    You're a gingerbread cookie....if you were a squirrel, I'd consider it.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    1352542578_va-keep-calm-and-chill-out-2cd-2012.jpg
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

What are you afraid of? Some words on a screen? Ask questions if you have them, this is what the forums are for! Also, not that this is a newsflash but some people in the world are not nice people...

I'm nice and I will punch anyone in the face who says different.

Come at me bro.

Sweep the leg!

sweep-the-leg-o.gif

Bring it on!!!

karate-kid-o.gif

win and win
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    You're a gingerbread cookie....if you were a squirrel, I'd consider it.

Behold:

chill+out+squirrel.jpg
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is prime example of what I'm taking about. Its cool if people disagree but how am i hypocritical for what i'm saying, just because I said it?

I like to hear people's opinions, but i'm not 'forcing it down other people's throats' just by writing a post about it?

It's difficult for abusers to admit they're abusing.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5kqlgj8gz1rxz74ko1_400.gif
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8tu432HUr1qcuqx0o1_500.gif

Everybody just let everybody do their thing, yo.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Ok, maybe I don't understand.

How do OTHER people force opinions down, say, YOUR throat here on this message board? Is it by writing posts?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Wow, there's like 3 different conversations going on in this thread and I'm getting a brain ache.

Goats, bullying, and creepy cookies, OH MY!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Are you calling me literal? I don't know what that means, so I'm going to take it as an insult. Why do you have to continue to be not nice to people?

32754340.jpg
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    IPeople should just chill outttttttt...

side note: i see people extend words all the time like this, and it bothers me because it is completely different than if people extend it while actually speaking. What I mean is, if you were to tell someone to chill out, and wanted to emphasize "out" by making it long and drawn out, you would extend the vowels, like "oooooooouuuuuuut." they way it's written above makes me, in my mind, hear "out-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh."

how's that for chill?

^I thought I was the only one who was bothered by that. :tongue: