Losing Weight At McDonalds

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    And yet they looked the same. Wow, that is a truly amazing story. What did it taste like when they ate it? I mean, if it's unchanged after a year surely they didn't waste a perfectly good burger.

It seems you're more interested in inflammatory statements than you are in reality or science. That's too bad.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    And yet they looked the same. Wow, that is a truly amazing story. What did it taste like when they ate it? I mean, if it's unchanged after a year surely they didn't waste a perfectly good burger.

It seems you're more interested in inflammatory statements than you are in reality or science. That's too bad.

I'm more interested in nonsense. Nonsense is silly. I like silly.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I eat an Egg McMuffin every weekday. I don't understand how an egg, a slice of cheese, a slice of Canadian bacon, an English muffin, and some margarine is any different from McD's than if I fried an egg, threw on a Kraft single, a slice of Canadian bacon or ham, and put it on an English muffin with some butter or margarine at home. Oh yeah, 2 minutes in the drive thru vs. 10 minutes of cooking and dishes to clean. For the record, I like salt on eggs and I use salted butter, so I'd probably have more sodium if I made it at home. I like salt.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I eat an Egg McMuffin every weekday. I don't understand how an egg, a slice of cheese, a slice of Canadian bacon, an English muffin, and some margarine is any different from McD's than if I fried an egg, threw on a Kraft single, a slice of Canadian bacon or ham, and put it on an English muffin with some butter or margarine at home. Oh yeah, 2 minutes in the drive thru vs. 10 minutes of cooking and dishes to clean. For the record, I like salt on eggs and I use salted butter, so I'd probably have more sodium if I made it at home. I like salt.

I said the same thing a week or two ago. I got all sorts of funny answers. That they don't use eggs, they use some sort of processed egg product (they were mysteriously silent when I linked to the video showing guys cracking fresh eggs at McDonald's), that the ham was filled with some kind of poison, that the cheese isn't cheese, etc. It's kinda crazy.

If I made a sandwich at home the exact same way they make the sandwich at McD's, it would be acceptable to these people. However, coming in a McDonald's wrapper means it's not food, it's unhealthy, it'll kill you, etc.
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would eat McDonald's every day if I could. Do they put something in it though that makes you want more? I can eat super sized meals with a side of chicken nuggets and still want more. It never fills me up.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

I said the same thing a week or two ago. I got all sorts of funny answers. That they don't use eggs, they use some sort of processed egg product (they were mysteriously silent when I linked to the video showing guys cracking fresh eggs at McDonald's), that the ham was filled with some kind of poison, that the cheese isn't cheese, etc. It's kinda crazy.

If I made a sandwich at home the exact same way they make the sandwich at McD's, it would be acceptable to these people. However, coming in a McDonald's wrapper means it's not food, it's unhealthy, it'll kill you, etc.

I don't see anything wrong with an Egg McMuffin... but if I my preference is to "go organic" then anything that comes in a wrapper wouldn't suit. Also, with making it at home, you can go glutten-free. :)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    2 McDoubles
    1 Diet Coke

780 cals, 46 grams protein, $ 3.58

Really was pissed when they took out the second slice of cheese on these and changed the name.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    2 McDoubles
    1 Diet Coke

780 cals, 46 grams protein, $ 3.58

Really was pissed when they took out the second slice of cheese on these and changed the name.

They still make the Double Cheeseburger with two slices of cheese.

The McDouble is a new product meant for the dollar menu. The double cheeseburger is like $1.29 or something now, depending on location.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Processed meats like ham are filled with some kind of poison. Well, maybe not poison, but something that increases your risk of disease more than most other foods. And processed cheese slices contain added oil, and so may not be considered "real" cheese to many.

