MFP has taken over Facebook

124»

Replies

• 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    same here. the problem with MFP is that you only get notified if someone sent u a msg or an invitation.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Facebook? All I get is reshared pictures of word puzzles, reshared pictures of inspirational quotes, reshared pictures of recipes, and nobody SAYS anything... and there's no way to block it.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Facebook? All I get is reshared pictures of word puzzles, reshared pictures of inspirational quotes, reshared pictures of recipes, and nobody SAYS anything... and there's no way to block it.

Sure you can. You can block all that stuff. The blocking feature is a hidden rollover arrow though.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    I got rid of facebook like 10 years ago...

MFP>Facebook
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    I just realized that I am spending more time on MFP than I do Facebook.

Score!

Yup.
  • saxmaniac
    Sure you can. You can block all that stuff. The blocking feature is a hidden rollover arrow though.

Hm, I know about that, but it doesn't work. I can block games, photos, comments and likes, etc, but not "shares". Educate me?

Here's what I want:

If a friend presses "Share" from the "MOMMY NEEDS A @!#*!@#& BEER" page of a "Some E-cards" joke, then don't show it.
    If the same friend posts a picture of their kids, then DO show it.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

Hm, I know about that, but it doesn't work. I can block games, photos, comments and likes, etc, but not "shares". Educate me?

Here's what I want:

If a friend presses "Share" from the "MOMMY NEEDS A @!#*!@#& BEER" page of a "Some E-cards" joke, then don't show it.
    If the same friend posts a picture of their kids, then DO show it.

OIC what you're saying.. no, you might just have to block everything they post.

Went to go look. There's a "hide" option in there.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    I log into facebook once every few weeks but never stay on for long. I'm on MFP all day, every day.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    But what happens when all of us reach our goals? MFP will go down in a flame!

What if MFP starts kicking us out as we reach our goals? I guess that you have two more lbs before you get the boot. :wink:
  • saxmaniac
    Went to go look. There's a "hide" option in there.

And thus, the problem. You can block a person, just not all the junk.

Facebook is now like when your dad first got email, he forwarded you EVERYTHING and you couldn't block him.
  • I gave up facebook two years ago.. Seriosuly i couldnt stand the "look at my baby's poop" or the oter 24/7 updates. Seriously who gives a crap that you just made breakast!!!!

Please god let fb be the next myspace..done

Totally, totally agree with this. Then people's feelings get hurt when you don't respond with "Oh your new hair cut looks so great or those nails you just has done look awesome".
    Facebook is a waste of my time.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member

What if MFP starts kicking us out as we reach our goals? I guess that you have two more lbs before you get the boot. :wink:

By that time I will have enough information on you to stalk you in person. So all should be good.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541

By that time I will have enough information on you to stalk you in person. So all should be good.

Yes. That should be quite the portfolio that you are compiling.
  • shyam3001
    shyam3001 Posts: 24
    I hate facebook!
    This is great!