Should women powerlift/ Lift heavy weights?

Options

Replies

• LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :laugh: i don't play by anyone's rules.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    allowed to? :laugh:

i don't really condone it, but as long as their husband or boyfriend signs the permission slip, i think it's ok. :laugh:

I forged my husband's signature, but I like to live on the edge....it's not for everyone. :wink:
  • erbimages
    erbimages Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I guess its time to get out of the weight room and go ZUMBA. I wish someone told me
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. I don't see how all this heavy lifting is going to help them make me sammiches. There should be some sort of law.

Wouldn't Strength Training go toward helping us to open those Big Jars of Salsa and Mayonnaise and stuff for YourSnacks?
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Allowed to? Have you lost your mind?
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It's definitely dangerous for women to lift heavy weights. I broke a nail once.
    But I like living on the edge.

OMG GIRL!!!! I had no idea! I'm so sorry!

P.S. The only dangerous thing about my lifting is my butt in a tight dress... BAM.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. I don't see how all this heavy lifting is going to help them make me sammiches. There should be some sort of law.

Wouldn't Strength Training go toward helping us to open those Big Jars of Salsa and Mayonnaise and stuff for YourSnacks?

Yes but the men like to open those for us - to show us how strong they are :love:
  • honey_dew
    honey_dew Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes, women should. Everyone should.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    allowed to? :laugh:

i don't really condone it, but as long as their husband or boyfriend signs the permission slip, i think it's ok. :laugh:

I forged my husband's signature, but I like to live on the edge....it's not for everyone. :wink:
    Love this reply.:laugh: :happy: :drinker:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LMAO! Good one!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    dHpQc_zps78eb051a.gif
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym this morning and there were a few women milling around the weight rooms and lifting pretty heavy weights.

I just wondered what people thought of women doing this? Weather they should be allowed to? or encouraged to stop after a certain weight?

I only say this as I think some women try and "prove" they can lift heavy and end up with injuries etc.

Whats your thoughts?

You know whats even worse - my mom told me that lifting heavy gives you wrinkles. Someone should definitely warn those women. Maybe put up a poster of the dangers of ladies lifting.

Oh noes, I'm going to get bulky AND wrinkled??? Guess I'll do my 3+ hours of step aerobics instead. That's allowed, right?

Totally. Just watch the weights you use, pink dumbells only.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Yes but the men like to open those for us - to show us how strong they are :love:

And it's good to stroke their...um...egos every now and then. Yeah. Their egos. :wink: :laugh:
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    dHpQc_zps78eb051a.gif

haaha <3 I second this sentiment!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

This is the correct answer but please wait until I tell you it's okay to speak next time
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym this morning and there were a few women milling around the weight rooms and lifting pretty heavy weights.

I just wondered what people thought of women doing this? Weather they should be allowed to? or encouraged to stop after a certain weight?

I only say this as I think some women try and "prove" they can lift heavy and end up with injuries etc.

Whats your thoughts?

You know whats even worse - my mom told me that lifting heavy gives you wrinkles. Someone should definitely warn those women. Maybe put up a poster of the dangers of ladies lifting.

Oh noes, I'm going to get bulky AND wrinkled??? Guess I'll do my 3+ hours of step aerobics instead. That's allowed, right?

Yeah, I think it was Tracy Anderson who said (or perhaps just repeated) that thing about lifting heavy giving you wrinkles and sagging skin when you get older....and we all know what a fine trainer she is. :sick:
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    In answer to your question... yes lol
  • kalieah
    kalieah Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Totes. Women don't belong in the gym esp the freeweight section. They should be at home raising the kids and doing all the cooking and cleaning. Oh, and have a cold drink ready for me when I get home from work.
    honest to god, i hope your just being sarcastic or something. If no, then stfu. honestly. just stop, tool.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

This is the correct answer but please wait until I tell you it's okay to speak next time

TbhRLe2.gif
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Whats your thoughts?

Yeah, I think it was Tracy Anderson who said (or perhaps just repeated) that thing about lifting heavy giving you wrinkles and sagging skin when you get older....and we all know what a fine trainer she is. :sick:

Yeah, but she has this totally awesome website that tells you how to transform your body in over a year's time, and not only does she require you use 3 pound dumbbells, but the picture of them is honestly pink. That *HAS* to be what us little women need, surely? :noway:

http://tracyandersonmethod.com/metamorphosis/metamorphosis-breakdown/?ref=main-menu

I feel "dirty" for looking at that website, lol!
This discussion has been closed.