Should women powerlift/ Lift heavy weights?

Options

Replies

• laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    definitely troll.....
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I lift weights...but PLEASE don't anybody tell my husband. Last time I defied him he locked the refrigerator and put alarms on all the doors and windows so I would stay at home.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym this morning and there were a few women milling around the weight rooms and lifting pretty heavy weights.

I just wondered what people thought of women doing this? Weather they should be allowed to? or encouraged to stop after a certain weight?

I only say this as I think some women try and "prove" they can lift heavy and end up with injuries etc.

Whats your thoughts?

Oh! What are my thoughts?

I don't have any. I'm too pretty for thoughts.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym this morning and there were a few women milling around the weight rooms and lifting pretty heavy weights.

I just wondered what people thought of women doing this? Weather they should be allowed to? or encouraged to stop after a certain weight?

I only say this as I think some women try and "prove" they can lift heavy and end up with injuries etc.

Whats your thoughts?
    Sorry: allowed to?????
  • erbimages
    erbimages Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    allowed to? :laugh:

i don't really condone it, but as long as their husband or boyfriend signs the permission slip, i think it's ok. :laugh:

Hhahah yeah, I recently got my permission slip signed by my husband and can now deadlift almost twice as much as I weigh :drinker:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you say they were "milling about". so maybe they were just lifting the heavy things so it would be easier to sweep and mop the floors? i mean, floors ain't gonna clean themselves, amirite?

and cleaning floors certainly isn't a man's work.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights? Who let them out of the kitchen?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Sorry but this seems more like the sort of thing a guy would do.

I don't, from what I saw men were just getting on with it. The women looked like they were just pushing to hard.

So the men are just screwing around in the weight room while the women you see are trying to improve their fitness.

Gotcha.

Gyms are for socializing and showing off testosterone levels by pumping biceps over their chicken legs. We need to totally kick out all those people trying to lose body fat and get stronger by pushing themselves...
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    As long as my uterus doesn't fall out, I'll keep lifting :laugh:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Lol, allowed to! Ha! This is funny.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone but myself. If I had known that lifting heavy weights would change my body so drastically, I would have done it years ago. I'm no where near my goal weight but I'm fitting into clothes I wore when I was 15 lbs lighter. I have a physical job (nurse) and the strength I have gained has helped me and my patients tremendously.

I can squat 120 lbs *kitten* to the grass and I haven't injured myself nor am I trying to impress. I like it. My body is looking good and it makes me feel good. I pay for my gym membership and am an adult so I don't need permission to lift weights.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Whats your thoughts?

You know whats even worse - my mom told me that lifting heavy gives you wrinkles. Someone should definitely warn those women. Maybe put up a poster of the dangers of ladies lifting.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

Seriously brah...

www.facebook.com/baby2bikini

I squat 185.. and DL 275 x 2.

Haven't broken in half just yet, but I'll let you know when I do.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this :sad:

My BF made me stop at a certain number :laugh:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    It's definitely dangerous for women to lift heavy weights. I broke a nail once.
    But I like living on the edge.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Whats your thoughts?

You know whats even worse - my mom told me that lifting heavy gives you wrinkles. Someone should definitely warn those women. Maybe put up a poster of the dangers of ladies lifting.

Oh noes, I'm going to get bulky AND wrinkled??? Guess I'll do my 3+ hours of step aerobics instead. That's allowed, right?
  • Django1977
    Options
    Hahahaha....

Woman could and should lift as heavy weights as man do... Why not.. We are all human...

I know minimum 2 woman who beat me at benchpress and squats. Hahaha
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I know this has been said already but "ALLOWED TO???" Really???

Since I am a big girl and can do things without my husbands permission, I DO lift very heavy weights...and I have a SMALL tone body that my husband adores because of it.

I don't know what gym you go to, but your statement about injuries...have you never watched a man lift to much weight and injure himself? it's the nature of the beast...you would like to think that people are smart enough to listen to their bodies..sometimes they don't, sometimes they get injured, and really...WHY DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU??
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    OP you are living in the dark ages LOL
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    tend your own garden not that of your neighbor
This discussion has been closed.