What is your resting heart rate?

Options

Replies

• dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Mine right now was about 70. But I'm sitting here drinking coffee getting ready to go to work.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    About 75, but Im on a medication that supposedly raises heart rate.

me too. I'm at 74 but I take a medication that raises it.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    58 (it was 98 before I started working out and eating right)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I usually average somewhere between 65 and 74.. I am a smoker though
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    110-113

Ummmm, that's tachycardia. Not resting. Well, maybe if you are a fetus....

Umm, that is actually my resting heart rate. It has been since I was 10 years old following a virus that infected my heart. I also have a heart murmur, and no, I am not a fetus. When I exercise it peaks at about 189.
  • fxgs
    fxgs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    48 but it drops to 36 when i'm literally resting.. (as in lying in bed)

Also.. I can get my rate up when working out hard.. but as soon as I stop.. I mean right away it drops way down again..

My mom has bradycardia too since her 30s.. and she's obese.. about the same bpm as I do.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    110-113

Umm, that is actually my resting heart rate. It has been since I was 10 years old following a virus that infected my heart. I also have a heart murmur, and no, I am not a fetus. When I exercise it peaks at about 189.
    Not to pry.. and you don't have to tell me obviously.. but have you been checked for aortic stenosis? That's a narrowing of the aorta and it can get very bad as you age. A heart murmur is often a sign of it.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    80-110. I have tachycardia though. Always have had a higher heart rate than normal.
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring this with a HRM or only counting your heartbeats?
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    66 right now.. though it's the end of the day i'm not too sure what i would be in the morning
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    110-113

Not to pry.. and you don't have to tell me obviously.. but have you been checked for aortic stenosis? That's a narrowing of the aorta and it can get very bad as you age. A heart murmur is often a sign of it.

I am not sure if I have been tested for that. I went through a lot of tests about 2 years ago, monitored heart while sleeping/ekg, etc. and the end result was there was nothing of concern. I do monitor it at home and go for check ups every 6 months. I will ask my doctor about it though - thank you.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    mine is normally around 55 these days. Used to be 40-41 always, and I hope to get it back to there here soon .....
  • susiepet
    susiepet Posts: 68
    Options
    66 after coffee....which is amazing as before I started exercising a couple of years ago it was around 82! :bigsmile:
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    60....after my third cup of coffee.