Should women powerlift/ Lift heavy weights?

Options

Replies

• Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    No, your uterus will fall out.

(notsrs)

Good. Then I'm stacking it UP!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I hope y'all are joking. Can't always tell from writing, but if those of you who are saying women shouldn't be allowed or shouldn't choose to are serious then I think this is the wrong community for you to be a part of. This is about motivation and encouragement, not holding people back!

I lift and love to lift. I'm not saying I over exert myself, but I lift a lot more than the girls I usually work out with. I am appalled that anyone would ever try to tell me to do otherwise.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Is your next question going to be if women should be allowed to vote?

No kidding. Next thing you know they're going to want to drive too!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I hope y'all are joking. Can't always tell from writing, but if those of you who are saying women shouldn't be allowed or shouldn't choose to are serious then I think this is the wrong community for you to be a part of. This is about motivation and encouragement, not holding people back!

internet-serious-business.jpg
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I think people should use the right "weather" if they're going to troll.
  • Luvable84v
    Luvable84v Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't like being in the 'mens' free weights part of the gym because of small minded comments like these!

If a women chooses to lift heavy weights, thats her choice and her efforts should not be demeaned by other women or received sexest comments from other men!

So much of what people do is to fall in line with what expected of them. If everyone just excepted everyone the way they were this whole planet would be a better place.

SO PETTY :(
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hm, we should also ban women from having babies & labouring for 24hrs seeing as how pushing & forcing out a 7-9lbs twenty inch long human being is much too dangerous for their delicate slender/weak bodies & are going to injure themselves trying to prove something.
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Is your next question going to be if women should be allowed to vote?

No question about it: No.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't like being in the 'mens' free weights part of the gym because of small minded comments like these!

If a women chooses to lift heavy weights, thats her choice and her efforts should not be demeaned by other women or received sexest comments from other men!

So much of what people do is to fall in line with what expected of them. If everyone just excepted everyone the way they were this whole planet would be a better place.

I hope you realise that here at least the only person who has this opinion is the op. Everyone else is being sarcastic I just can't tell from your post if the men's sexist comment refer to this thread.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

I hope you realise that here at least the only person who has this opinion is the op. Everyone else is being sarcastic I just can't tell from your post if the men's sexist comment refer to this thread.

Im pretty sure there all just kidding
  • Luvable84v
    Luvable84v Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Sorry just in general, I actually come onto the community today to find women who were into heavy lifting as I've just really started to take an interest in it and I'm finding the critism hard. But I come on and I see THIS post :(
  • LouLou_2013
    Options
    Wow 7 pages later...

Ok maybe "allowed" wasn't the right term to use. What I mean't was for safetly is there a certain limit for women when they should stop... biologically can women life like men. I'm not however apologising for my comment :/

And no not a troll.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wow 7 pages later...

Ok maybe "allowed" wasn't the right term to use. What I mean't was for safetly is there a certain limit for women when they should stop... biologically can women life like men. I'm not however apologising for my comment :/

And no not a troll.

No. As long as a woman progresses safely there is no limit. Same as with men.
  • LibraChicGitsRight
    Options
    lifting heavy weights can really sculpt your body if you know what you are doing and have great form.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Sorry just in general, I actually come onto the community today to find women who were into heavy lifting as I've just really started to take an interest in it and I'm finding the critism hard. But I come on and I see THIS post :(

If you read the whole thread I am pretty sure someone linked the group Eat, Train, Progress. You definitely want to check it out. You'll find what you are looking for. There is a ton of support on this site for women lifting. Most simply did not take this thread seriously.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Please please ignore this ops post. There is a large supportive community here for heavy lifters men and women. I've just started myself. We love heavy lifting on MPF :drinker:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    So sad when women don't believe in themselves & think only men can be great in certain things.

It's pathetic that some men are so insecure that they don't like seeing women becoming able to do something men can do. That's like me feeling threatened seeing a guy wearing make up & feeling annoyed at the thought he's going to be prettier than me.

No, please, don't put on make-up... Clearly you're going to injure yourself with your bulky huge caveman hands & poke your eyes out ;)

But in all seriousness, half the women everyone worships for being sexy & having great legs/behind lift weights.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Yes and this one too.

OP - yes there is a point that can be reached where lifting more may not be "safe", however, that applies to both males and females alike. Where the limit depends on the individual. Like someone above said its about progressing safely, not sex.

So no, I don't think there is a certain limit for a women.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Allowed to? I don't think these are Victorian times, the Middle East or 3rd World countries. :/
This discussion has been closed.