What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

Options

Replies

• amymfr
    amymfr Posts: 17
    Options
    Hangovers.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Boredom and wine ruin my efforts!!
  • milu1f
    milu1f Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not enough food and sleep. Thats a recipie 4 a binge....

Oh and not beeing able 2 exercise regulary!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    A horrible day at work. Customers are unforgiving, a lot even taunt me for my weight as they leave. Others just taunt me for my place in life, working at Wal-mart instead of being in college. Its hurtful and crappy. That's why I work out in the morning before I do anything.

I hope that you go to college too, however, you have a job - good for you! There's something wrong with anyone who would taunt you.

I worked at Target for 2.5 years as a cashier; I know how you feel. People feel so superior just because they're not in some crappy service job and they have no idea how hard it is. I really think everyone should have to work a low-level service job so they know how horrible people can really be.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Stress has killed my motivation at times.
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    PMS kills my motivation big time... I'm just glad it only lasts about a week...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Being sick. And it doesn't even kill my motivation, because I'd love nothing more than to go for a run or lift some weights, but with this damn cold/flu thing, I can't breathe.
  • EmilyGMcK
    EmilyGMcK Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    People who act as though weight loss and exercise is effortless and that they have never slipped up. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong and I self doubt and end up comfort eating or give up on exercise sooner.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    No matter how I feel, I keep going. I don't let anything get in the way of reaching my health goals. I've been through so much crap in my life but as a Christian, I turn to God in good times and bad. He keeps me going so that the outside world no longer affects me.

Sometimes you just have to toughen up.for most situations, you will never see the people again who try to belittle you or perhaps in a few years, you will have moved onto better things and have reached your goals. I say, don't let people hurt you, you don't need that in your life be it family or friends. Forgive them, bless them, then move forward with a stronger foot.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The vicious cycle of being ill, feeling better, trying to start back too soon, making yourself ill again, but worse and for longer...
  • EmilyGMcK
    EmilyGMcK Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A horrible day at work. Customers are unforgiving, a lot even taunt me for my weight as they leave. Others just taunt me for my place in life, working at Wal-mart instead of being in college. Its hurtful and crappy. That's why I work out in the morning before I do anything.

I hope that you go to college too, however, you have a job - good for you! There's something wrong with anyone who would taunt you.

I worked at Target for 2.5 years as a cashier; I know how you feel. People feel so superior just because they're not in some crappy service job and they have no idea how hard it is. I really think everyone should have to work a low-level service job so they know how horrible people can really be.

I agree, nothing is more character building that working in the service industry!!! I worked in Starbucks and was talked to like a moron or shouted at for not serving their coffee in 1 second as if their coffee is the most important thing in the world and I've killed someone if they don't get it that second!

Service makes you learn how to keep calm on the outside and you deal with so much crap for such a small wage!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    precipitation of all forms and gloomy afternoons
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I agree about grey sky's and crappy weather. I live (until we retire to the south) in the hell hole state of Ohio. It is awful. I don't understand why anyone would stay here. People are stiff and unfriendly, weather is bad and scenery is flat and yucky.
  • spookysoups
    spookysoups Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Beer or Wine. I have a really big family, and when we get together, someone always likes to bring one or the other. So, I have to say..WAIT! Don't forget, unless it's my birthday, don't bring anything! I plan on having a reallly good 50th birthday. Plus permission to sleep in the next day.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can pick one thing....but it would have to be between:
    Feeling sad/depressed
    Feeling deprived
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    mean people who say why do you want to eat at the drop of a hat. I dont know, I am geared that way, I had rather eat than deal, I am working on it. I dont know why I want to eat when something goes wrong like something is terribly wrong with me. when I am sick is another one, for some reason food comforts me and again I am trying to find other ways to comfort me like friends, this site, enough rest, again I am working on it. why do people chastise you for this and then I lose my motivation.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

I'm sorry people treat you badly. It's nothing to do with you, but with those that feel the need to make someone else feel bad in order to make themselves feel better. They probably have miserable lives.

I worked at Wal-Mart for three weeks last year and walked out. I have never in my life been treated so badly by people. For some reason the customers felt they could treat me like an animal or lesser human being. I DO NOT put up with that.

It was a second job anyway.

I work with the public at my regular job and am allowed to tell people not to talk to me in such a way. The manager hates for people to treat his staff like crap and will come out of his office to tell them so when he over hears it.
  • staceycanada
    Options
    Most of my workout is walking so cold weather or icy conditions really makes me not want to workout.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    sore feet. I have plantar fasciitis and on a bad day my motivation is completely shot
  • Lynne4906
    Lynne4906 Posts: 15
    Options
    I hear that! Usually I have enough that I won't go to the gym the NEXT day too! ugh...