Black Team Week 17!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yummy.... dark chocolate peanut butter and marshmallow creme spread on a graham cracker.... satisfies the sweet tooth.

Not real bad on the calories.... I have my dinner all planned, and still under 1200 before exercise.

Good water day, too.... go figure.

Dear Marla,

Please stop referring to the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter you have recently purchased. Your friend in South Florida is finding it very hard to resist looking for said DCPB in the grocery store.

Sincerely,

Your Friend Jeannie

i saw that at walmart the other day! they even had little sample sized packets of it for like 88 cents. i was soo tempted to get one but i didn't. maybe next time :wink:

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept it to 2 tablespoons-- but, yowsa-- dangerous stuff.

Told my daughters to feel free to eat it all up--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Finally I took my all finished with deck pictures. Presenting- The Last Two Months of My Life (commercial free of course)

DSC_0512.jpg?t=1272489435

DSC_0519.jpg?t=1272489483

DSC_0504.jpg?t=1272489565

And lastly, my little piece of heaven in my paradise.....
    DSC_0509.jpg?t=1272489626
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Yummy.... dark chocolate peanut butter and marshmallow creme spread on a graham cracker.... satisfies the sweet tooth.

Not real bad on the calories.... I have my dinner all planned, and still under 1200 before exercise.

Good water day, too.... go figure.

Oh Em Gee...I used to love fluffernutters with regular PB, I can't even imagine how good it must be w/the Dark Choc Dreams. Guess what I'm getting when I run out of Nutella????

And, I have continued eating bananas...but they must have some PB (or Nutella). Kills the banana taste.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Finally I took my all finished with deck pictures. Presenting- The Last Two Months of My Life (commercial free of course)

So, um...when do we get to come visit?
    You guys did an awesome job!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Wow, Lori, it all looks so wonderful. You own little piece of heaven.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    W8D2 is in the books. Still had problems with my legs but not as bad. Warmed them before I left and have iced them down since getting back. Tomorrow will be a true dream day, not planning on doing any walking or running to rest them up. Awww Calgon take me away !
  • Marla64
    Options
    Take care of that leg, Bobbi-- way to go on the run-- that is so freaking cool!!!!!!!

Lori-- it looks absolutely gorgeous! Wow-- just wow!!

Enjoy!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yes Bobbi, our own piece of heaven. Hubs says he's really glad I like it because we can't afford to GO anywhere now. I call it my paradise.

The black team is welcome anytime! Marla, my house is only but so big, but we have a tent. :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yes Bobbi, our own piece of heaven. Hubs says he's really glad I like it because we can't afford to GO anywhere now. I call it my paradise.

The black team is welcome anytime! Marla, my house is only but so big, but we have a tent. :wink:

:love: That is fantastic, Lori! Looks so professional........you should submit it to one of those magazines......just wonderful!!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options

:love: That is fantastic, Lori! Looks so professional........you should submit it to one of those magazines......just wonderful!!

It's what happens when two anal, obsessive, Type A personalities tackle a project together. :ohwell: I do love it and all those hours- ALL. THOSE. HOURS- they were worth it.

Now it's done, I need to hem a dress...... :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options

It's what happens when two anal, obsessive, Type A personalities tackle a project together. :ohwell: I do love it and all those hours- ALL. THOSE. HOURS- they were worth it.

Now it's done, I need to hem a dress...... :bigsmile:

One of these days I'll tell you what happens when a Type A- and a Type B+ personality try to tackle a project together-- he likes to think he's Type A-- but never finishes anything, and can't get himself motivated to do it-- I like to think I'm Type B, but it drives me crazy that I have no control over the outcome-- :ohwell:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Ahhhhhh... looks fantastic Lori.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

Ahhhhhh... looks fantastic Lori.

