Black Team Week 17!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    uh-oh-- then again-- maybe we haven't quite dodged the bullet, yet--

Her sugar's not coming down and she just vomited-- diabetic ketoacidosis-- not good.

Just gave her another shot-- if she doesn't come down, we'll be taking her into the emergency room.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

Her sugar's not coming down and she just vomited-- diabetic ketoacidosis-- not good.

Just gave her another shot-- if she doesn't come down, we'll be taking her into the emergency room.

Marla-she is in my thoughts and prayers..

Shauntae- Great time, glad you had a blast.You never think about a potty break..

I am still not feeling well..its been 26 hour or so I havent eaten anything...I have had a few sips of gatorade and almostt 2 cupsof hot tea..thats it and everytime I fall asleep my mom calls...

Its still raining here..they called davidson county a state of emergency,,,,we live one county underneath it, in rutherford county..Well gonna try to go back to sleep...If it will stop thundering and lightening and raining long enough for me to get there!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My anniversary is this month, though not this week. Jim and I will celebrate our 29th on 5-23-10.

Wow........when did you get married> When you were 15??? :wink:

I :heart: Jeannie !
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Marla- I pray that it comes back down for her.

Shuntae _ Wow, you are the WOMAN ! Congrats !
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Marla and Tamara - you are both in my thoughts, xx

Shuntae - way to go, well done

Lori - you look sensational, and the picture isn't that bad. My children like taking them of me when I am asleep - lovely!!

I have managed to do 65 minutes on the bike today in 2 sessions, and am throughly enjoying it. I ride that bike harder when I am reading a book (my sis lent me twilight, and it is adictive) than when I listen to music. I have tried to eat right, my downfall at the moment are (vodka, lime, sodas - about 60 calories a glass), need to stop with the drinking!

I have one birthday in may, my eldest son, who is my honeymoon baby (he was 1 week conceived on my wedding day!!), what doesn't help with the math is that he was 4 weeks early :laugh: . Otherwise my anniversay is 28th Sept and we have a sampler at the top of the stairs along with a framed wedding picture to remind Rob of our anniversary everytime he walks down the stairs - although this doesn't help much when he's out of the country. Had some good news today, he will be home 2 weeks earlier than expected, and my in-laws will babysit for a whole night, so we can go away together :smooched:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Shuntae - Congratulations! What an inspiration!

Lori - You both look great!

Marla - Hope all is well with DD.

Tamara - Take care of yourself and be safe!

Bobbi - Congrats on finishing week 8!

To everyone have a b-day and/or anniversary this week/month - Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

Yesterday was our 8K. I decided to run with the gal from work and not try to run faster than her. We finished in an hour and walked for less than 1/4 mile of the 5. I could be a tad disappointed with my time but it won't do any good. My goal was to finish and that's just what I did!

Take care team!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Sending one up now...hoping it comes back down, and soon. :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options

I have one birthday in may, my eldest son, who is my honeymoon baby (he was 1 week conceived on my wedding day!!), what doesn't help with the math is that he was 4 weeks early :laugh: .

Hmmmm-- me thinks she doth explain too much-- :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options

To everyone have a b-day and/or anniversary this week/month - Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

Yesterday was our 8K. I decided to run with the gal from work and not try to run faster than her. We finished in an hour and walked for less than 1/4 mile of the 5. I could be a tad disappointed with my time but it won't do any good. My goal was to finish and that's just what I did!

Take care team!

Kati-- correct me if I'm wrong-- this was your first "official" run...yes? And you're going to tell me you're disappointed?

Somebody hold her while I hit her--

Woman-- I am so proud I could spit! You stop that right now and accentuate your positive-- your running last week was disrupted by great sadness. You COULD have used that as an excuse to stay home today-- but you didn't. Don't make me come out there, Missy-- you be proud of yourself, and I mean right now!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Take care team!

Kati-- correct me if I'm wrong-- this was your first "official" run...yes? And you're going to tell me you're disappointed?

