What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

Options

Replies

• youwin67
    youwin67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Reading things on the internet. Some people have the cruelest opinion of overweight people and it makes me feel sub-human. You would think that it would motivate...but it doesn't. It makes me feel like I'm not worth it. I know those people are anonymous jerks who don't know me, but it seems so socially acceptable. It makes me want to stay hidden in my comfort zone.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Being so BROKE

For instance, I have one pair of workout pants and no designated workout clothes, really. Would I love to go get some cute workout outfits to get into the spirit? Yes. Can I afford it? No.

I want to start Shakeology because my in laws use it and I've seen a 180 in them completely since they started. Can I afford it? No.

I'd love to be able to sign up for fun 5k's and get my walk on. Can I afford a 45 dollar sign up fee? No.

BAH

You have to get past the negativity. It won't do you any good. Try to find the blessing in your situation. You don't need shakeology to get healthy. You don't need an event to run 5k, just get out and do it.

eBay and goodwill sometimes get cute workout clothes. You could sell some unused items to pay for new ones.

Stay positive, you won't always be broke hun.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Getting sick. You don't want to go to the gym and cough all over everyone and be THAT person (or, mess up your pants, depending on the illness, lol), you have no energy to even get a workout in at home (plus you can barely breathe as it is, never mind a workout), and all you want to do is eat comfort food (especially getting over a stomach bug once you're feeling better). Takes me out of the game for a week or even more sometimes, and then takes a few more days to get back into the swing of things. Sadly, with two tiny kids in daycare, the illnesses run rampant in our house, especially during the winter. 2 bad colds/sinus infections and a norovirus so far this year have held me back quite a bit. Ready for spring!! Less sickness and more outside active time!!
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Losing a loved one.
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    People who ***** and whine about their lack of motivation and then ask other people to do it for them.

Don't be an *kitten*. There's nothing wrong with people admitting they've lost motivation and asking for encouragement.
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    MY BIRTHDAY!

I've been in "maintenance" mode for months and managed to get through Christmas/New Year's without too much trouble... then WHAM! Work colleagues insisted on taking me out for birthday drinks, friends threw a party, my husband took me out on the weekend, my best friend baked a beautiful chocolate cake (she made sure it was a "small one" but still).

Of course I would never consider being rude or hurting people's feelings when they're just being nice but ARRRGGGH. The scales don't lie... I'm up a few pounds but should be able to get back to my goal weight within a week or so.

I'm ALL for celebrating but sometimes it's a bit hard to stay motivated when facing cake and ice cream. Just sayin'
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    having a plateau for 6 months is killing mine....
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    TOM :grumble:
    i hate that guy.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Dreary weather.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Don't know.

I often get the munchies (and may "cheat" a little here or there but that's few and far between), but I'm pretty good about not really giving in.

I guess my tendency to just keep plodding along helps keep me on the mostly correct path. Seems easier (sometimes) and over all better to just keep tracking my calories and not hardly ever go overboard.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Tha scale! lol
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My husband :grumble:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Depression and being tired.
  • barbiegirl052
    Options
    Thats horriable how can people do that?! Im sure any size your awesome!!
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I'm blue, tired in general, or I overkilled my workout the day before.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Mary Jane...
  • amandacillin
    amandacillin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Slow results..... :/
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Injuries is my demotivator too I wake with backache most days that normally goes away as I walk around but It does make me tone down my exercise a bit in case it gets worse.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    a hangover
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    1. Fatigue. After a long day all I want to do is order pizza and pig out on the couch.
    2. Social settings - happy hour, dinner with friends, lunch with coworkers, parties... all tempting me to go overboard!