Do you LOVE to do something, but you suck at it?

Options

Replies

• MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    singing...although I totally kick *kitten* singing in the shower...

Running..I am convinced I look like a giraffe when I run
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I LOVE music... I used to be a decent singer, but my vocal chords have taken a real beating, thanks to my allergies/ asthma (both cause my vocal chords to swell), so I'm not really very good at that anymore. Also dancing, I just got out of shape and out of practice, so I look rediciulous!
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Singing....but give me some booze and a karaoke machine and IDGAF!!
  • bostongrl13
    bostongrl13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Golf - Popped my shoulder out of its socket last summer hitting the ball off the tee. Sadly it was the best drive I've ever hit and my boyfriend was impressed...until he looked down and saw me crumpled up on the ground wailing.

However, I am pretty darn good at driving a golf cart around whilst drinking a refreshing vodka-lemonade and watching him play like a pro. :drinker:

Edited for spelling and grammar.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Singing would be my answer too. I'm a freakin rock star in the car with the radio turned up, though!:happy:

I also like playing sports but I'm not athletic at all... my dad's all-star basketball player genes didn't get passed to me.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I love to roller skate but I'm absolutely awful. Have to hang on to someone!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I love playing golf..I play pretty much every weekend from about nowish through the end of October. I totally suck though, even after numerous lessons. I'm way to embarrassed to play with the guys from my office when they go out. I either play with my other sucky friends or my wife...who's actually pretty decent. I hate when I have to play with my father-in-law...he's retired and plays 4 days per week year around...he's pretty good and I think he just rolls his eyes when I'm out there with him.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Dancing!

I look like the retard that just stubbed her toe on the dance floor...

But half of my cardio workouts are from dancing.

I know you mean nothing by it, but I can't not say anything. Please don't use the r word. It is very derogatory and offensive.
    Wah freaking wah.

No. It's a word that needs to be taken out of our lexicon. As a teacher, I have many special ed teacher friends who could tell you that many mildly impaired kids, who lack many of the tools to deal emotionally with name-calling, are really damaged by language like this. So become an adult and have some compassion.

people always have something to cry about

Yes, excuse me for having sense and compassion. Excuse me for sticking up for a group of amazing people who might not always be able to do so themselves. It is unfortunate that there are people like you out there that see it as no big deal. People out there that don't seem to give a damn about how you or your language might affect others. In the end, by using the word, you are the one that will be left looking like a fool. We all have a soapbox and I choose to stand on mine from time to time.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: from a mom with a special needs kid.
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Cooking!
    OK- I don't exactly suck at it...but am no Iron Chef either!!
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Golf - I have take a lessons this spring!!
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Tennis and Golf and ice skating!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Singing.

No forreal I was kicked out of voice lessons...tone deafness is a very real thing.

I love to sing, but sound like the bad American Idol contestents.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'll go...

I love to sing, but I freaking suck.

Same.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,149 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily love it, but bowling. My friends all made fun of me, because I used to work at the restaurant/pizza joint that was part of the local bowling alley. Yup. Epic fail as a bowler. My dad even bowls in competitions. Freaked out my brother last time we all went bowling, since my first ball, total fluke was a strike. Not after that though, sorta bowling lotto. He was worried I improved. Lol NOPE!
  • ximills
    ximills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Roller Derby. Been playing for 3 seasons and aside from my kid it's most of my life. And yet, on the best of days I am almost mediocre.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    dancing. I am a terrible dancer.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    Singing- it's the great curse of my life that I can carry a tune but my singing voice is mediocre.
    Swimming- I taught myself when I was young and my stroke is sloppy, although I can swim for 40-50 minutes and not feel tired.
    Dancing. Before I croak I want to dance the tango with a smooth, suave Latin-American guy. It's gonna take a lot of lessons.

Swimming!! I am the opposite. I taught myself to swim and was really good and comfortable in the water. Then at age 15 my mom made me take swimming lessons and now I cant really swim well and am teriffied of going under the water. (mainly because I am scared I will get swimmers ear again) I also couldnt hold my breath underwater as long after lessons. Think it is cause I have a slight fear of the water now. Damn mom.

On another note.. I love love love to dance.. Even took three years of dancing in high school as an elective... But I am not very good. My guy on the other hand had ballroom lessons as a kid and really knows how to move. Now if he would just teach me....
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    singing. dancing. playing instruments. lol anything musical i guess. most creative stuff. somehow i'm a good photographer. lol
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Racquet ball - Love it, but really suck at it.

Running - Love it, but have NO form. You should see it and the comments it generates, HILARIOUS!!!

Would love to be able to play the Chello, Violin, Piano and Trumpit. Love percussion instruments, and play them dam good.

Singing - Love it, Live it, Very good at it. Sing on a mens choir periodically. Also have performed in musical stage productions.
  • confab151
    confab151 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    With a name like Guitar Jerry, maybe you can relate. I've been playing bass and guitar for 30 yrs, and I've played 'professionally', but at times, I still think i suck.