Any 250lbs + people want to be friends?!!

Options

Replies

• marcelle65
    marcelle65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    add me i am new to this site and would welcome any friends in the same boat as myself i am around the 300 lb mark at the mo, i find having friends at same weight or have been here understands some of the worries and frustrations,

i had a lap band done in 2000 and for me wasnt sucessful besides the fact i achieved my goal of becoming a mother again after 22 yrs of trying my eldest is 30 and youngest is 8,

i have been large all my life so of course got he bullying at school and also being the fat friend to make them look slimmer lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,

congratulations to all that is sticking to their own personal goal my own goal is 169 lb as that would be 140 lbs lower than my heaviest weight and i know i would look good at that weight xmx :smile: :happy:
  • smallbore
    smallbore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in that boat! I would love to be friends, the road looks so long and lonely ... company that can relate is great! At 5'10.5" I figure I will never be a small woman, but I would like to get to a weight that I at least feel comfortable in my skin :-)
  • Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh hey there, don't mind me, I'm just going to add everyone in this thread :P
    I love having people with goals close to mine. I'm 5'6 and started this journey at 328lbs on the beginning of December last year. I'm currently 292lbs and nowhere near ready to stop! Anybody is welcome to add me. My diary is closed but perhaps I will be brave and open it to friends sometime.
  • midnightwillow
    Options
    Hi everyone Im 25 and weigh 223 im down 10 pounds. Im looking for friends to help stay motivated and accountable and who will help do the same. I want to share this journey so add me and lets do this together
  • ADKdreams
    ADKdreams Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out at 262 on January 1, 2013; I weighed in this morning at 234.5. Although I'm making much better food choices and really staying with my calorie goal, I can't take all the credit for the loss so far. I got hurt at work last November and have three herniated discs; in addition, my job started hassling me - they put an ad on Craig's List while I was out for two weeks, wrote me up (for a bogus issue) when I came back (I've never been written up in my life).....between the pain and the stress at work, I was crying at the drop of a hat. My doctor put me on Zoloft and since then, the pounds have been dropping off; my best guess is that I am a huge emotional/stress eater and that the meds have taken away their power. I'm able to eat 1200 calories a day and feel satisfied with that. I'd love to connect with others!
  • taz69tazz
    taz69tazz Posts: 57
    Options
    u took the words out of my mouth.. i am in the same boat as u 250+ pounds and i just started my weight loss jorney...fell free to add me
  • stacyfoo
    stacyfoo Posts: 47
    Options
    any of y'all feel free to add me :)
  • gmms57
    gmms57 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting at 240, need to lose 95lbs. I lose a few and gain them back, been at this weight for too long, it's now or never!
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Anyone that wants to add me, feel free to do so. I'm currently 285lbs, 5ft 7in. GW 140. Look forward to go trough this with you all :smile: :smile:
  • _andreamarie
    _andreamarie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 228 so it's pretty close. & I was 240 when I started trying to lose.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm about 270. Feel free to add me.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Improbable... impossible... bah.

The only barriers that exist are in your mind.
  • :smile: Would love to, need all the support I can get.....I am here if you want to add me!
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • alecia88
    alecia88 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im 225 and have a lot to lose anyone feel free to add me. it would be great to have more motivation and to help motivate others
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm 228 lbs, but I started MFP at 266 lbs. Anyone can add me.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    u can always add me! i love people with open diaries i am always looking for new ideas
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am currently 250 I started out at 258. It is a hard journey so you can add me as well if u would like. I like to give my mfp friends encouragement when I can.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm at 259, started at 363. Feel free to add me.
  • Clydesdaleking
    Options
    Hi I started at 285 ten days ago and at 276 today. The key isn't to workout harder, it's to eat better. So many diet out there from "4 Hour Body" to Paleo to just dropping what we intake.

I'm training to do an obstacle run in 90 days and would like to be below 255 by then.

I started utilizing the paleo diet after hearing about faster recovery from workouts and not being hungry. It seems to be working. Unlike the Cabbage Soup Diet where I was always hungry and eating veggies to fill a craving, I now Really don't feel like eating. My urge to eat junk food is gone because my body isn't craving it anymore because I'm eating better. Now my body tends to feel sick if I stick sugar into it. It's really easy to stay away from the crap now.

Goal is 230 by September.

Add me if you like. Just don't dump me after I go below 250 because my child abandoment issues will have me binge eating! :)-