Has the whole world been brainwashed?

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Bad food will kill us.

Except for Twinkies. Which will mummify us internally to be displayed at museums thousands of years from now.

So maybe that'll kill us, too. But in a pretty awesome way.
  • gabbyguru
    Options
    I agree...we are all going to die of something even if it is just old age. However, I don't want to live my life deprived of things that I enjoy. As long as it fits in my calorie goal I am fine with eating it. Just like I told my kids...if you ever put me in a nursing home don't you dare let them give me pureed foods and thickened liquids. They asked but mom, what if you choke on real food? My answer? Then give me a cookie and let me die happy!!!!!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm eating mini cheesecake bites and pasta while reading this.

6N2Fa_zps54c8d334.gif
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Cause it tastes so damn good ...I joke...I have no real answer

You may be closer to the truth than you might think. I have often felt that if a person's sense of taste and smell could be eliminated, they would only eat when hungry...and thus never overeat. Personally, I know for a fact that I have continued to stuff my face LONG AFTER I was full.:smile:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    This positively wears me out. Those actually living in the paleo. era did not live very long. Why it should upset you so much I do not know. Eat the way you want to and don't worry about those of us who choose to lose a different way. If it works for you, I say go for it. Me, I choose moderation as was said before.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

You may be closer to the truth than you might think. I have often felt that if a person's sense of taste and smell could be eliminated, they would only eat when hungry...and thus never overeat. Personally, I know for a fact that I have continued to stuff my face LONG AFTER I was full.:smile:

You say that like it would be a good thing. Sounds terrible to me.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    It's not rocket science is it. All this unnatural, processed food (wheat and dairy included), how can this possibly be good for us when we aren't actually designed to eat it. You'd consider feeding a lion fruit pastels outrageous right?
    Some might say it's stretching things to proclaim "we aren't designed for it."

And I'd love to feed a lion fruit pastels. That does sound outrageous. Like outrageous fun.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Terms like paleo automatically make me think you're brainwashed. So, yes I agree.
  • olDave
    Options

And you, my dear. missed my point completely! LOL.:smile:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Terms like paleo automatically make me think you're brainwashed. So, yes I agree.

Eat a balanced diet and be happy.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Eating clean isn't going to make you lose weight unless you're eating clean at a deficit. Then again, eating dirty at a deficit will make you lose weight too. Crazy stuff, no?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I'm glad, in a way, that you weren't saying what I thought you were saying then. :laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    By clean, I mean relatively paleo
    Why? This is just a naturalistic fallacy.
  • taiyola
    Options

I agree that we would probably sometimes eat less, because if it tastes good and is on my plate... I will eat until I verge on sickness and that *too full* feeling. This is why I measure out my food at home - otherwise my eyes are bigger than my belly" God help any buffet I take on!

But I also agree that I would rather be this way than not enjoy the tastes and smells - mmm! :wink:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    In for the fruit pastels. Because they sound yummy and colorful.

How do we know lions don't like them, BTW?

Because lions are carnivores.
  • taiyola
    Options
    Eating clean isn't going to make you lose weight unless you're eating clean at a deficit. Then again, eating dirty at a deficit will make you lose weight too. Crazy stuff, no?

This. I want some ice cream.
  • taiyola
    Options
    In for the fruit pastels. Because they sound yummy and colorful.

How do we know lions don't like them, BTW?

Because lions are carnivores.

BUT dey so naaaiceee.
    (they're like gummy fruit flavoured sweets with a sugary coating for anyone outside the UK...)
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

This. I want some ice cream.

and don't forget the poptarts
  • whattodo54
    whattodo54 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I never eat dirty. I wash everything really well before I eat it
  • olDave
    Options

I agree that we would probably sometimes eat less, because if it tastes good and is on my plate... I will eat until I verge on sickness and that *too full* feeling. This is why I measure out my food at home - otherwise my eyes are bigger than my belly" God help any buffet I take on!

But I also agree that I would rather be this way than not enjoy the tastes and smells - mmm! :wink:

Oh yes....I agree that life would be much less enjoyable if I lost my sense of taste and smell. It seems to be a blessing and also a curse on the human race...LOL.