Lower abdomen toning

Options
124»

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    squat and deadlifts.........................................................
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Lose more body fat. You can't tone anything. You build muscle or lose fat. There is nothing you can tone.

this about explains it..
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred seemed to really help with my lower belly.. after having two kids and a c-section and never having this budge ever in my younger childless years, I can say try its worth a shot to try out. You can also do a search or look in the Success Stories section of the forums about 30DS where you will see 100s of women who have done this and have had reduction in the lower abs area (and other areas as well)

Everyone says you can't spot reduce but it's not reasonable to ask what are good exercises to target the lower abs in addition to working out the entire body and eating right. Doing them doesn't mean it will come off straight away but it's better than listening to you can't spot reduce and ignoring that section altogether. :indifferent:
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I know you can't spot lose, but I am interested in knowing what people do to work their lower abs.

<
    That

(V-sit)

And that ----VVVV

b8d3d0ef-f249-4733-8599-e0999dcf40c3_zps555ff5f2.jpg

(body lever)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Most people tend to hold the last of their fat in lower-abdomen, glutes and some in their quads. You have to just keep reducing all over body-fat.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Anybody said liposuction yet? Only way I know to spot reduce on the lower abdomen.
  • tntgal2
    tntgal2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Besides agreeing you can't "spot reduce" - you can look at www.sparkpeople.com. They have good demos of exercises to target abs (and other areas). livestrong.com is another general fitness site with lower abs workouts -

http://www.livestrong.com/article/212283-exercise-to-target-lower-abs/
  • xtina25392
    Options

Happy with the way in looking just annoying that my lower abdomen pretudes slightly against my upper.

I have this same problem! I've only just started Core Strength a few weeks ago and everything else has toned up EXCEPT the lower abdomen.
    I guess its just patience along with exercise and clean eating
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    develop your abs while in a CALORIC SURPLUS and youll have much better definition the next tiem you cut down.... Youll never look toned without putting on some muscle and cutting down to it...

or you could spend endless amounts of time trying to gain muscle at maintenance levels of calories, but, im not going to suggest that
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    pilates reformer 3-4 times/week (1 hour class)...good core work if you stay focused on engaging your core and breath throughout the class.
  • FCHW
    FCHW Posts: 35
    Options
    To work lower abs I do throw downs (partner exercise, but really works - your partner is standing up and you are laying under them holding their ankles, then you lift your legs to start, they will push them down and you must bring your legs up to meet their hands again without touching the ground), reverse crunches, and another move where I hang from the pull up bar or anything where my legs aren't touching the ground and I lift my legs (I keep them straight but some people bend them). My lower abs a problem area for me too, I have lost inches there but never without fat burning cardio! :)
    Hope I helped! :)
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Pilates!!!! :heart:
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Russian Twist, you can search it on youtube to see what it looks like.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I learned a great ab routine in the army. It requires a partner.
    You lie on the floor on your back with your legs in the air, feet together. Your partner stands over you, grabs your legs and throws them to the floor. Your objective is to stop your feet hitting the floor. every so often (and without warning!) your partner will throw your legs to the left or right, working your obliques. Keep doing this until you can't stop your feet hitting the floor, then switch. It helped me build a crazy 6 pack (many years ago!).
    This is a killer burn so warm up first!
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    There is a very large elephant in the room of this thread. The basics are accurate though. Lift heavy weights to build ab muscles. Lose body fat to reveal them.