Let's see how many pages we can get out of quoting this! Lori - it is breathless! Seriously, I know where my vacation with be!!! Does it have an outlet to plug your sewing machine in so you can hem that dress or will you sew by hand :bigsmile: :bigsmile: ?
  • 72lori
    Options

Let's see how many pages we can get out of quoting this! Lori - it is breathless! Seriously, I know where my vacation with be!!! Does it have an outlet to plug your sewing machine in so you can hem that dress or will you sew by hand :bigsmile: :bigsmile: ?

There is an outlet out there to plug in the machine! I would be afraid I'd get it all funky or dirty though. :ohwell: Tomorrow. Dress HAS to get hemmed tomorrow. Truly, it does.

Thanks you guys for all the wonderful comments on the deck. You all know the time and hours that went into that thing. I still look out my window every morning and am in awe at how awesome it turned out. I'm proud of us. We did pretty good.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey gang--

Busy day today-- cooked a nice chicken dinner for the family-- did my strength training with Aaron downstairs and had a 3 mile run with my walking Chatty Cathy doll-- aka my husband--

Seriously-- he got pissy with me tonight, but I'd finally had it-- he HAS to coach-- "you need to pick up your knees-- land your feet softly-- "

Folks-- we didn't leave for the run until after 10pm-- I won't go through my litany of things going on in my life or my day-- bottom line, the fact that I'm freaking out there tonight is amazing-- last thing I need to hear is ANYTHING as I'm trying to cross the finish line. I'm truly not one of those people who need that type of encouragement. I'll finish fine. You're not motivating me. You're pissing me off. Shut the hell up.

Can't imagine why he got an attitude when I told him basically that-- "I'm trying to finish my run. I'd like to enjoy it. Shut the hell up." Go figure--

Oh well-- off to work-- good day eating-- good water-- good exercise-- told my husband to shut up-- ha-- A+ kinda day. :wink:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

I inadvertently have the day off today - both of the little ones that I look after are ill so I have taken Christopher to nursery and done some food shopping, and am now browsing the internet and watching some tv with no other noises - bliss.

I have managed to do an hours walking today, and will go on the bike later so lets hoping some weight shifts :huh:

Lori - your garden looks amazing. Congratulations, now go and hem that dress :laugh: :laugh:

Marla - well done on your run last night, and I agree your hubs should be coaching - can't you hire him out as a personal trainer??

To everyone else hello - and try not to fixate on the dark chocolate whatever it is :laugh: , makes me kind of glad I'm in the UK - I don't have to worry about looking for it when I go shopping :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Tanya-- well, actually, I guess my complaint didn't translate well. When I said, "he HAS to coach," I meant that he can't help himself. It's compulsive in him. He can't leave his family alone, he always HAS to coach them, tell them how to do something better or different.

Don't get me wrong-- he's a smart dude and means well, I just don't always want to be coached. When I'm running specifically, I want to be left alone. I'm in my zone, hon, bug off. And he knows all this, but like I said-- he can't help it. He doesn't care that I don't want his coaching, he H-A-S to do it-- something inside him would burst if he didn't.

Blessings to my UK friend--

Later, team-- off to type.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hello! On lunch break........went for a 40 minute walk, cleaned the house.........I need to work. I have already worked 40+ hours this week and it is Thursday!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Great challenge this week. I can handle this one with no problem.

Having some time off really put a cramp my C25K running but I did manage to get one run in while I was off. Will do W7 D1 today, then rest tomorrow since our 8K is Saturday. I must have lost my mind. I'm getting nervous. Can't imagine the emotions while getting ready to run a half-marathon, a marathon or a triathlon.

Lori - the deck, etc looks great. Congratulations!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Great challenge this week. I can handle this one with no problem.

Having some time off really put a cramp my C25K running but I did manage to get one run in while I was off. Will do W7 D1 today, then rest tomorrow since our 8K is Saturday. I must have lost my mind. I'm getting nervous. Can't imagine the emotions while getting ready to run a half-marathon, a marathon or a triathlon.

Lori - the deck, etc looks great. Congratulations!

Have a great day everyone!

Kati-- you'll do fine-- slow and steady, my friend-- no worries!!