Who the hell is really so busy?

Options
FrnkLft
FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
I hear this all the time "I'm so busy..." "No time these days" "Can't do it too stressed/busy" WTF is going on with people these days really? Nevermind just exercise, what is everyone else up to that is keeping them so horribly occupied? We can't all have 18 hr work days... I think it's mostly BS.

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    A one hour workout is 4 percent of your day.

So really if you say you have no time, I can't get it up to feel bad for you. Nope nope, not gonna do it.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I was always too busy. Magically some time seemed to free up when I cut off my cable. Weird how that worked out.
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    People suck. Who cares. lol
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I can't work out because I'm on MFP forums giving advice on how to workout.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can kind of understand the stress. I'm dealing with a terminally ill family member and sometimes it's nearly impossible to get yourself out of bed in the morning to work out... but I haven't missed a workout yet! Sometimes life throws you challenges, you just have to man-up and do it. There is no other way.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Agreed
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I just don't have time with all the MFP thread lurking, work, driving, eating, napping, and TV watching, to get any exercise in!!
    I just have NO time! :sad:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I can kind of understand the stress. I'm dealing with a terminally ill family member and sometimes it's nearly impossible to get yourself out of bed in the morning to work out... but I haven't missed a workout yet! Sometimes life throws you challenges, you just have to man-up and do it. There is no other way.

Sorry about your family member. And greAt words.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's not about time it's about priorities. Saying I don't have enough time sounds better than saying I don't want to make it a priority.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It's not about time it's about priorities. Saying I don't have enough time sounds better than saying I don't want to make it a priority.

Preach.
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Sorry about your family member. And greAt words.

Except replace "man up" with "put on your super woman panties". Then I can support this.
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There's circumstances and excuses. Circumstances can make things hard but that's probably only 25% of the people, the rest just like that to be an excuse (I'm guilty of it myself over the years) but I'm currently a full time student and working 40 hours a week and I do an hour to an hour and a half of exercise every day. It's about what you want and prioritize those things.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    All these busy folks also need to realize that you can get in a bad-*kitten* workout in exactly 30 minutes. You DO NOT need 3 hours at the gym to get fit.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Do you have kids? A house and yard to maintain? Aging parents who need assistance? Do you take night school courses to keep technically current for your job (or to get a better one)? Do you have any health issues that need monitoring or treatment? Extended family you keep social contact with? Do you do any volunteer work? Have any hobbies or outside interests not related to fitness? Just wondering.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    agreed
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

" I now do what other people only dream. I make art until someone dies. See? I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist. "
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    People just making pathetic excuses.
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

This, and I admit to being guilty of this in the past. It's so easy to fritter away tons of time just poking around the Internet. But in the last 3 months since I started doing MFP, I have been very motivated to do some form of exercise every day, even if it's just 20 minutes on the arc trainer. It's become a habit, thankfully.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't know - if I worked full time I'd be pretty busy. I'm a secondary school teacher. Before I had kids and went part time I used to spend 8 hours on a Sunday doing all my lesson planning. And that wasn't including all the after school meetings, detention duties, marking etc. if on top of that I then had to collect my kids from nursery, give them a bath, get them ready for bed etc then I'd never get chance to sit down! Before kids I did used to go to the gym after work every day though, so I did still make the time.

Luckily I work part time so I have more of a balance and I have my gym time and my days off to just enjoy with my kids. I do have to spend time on school stuff still, and obviously all the housework things. My husband does shift work so I am often on my own with the kids.

I am worried about Sept when my eldest starts school. I'll have to collect him as soon as I finish (whereas now they both go to nursery til 6pm) so when my husband is on late shift there'll be no gym for me! But I can take my son for walks after school, and do my Zumba Xbox game in the evenings. There's always a way!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I hear this all the time "I'm so busy..." "No time these days" "Can't do it too stressed/busy" WTF is going on with people these days really? Nevermind just exercise, what is everyone else up to that is keeping them so horribly occupied? We can't all have 18 hr work days... I think it's mostly BS.

What does it matter to you if they don't? Why worry about others? Worry about yourself. ;)