Do you re-rack your weights or are you a douche?!!??

Options
124»

Replies

• trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I re-rack my wights AND I am a douche. I don't have to be one or the other. But seriously, this is one of the things I complain about. Douches also sit on weight benches and machines between sets instead of getting up and letting other people work in between their sets. And...they stand in front of the rack in everyone's way while they lift the dumbbells instead of standing a few feet away. I can complain all day about douches.

I always sit on my bench or machine between sets. This is normal gym behavior. Maybe if someone asks to work in, i will let them, provided they are using similar weight or an easily interchangeable exercise. But I will not unrack my weights between sets. First come, first serve. Wait. It's really that simple. I've honestly never heard a person say they expect others to get up off a bench and make it available. No thanks.

I always rack afterwards. Except for the leg press. I leave a plate or two on each side.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    :explode:

I don't belong to a large gym. We have 4 pieces of equipment that can be plated. When I got there this morning, 3 were left loaded.....
  • bostongrl13
    bostongrl13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I always re-rack my weights, and I only get annoyed when I trip over the plates that are left on the floor in the free weight area...that's why weight trees were invented...or are you too exhausted from doing upper body 6 days a week that you can't manage to lift a 25 lb plate 6 inches off the ground?

On another note...share the bench in between sets??? Um, no I got here first...and I'm in my zone.

The beauty of working out at 4 am is that I don't have to learn how to share :devil:
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    im a douche most of the time
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I not only re-rack MY weights but re-rack the weights of douche bags. Once I observed a douche leaving his loaded oly bar abandoned in front of the power rack ..... I followed him and we had a "chat" . He re-racked the weights : )
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    1 st clean them then put them back come on now
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Even if others don't..I always do!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Always re-rack :)
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I prefer that YOU DONT re-rack your weights. That means I have to move 45lb plates up and down, which to me is a workout. More calories BURNED baby!!!!!
    But seriously I like to rerack weight. It builds my strength!
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I re-rack everyone else's weights. Adds volume to my workout

If I am feeling spectacularly douchy, I will re-rack them while people are still using them.

Dude, I just pictured someone re-racking weights while they're in use and almost spit out my water. That's funny right there!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I am not a douche!
  • RGv2
    Options
    Actually, the place I go has gotten so bad I told the management that if they didn't care, I don't care. I use the equipment and put it back exactly as I found it.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I rerack my weights, except for the wuss bars. I am still using the wuss bars for dead-lifts, and while I can do those exercises with those wuss bars and can get them down due to gravity, but I am physically incapable of curling them in order to get them to the top of the pyramid style rack. So I simply ask for an assist.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I don't know why this question is posed as a mutually exclusive option. Are you saying that anyon who reracks their weights cannot possibly be a douche? Why can't someone who is a douche in every other facet of life, rerack their weights?
  • bennjammin
    bennjammin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I enjoy loading and reracking my weights because I consider it part of my workout. We are at the gym to workout, right? An empty bench or area just makes it obvious that it's not being used and saves time. Some people just don't care though and in my opinion it says a lot about a persons character.
  • RGv2
    Options
    I go to a small gym, and I'd say roughly 3-4 days a week, every piece of equipment can be loaded when I get there in the morning. It's a nice range of weight, so it's not mutually exclusive to anyone and shows how many people don't have basic etiquette.