Woman-- I am so proud I could spit! You stop that right now and accentuate your positive-- your running last week was disrupted by great sadness. You COULD have used that as an excuse to stay home today-- but you didn't. Don't make me come out there, Missy-- you be proud of yourself, and I mean right now!!!

000205B7.gif
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I have one birthday in may, my eldest son, who is my honeymoon baby (he was 1 week conceived on my wedding day!!), what doesn't help with the math is that he was 4 weeks early :laugh: .

Hmmmm-- me thinks she doth explain too much-- :wink:

When you ask how long I have been married the answer depends on how well I know you!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Everyone-- thanks for the thoughts and prayers for Rebekah-- she is indeed better. I had to give her another large shot which seemed to do the trick.

Five second lesson on diabetes-- our pancreas produces insulin. Insulin is the key that unlocks our cells so that sugar can get in to be burned by our bodies for fuel. (sugar not defined as necessarily table sugar and the like, but carbohydrates that break down into sugar in our bodies)

Type one (juvenile) diabetics can not produce their own insulin. Their immune system misidentified their insulin producing cells as invaders, and destroyed them. Pancreas stops producing insulin. Sugar cannot get into cells for fuel, and winds up instead in the blood and urine, et cetera, causing a bevy of health woes, and the individual needs to take synthetic insulin-- shots, insulin pumps, et cetera to survive.

"Diabetic Ketoacidosis," (DKA) occurs when the body is not getting enough insulin to unlock the cells to burn the sugar as fuel. Without sugar to burn, the cells then turn to fat and protein in the body-- the byproducts of which are toxic, and end up in the blood. It can be a fatal condition.

We learned that the hard way in February of '08-- nearly lost her-- 2 days in Pediatric Intensive Care-- not fun.

However-- this bullet, we did successfully dodge-- lessons learned the last time guided us today-- and for that, we praise God-- and thank Him for his mercy-- and for the love and prayers of my wonderful friends--

Heading to make macaroni salad-- later, cats.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Gonna attempttogoto work everyone...Hope everyone has a great day...the floods allaround us are insane..if you have a minute go to newschannel5.com and look at some picture..last confermed death toll was at 9..Have a great day everyone!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Tamara-- take it easy today, my friend-- so glad you're safe from the flooding. Be careful!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends!

Shuntae and Kati- great job on your races

Marla- glad your DD is on the mend

Tamara- you were just sick, why in goodness sakes are you going to the gym? Take care of yourself! Stay safe from the flooding too.

Donna, Jeannie, Roni, Tanya, Andrew, Beth, Bobbi, Beansy, Lori, Jan, Sam, Richie and all the other Black Teammates- Hey!

I have nothing to do today. Well, I mean sure I have to do dishes and laundry and that sort of stuff, but nothing I have to do. I don't need to go anywhere. I don't have any project to work on. It's icky outside. I hit the gym even though I wanted to stay in bed. I walked an hour and talked to a friend. That's the best I had in my today. Now I'm gonna.......?????? Heck, I have no idea! I could just sit here and be perfectly happy.

I know you all were waiting to see it and since the only picture of me in my dress showing my feet was hideous, here you go, the hem you have been dying to gawk at. :tongue:

DSC_0553-1.jpg?t=1272899099

Edit to add: The hem was fine. Before I even left the house I stepped on my dress going up a step and all but put a hole in that darn thin outter layer! It was pulled and thin, but it didn't totally break through. Whew! Can't dress me up and take me anywhere. I'm so much more in my element in workout clothes and sneakers.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options

Take care team!

Oops....didn't intend for it to sound that way. There would have been a day/time that I would have been disappointed. With that being said, it's taken me a long time to be okay with me. With how I look, how far/fast I run, etc. Could I have run faster? Maybe. Probably. Did I finish? Yes. Regardless of how fast I ran? Yes. I know that is what is important. Who cares that I was 144 out of 144 that they timed? I wasn't dead last because they stopped timing at an hour. And, I'm not dead so there are positives oozing out everywhere! Yay me! Go me!

