Do you LOVE to do something, but you suck at it?

Options

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hacky Sack
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ice skating.

I have all the coordination in the world...Until you get me on ice skates. Then I flail around like an idiot.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Call of Duty :grumble:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Tennis. When I took it in college, instead of hitting backhand, I would switch my racket to my other hand. Coach was like, "I've never seen anybody do that before...," but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a compliment...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Singing and playing musical instruments
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Dancing!

I look like the retard that just stubbed her toe on the dance floor...

But half of my cardio workouts are from dancing.

I know you mean nothing by it, but I can't not say anything. Please don't use the r word. It is very derogatory and offensive.
    Wah freaking wah.

No. It's a word that needs to be taken out of our lexicon. As a teacher, I have many special ed teacher friends who could tell you that many mildly impaired kids, who lack many of the tools to deal emotionally with name-calling, are really damaged by language like this. So become an adult and have some compassion.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    For me it's singing as well. I love it, but I sound like crap.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Dirtnap63 wrote:
    Golf - I have the occasional round where it all comes together, and by some standards I suppose I'm decent at it (14 - 17 hdcp) but given the amount of time I've committed to it I really should be better at it.
    Yep. Definitely golf.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Any sport. I wish I was the athletic type, but from my earliest memory, I was always picked last. Sigh. Is it too early for rum?
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Dancing!

I know you mean nothing by it, but I can't not say anything. Please don't use the r word. It is very derogatory and offensive.
    Wah freaking wah.

No. It's a word that needs to be taken out of our lexicon. As a teacher, I have many special ed teacher friends who could tell you that many mildly impaired kids, who lack many of the tools to deal emotionally with name-calling, are really damaged by language like this. So become an adult and have some compassion.

people always have something to cry about
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Dancing!

Wah freaking wah.

Yup. Sure do. For instance, I lament the fact that the average person's vocabulary is so stunted and limited that they have to resort to the word "retard" to describe when something is amiss.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Dancing!

Wah freaking wah.

Yes, excuse me for having sense and compassion. Excuse me for sticking up for a group of amazing people who might not always be able to do so themselves. It is unfortunate that there are people like you out there that see it as no big deal. People out there that don't seem to give a damn about how you or your language might affect others. In the end, by using the word, you are the one that will be left looking like a fool. We all have a soapbox and I choose to stand on mine from time to time.
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Call of Duty :grumble:
    [/quote
    I here that.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I paint. My pictures are pitiful; they really suck. They never translate to canvas the way they are in my head. It's kind of sad that I like painting so much, because I'm actually decent at pen and ink.

What's even sadder is that I've actually sold some of this "art" on Ebay (admittedly, for prices under $25...I sometimes wonder what's happened to them).
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Yeah, mostly about how it's soooooo unfair that people ask them to not randomly insult people. "YOU WANT ME TO BE PC? THAT'S TOO MUCH WORK AND I'M TOO LAZY TO DO IT WHAAAAA!"

That's what I see people crying about. My hearts just weeps for the intolerable endurance it must be to think about what you are saying. My goodness, however do you handle the strain?
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Bowling, man. I'm happy to hit 80. Even after going through a course in my gym class, I still suck.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I LOVE women. I suck at dating them
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I LOVE women. I suck at dating them

Lol :)
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between crying about doing a hundred burpees and defending a group of people against derogatory insults. Don't be a bully. Be a positive person for change, know you are better than that and don't need to use that language.

As for me, I love to exercise, and I'm bad at all of it. Keep on keepin on though.
  • EJtheDJ
    EJtheDJ Posts: 6
    Options
    I love dancing! Always have, but totally suck at it. When I was a kid I liked performing- singing, dancing and stuff- but as a grown-up I hate it. Maybe it's three years studying next to the drama faculty at uni that made me despise the la-de-dah performing types :(