Should women powerlift/ Lift heavy weights?

Options

Replies

• LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Totes. Women don't belong in the gym esp the freeweight section. They should be at home raising the kids and doing all the cooking and cleaning. Oh, and have a cold drink ready for me when I get home from work.
    honest to god, i hope your just being sarcastic or something. If no, then stfu. honestly. just stop, tool.

Yeah I think he was joking... calm...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Totes. Women don't belong in the gym esp the freeweight section. They should be at home raising the kids and doing all the cooking and cleaning. Oh, and have a cold drink ready for me when I get home from work.
    honest to god, i hope your just being sarcastic or something. If no, then stfu. honestly. just stop, tool.

OMG, really? The sarcasm in the responses to this thread go over your head?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Where do all these women get such permissive owners? My owner won't even allow me go outside. :angry:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Question: Should women be allowed to understand sarcasm?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Where do all these women get such permissive owners? My owner won't even allow me go outside. :angry:

I'm allowed to walk the dogs alone. I have to have a chaperone for everything else.
  • LouLou_2013
    Options
    Oh dear... ;) get back in the kitchens little ladies...

Obviously thats not what I mean't but ok.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

What, you don't believe it's the womenfolks' jobs to stay at home? We were made to make babies, and that's what we all need to do, until her man says enough. Your sort of freethinking is dangerous, and has no place here. Out, you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure a message board is the right place for you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure a message board is the right place for you.

AGREED. i mean, this isn't a kitchen
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Then please explain what you meant.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Well, fiddle dee dee, you must've befuddled all us women folk!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyp8okxPMJ1qfyux0o1_500.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I hope you told someone! That sort of behavior needs to be reported immediately. Women should stick to lifting the small pink weights.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Is it obvious that that's not what you meant? Evidently not so obvious.

Yes, women should lift heavy. It's great for body composition and resistance training has tons of health benefits. It was recommended for my fibromyalgia as well.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    -1/10
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

Well, I started peeing in his closet! Now he lets me out first thing every morning.... :explode:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym this morning and there were a few women milling around the weight rooms and lifting pretty heavy weights.

I just wondered what people thought of women doing this? Weather they should be allowed to? or encouraged to stop after a certain weight?

I only say this as I think some women try and "prove" they can lift heavy and end up with injuries etc.

Whats your thoughts?

You know whats even worse - my mom told me that lifting heavy gives you wrinkles. Someone should definitely warn those women. Maybe put up a poster of the dangers of ladies lifting.

Oh noes, I'm going to get bulky AND wrinkled??? Guess I'll do my 3+ hours of step aerobics instead. That's allowed, right?

Yeah, I think it was Tracy Anderson who said (or perhaps just repeated) that thing about lifting heavy giving you wrinkles and sagging skin when you get older....and we all know what a fine trainer she is. :sick:

Yeah, but she has this totally awesome website that tells you how to transform your body in over a year's time, and not only does she require you use 3 pound dumbbells, but the picture of them is honestly pink. That *HAS* to be what us little women need, surely? :noway:

http://tracyandersonmethod.com/metamorphosis/metamorphosis-breakdown/?ref=main-menu

I feel "dirty" for looking at that website, lol!

Here's more Tracy pr0n for you, it even includes Gwyneth. haha: http://www.oprah.com/health/Gwyneth-Paltrows-Workout-Routine
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Ain't a thing wrong with it. Women that lift heavy, aren't trying to follow rules of this world. Do you, for you.
  • toomra
    toomra Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Not sure what you expected, this is a fitness site afterall. Did you think people were going to seriously say "No way, women shouldn't lift weights!".

I say good for them to keep pushing themselves. They deserve admiration, not judging on whether they should or should not do it
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Just out of interest, how do you begin to start lifting heavy? or general strength training?
This discussion has been closed.