I also forgot to mention that hubs and the kiddos were waiting for me at the finish line! It felt wonderful to have them there.

I ran 3 timed 5Ks and 1 un-timed 5K last spring/summer. This was my first 8K and my first run of the year. This is the first time that I've had someone waiting at the finish line for me.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options

Oops....didn't intend for it to sound that way. There would have been a day/time that I would have been disappointed. With that being said, it's taken me a long time to be okay with me. With how I look, how far/fast I run, etc. Could I have run faster? Maybe. Probably. Did I finish? Yes. Regardless of how fast I ran? Yes. I know that is what is important. Who cares that I was 144 out of 144 that they timed? I wasn't dead last because they stopped timing at an hour. And, I'm not dead so there are positives oozing out everywhere! Yay me! Go me!

I also forgot to mention that hubs and the kiddos were waiting for me at the finish line! It felt wonderful to have them there.

I ran 3 timed 5Ks and 1 un-timed 5K last spring/summer. This was my first 8K and my first run of the year. This is the first time that I've had someone waiting at the finish line for me.

Sometimes learning to be proud of what we do is hard, but you have a lot to be proud of! An hour is not a shabby time. At all. I have never sucked it up and gone and officially ran any timed race, partly because I don't want to go through the I could have/ I should have/ I wish I would haves and beat myself up afterward. Silly.

I see other people post on Facebook their 5K, 10K, Half times and I know I could never do that well. In the long run, it shouldn't matter. We should be out there for ourselves, not to beat somebody else.

The fact of the matter for me. I never was a runner. EVER. I should be thrilled I can do it now, not worried that I'll be ashamed of my time. I like to run a 12 minute mile, 5 miles an hour pace, it's comfortable for me. So I would have been crossing the finish line at the hour point right there with you girl!

I did hear on the radio today they are doing the gate to gate run Memorial Day on base. I think it's a 4.4 mile run. I should do it, huh?
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Lori - I would say yes go for the gate to gae run.

Kati - I am so amazed that most of the ladies on this thread 'run', and to do it timed for me is amazing. The last time I ran (apart from chasing the boys) was at school in either the cross country or the 1500m - I hated running with a passion, always visualised myself as running but not going anywhere!

Marla - I hope that your daughter (Rebeka) is recovering well, and that your room isn't too warm today

Tamara - sorry I know nothing about the flooding (our news channels are too interested in the general election this thursday), but please look after yourself and your family and please be careful (especially as you are recovering from a bug)

To everyone else, I hope that your weekend and monday were good. We have had a bank holiday weekend, and am feeling a little frazzled today. The boys are back at school tomorrow, but the 3 little ones are off on thursday as their schools are used as polling stations! Tried to eat well today and exercise, but saying that I am going back on my bike. Have a good one people, xx
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Double post - sorry
  • Marla64
    Options

Sometimes learning to be proud of what we do is hard, but you have a lot to be proud of! An hour is not a shabby time. At all. I have never sucked it up and gone and officially ran any timed race, partly because I don't want to go through the I could have/ I should have/ I wish I would haves and beat myself up afterward. Silly.

I see other people post on Facebook their 5K, 10K, Half times and I know I could never do that well. In the long run, it shouldn't matter. We should be out there for ourselves, not to beat somebody else.

The fact of the matter for me. I never was a runner. EVER. I should be thrilled I can do it now, not worried that I'll be ashamed of my time. I like to run a 12 minute mile, 5 miles an hour pace, it's comfortable for me. So I would have been crossing the finish line at the hour point right there with you girl!

I did hear on the radio today they are doing the gate to gate run Memorial Day on base. I think it's a 4.4 mile run. I should do it, huh?

Ooooooh-- yeah! Do it!

Hubs told me "go ahead, sign up for the half," then follows it by telling me I'm nuts and won't have the time to train. I really want to do it, but unless he's behind me-- well, let's just say, the road could be bumpy-- we'll see--

Have a great day everyone--