What is your resting heart rate?

Options

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    it's currently between 38 and 42, at work. But I'm never resting, I'm either asleep or working.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    44 :)
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    59 and just went to grab my iPad from the living room and sat back down, read this and checked :)
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    36 usually; about 32 in meditation.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    62 According to HRM.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Mine is 52 - one less than my age, which seems a reasonable target to maintain.
    Down from about 60 last summer when I started getting serious about my fitness.
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just before I fall asleep it is usually around 50, sometimes as low as 44, when I wake up around 56-60, once I kept my heart rate monitor on and the average was 50.
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Before starting my healthy eating and exercising my resting heart was 85bpm NOW 53bpm :)))
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Wow, some of these are so low. Is that what it's "supposed" to be? Like lower the better type of thing?
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    around 55 that's down from 64 in December. Yay running!
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    56 - sitting at work. Is that resting? :-)
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Wow...mine is always in the 80's/90's. When I exercise, it gets up to the 110's/120's. I have no heart problems either...
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    46 bpm
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Mine is around the low 90s.
    I had a virus that affected my heart muscle a few years ago. I'm on beta blockers and ACE inhibitor tablets to 'control' it... So I dread to think what it might be without the meds!
    I'm hoping becoming active might improve my health :smile:
  • leftyguitarplr
    leftyguitarplr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    58, down from 78 before MFP
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options

I feel pretty heart-healthy.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Got 61 this morning.. time to quit smoking as I noticed my HR is about 20 beats higher after I've had a smoke for the day! :laugh:
  • IamMeMa5
    IamMeMa5 Posts: 12
    Options
  • KittenTikka
    Options
    59!

Last checked my RHR about 6 months ago, and it was 78 - all that swimming is obviously doing me some good :)
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mine tends to average between 45-48 when I'm just stood still checking final texts/emails etc before I start a workout (at home). No idea what sitting/laying and resting would be.
    You people with really low heart rates make me feel less worried, lol. I'm still debating about mentioning it to my Dr next time I'm there as I don't consider myself as fit enough to warrant a heart rate that low and it's probably best to be sure I'm not about to randomly keel over and die.