Log the food before you eat it?

Options
124»

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i pre log to calculate my calorie totals, and then when i actually eat , i change down/up the actual amount consumed
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    i pre log to calculate my calorie totals, and then when i actually eat , i change down/up the actual amount consumed

That's pretty much what I do, when I know what I'm having for the day. It's lunch that varies because of work and varying lunch breaks.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything before I eat it, that way I can see the impact and make better choices. Sometimes I decide to eat the extra 400 calories, but more often than not I decide to make a healthier choice.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I log all of my food the night before in the next day's diary ie: tonight I will put everything I plan to eat tomorrow in Wednesdays diary - then I just make any changes and cut and paste my meals over as I eat them and then delete everything out from Wednesday when I am done. Sounds confusing but I am a creature of habit and watch my macros closely, so it takes a lot of guesswork and time out of the equation for me.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    As long as you adjust when you veer off course this is cool. NO flubbing!
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I usually log after, but I can see how planning ahead leaves an idea for how much "wiggle" room you have. I might try it somedays : )
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Yep I find it a lot easier to log the night before! It's pretty easy to change it aswell if you change your mind and fancy something different than what you put in last night! And yeah it gives me an idea of what I can and can't eat that day I find it so useful!
  • hatkinson87
    hatkinson87 Posts: 42
    Options
    I try to log everything first thing in the morning. If I don't do that, I'll end up splurging too much and then regretting it at the end of the night. Plus, it's easier for me to scan all my bar codes for my lunch at home before I go to work. A perfect example of me eating first then logging was my frapp from Starbucks yesterday. I went with my mom to celebrate Mother's Day and take advantage of their last day of 1/2 priced frapps. I order a frapp that had 500 plus cals in it! Ugh...I had to skimp for dinner because of it. Logging before eating is always the best way to do it! :)
  • nursebunny5
    nursebunny5 Posts: 14
    Options
    hi!! welcome to MFP!! i try to pre-log my food and sometimes my exercise. doing the food keeps me on track and helps me NOT eat something else. i pre-log my exercise to kind of "force" myself to go do it.

good luck on your journey!!!
  • SmarteBlond
    Options
    I just started a week ago but I like to log in the food and see how what it comes out to ahead of time so I kind of know how much room I have, opposed to doing it after eating as I did the first couple of days. I find that I actually eat less that way.