But that holds true for McD or home.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    McDonalds is possibly the worst food. I don't even call it food. I havent eaten there in YEARS.
  • ncl1313
    Options

I remember. In fact, I think that conversation is what made me send you a friend request in the first place. And you know what? I'm fat. Really fat, actually. And McDonalds had something to do with it, not because it's McDonalds, but because I was overeating at McDonalds. And Taco Bell. And Subway. And at home. While I wouldn't consider myself a die hard IIFYMer, there is a lot of truth to that method for me. Reducing and monitoring portion sizes has been much more beneficial (and will be in the long term) than cutting out all the foods I enjoy. I make way better choices now than I did 8 weeks ago. But I'll never be a raw veggie person.
  • jonnythan
    Options

I remember. In fact, I think that conversation is what made me send you a friend request in the first place. And you know what? I'm fat. Really fat, actually. And McDonalds had something to do with it, not because it's McDonalds, but because I was overeating at McDonalds. And Taco Bell. And Subway. And at home. While I wouldn't consider myself a die hard IIFYMer, there is a lot of truth to that method for me. Reducing and monitoring portion sizes has been much more beneficial (and will be in the long term) than cutting out all the foods I enjoy. I make way better choices now than I did 8 weeks ago. But I'll never be a raw veggie person.

I got fat by eating too much, period.

I eat more fast food now than I did before I first start losing weight.
  • ncl1313
    Options
    I got fat by eating too much, period.

Preach.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    This thread made me want to have a Burger King for lunch. Twas delicious!

True story.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

I like the way you roll!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    5 Dollars, 495 Calories, 30 Protein, 13 Fat, 65 Carb

Don't even try to hate on that.

Versus a nice protein shake with semi skimmed milk
    around 3 dollars, 200 kcal, 27g protein, 7g fat :laugh: :drinker:
  • fatolelatdy
    fatolelatdy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When you order your breakfast at a restaurant, be aware that an omelet or scrambled eggs may not be from real cracked eggs, but rather from premixed frozen egg content in a carton. Although whole eggs are almost always listed on the ingredient list, so is water, salt, citric acid (a preservative), and even nisin preparation (a controversial preservative). <~~~ interesting
  • ncl1313
    Options
    When you order your breakfast at a restaurant, be aware that an omelet or scrambled eggs may not be from real cracked eggs, but rather from premixed frozen egg content in a carton. Although whole eggs are almost always listed on the ingredient list, so is water, salt, citric acid (a preservative), and even nisin preparation (a controversial preservative). <~~~ interesting

A. The McMuffin has a cracked egg. Or else they are magicians, because my egg always has a yolk separate from the white with doneness that varies from day to day. I can't speak to other restaurants' egg products.
    B. Citric acid? Like the stuff from citrus fruits? So eating processed egg product is like eating an orange?!? SWEET!!! (I feel that I should specify I'm being sarcastic here, but really? Citric acid? Soooo many worse things out there to consume. Like pink slime* or something)

Seriously, we get it. You (not you specifically, but "you" fast food dislikers) don't eat fast food because it's "crap". I (and others) will still argue that not everything on a fast food menu is "crap" and that most food is at least a little bit processed. Cheese doesn't just come out of the cow or goat or sheep that way. Can't we all just agree to disagree and just get along?! For the children?!?

*note: I don't personally have a problem with lean finely textured beef or boneless lean beef trimmings.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    This thread made me want to have a Burger King for lunch. Twas delicious!

True story.
    Made me hungry too ... and I'm low-carb which makes eating fast-food difficult... but none-the-less I went out with my youngest (he's 16 - school break) and he wanted a donair ... we went to the local donair shop.

My son got a regular donair, I got an "extreme" with both beef and chicken donair meat... easily 50-55g of protein in it... (The pita was like 12" in diameter)... we got it to go...

Took it home, unwrapped it from the pita and threw it in a bowl. The dog quite enjoyed the pita, and "voila!" I saved 60g of carbohydrate. I call it "donair salad". Tasty, tasty.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Versus a nice protein shake with semi skimmed milk
    around 3 dollars, 200 kcal, 27g protein, 7g fat :laugh: :drinker:
    Ugh. Way too low on fat for some of us. I like to stick to around 40-45g of fat per meal.