Enjoy
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with peanut butter and jam stirred in

Two poached eggs on toast with grated cheese, sliced tomatoes and avocado

Yogurt with diced fruit, granola, cinnamon and honey

Two scrambled eggs in a tortilla shell with cheese and salsa

Sometimes I don't eat breakfast food for breakfast. Leftovers from supper the night before will suffice.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Avoadopoachedeggs.jpg
  • throttle2009
    Options
    Lately I have been making a protein shake ,,the cafe Mocha
    vanilla protein powder
    1 packet Starbucks VIA instant coffee (5 cals)
    6 ice cubes
    cup of milk
    blend it all up ...makes an awesome coffee flavored shake..

for something more satisfying I have been having a hard boiled egg with a couple slices of little big bread...its sprouted grain bread from silver hills.. awesome products...check them out here!..

http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/products/

so far Ive tried squirelly, the big16, and litle big bread. All are awesome!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Egg Whites and Oats, every day like clockwork and I love it. Any time I do something different, it throw off my day.
  • frantny
    frantny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The oscar mayer turkey bacon is delicious, poached or scrambled egg on the side.
  • r524reed
    r524reed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That
  • r524reed
    r524reed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been making a protein shake ,,the cafe Mocha
    vanilla protein powder
    1 packet Starbucks VIA instant coffee (5 cals)
    6 ice cubes
    cup of milk
    blend it all up ...makes an awesome coffee flavored shake..

for something more satisfying I have been having a hard boiled egg with a couple slices of little big bread...its sprouted grain bread from silver hills.. awesome products...check them out here!..

http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/products/

so far Ive tried squirelly, the big16, and litle big bread. All are awesome!

That protein shake sounds great !!!
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A cup of almond milk (I'm lactose intolerant), and 2 toasted crumpets with natural peanut or almond butter on are a perfect start for my running days :)

On days where I'm not as active, or when I do weight training, I have the same almond milk, and have one toasted crumpet with marmalade, and a fruit of some kind. Oranges and cantaloupe are great this time of year.

I burned out on oatmeals for a while, but they're good with all kinds of mix-ins, and greek yogurt with honey and a bit of cinnamon also can't be beat :)
  • mjharper34
    mjharper34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll throw this in, just to give you another idea. Zone Perfect bars (the classic kind, not these new-fangled, sugar-loaded double fudge things) - I prefer the fudge graham, but the peanut butter and caramel cluster ones are also pretty good.

http://zoneperfect.com/products/zoneperfect/fudge-graham

I usually prefer to sleep as much as possible before going to work in the morning, so I never have time to make breakfast, so these are perfect for me to grab and eat on the way to the office. Good nutrition, fairly low-calorie, taste pretty good as nutrition bars go (not like eating a Power Bar), and you shouldn't get hungry for at least a couple hours after eating one.

I eat these for breakfast roughly five times a week. They don't work for everybody, though - my wife, for example, doesn't like them. But, I wanted to drop my two cents on this thread.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I actually have a list of my favourite breakfasts on my computer. I know, I'm a geek:

cinnamon porridge with fruit salad
    smoothie made from yoghurt, fruit and oats
    greek yoghurt with chopped walnuts, honey and a fruit salad
    wholemeal bread or crispbread with cheese, turkey and/or chicken with cucumber and a piece of fruit
    wholemeal pancakes, french toast or waffles with berries and greek yoghurt (replacing whipped cream)
    japanese breakfast: rice, miso soup, fish and veggies
    breakfast wrap (tortilla with scrambled egg and leftover veggies or with a slice of ham)
    boiled egg with soldiers and fruit salad
    fruity milkshake with oats (milk, fruit and oats in a blender)
    homemade chocolate muesli (recipe: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27178/chocolate+muesli+with+warm+milk (minus the apricot)) with warm milk and some fruit

I always have a big mug of green tea with my brekkie as well.
  • jtempalski
    Options
    My go to lately has been an egg white omelet, with pico de gallo, ham bits and then half slice of pepper jack cheese to "spice" up the flavor. (use 3 egg whites)

Or if I am in a rush and don't have time to cook, I found the Pepperidge Farms Light Oatmeal bread (only 45 cal per slice) toasted, plus 2 tbsp of peanut butter and about 1/3 medium banana cut up on top keeps me good until snack time before lunch.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    i chop up some onions, green peppers, and a slice of turkey ham and scramble them with eggs, sometimes i use salsa for flavor... usually have a fruit or oatmeal depending if im on a cut or bulk
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    Left overs from last night's dinner
    Toast made from Ezekiel bread and topped with sliced avocado & tomato
    Toast made from Ezekiel raisin bread and topped with peanut butter & low sugar jam
    A quesadilla made from an Ezekiel tortilla, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions & cilantro & hot sauce or salsa
    Steel cut oats cooked in the crock-pot overnight with some fruit & cinnamon
    A kale smoothie made with protein powder
    An open faced tuna sandwich
    Scrambled eggs with chopped vegetables & herbs
    Garlic Naan, hummus, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and kalamata olives
    Poached egg on toast
    Granola with plant milk
    A mocha protein shake
  • bippybee
    bippybee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is, what is everyone doing with all those leftover egg yolks?
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is, what is everyone doing with all those leftover egg yolks?

you can freeze them and then use them in pie, pancakes, cake or whatever.

When I eat eggs, I just eat the yolk. Don't care about the whole "omg so much cholesterol". As long as you don't eat too much of it, it's actually really good for you. Also, I'm Dutch. We do not waste anything ;).
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    An 8oz ribeye wrapped in 8oz of smoked bacon with fried hash browns topped with sour cream and cheese, with 2 fried over easy extra large eggs. And white toast with a tbsp of margarine on each slice ........

and a 1 litre bottle of DIET Mt Dew ........:wink:
  • 57bananas
    Options
    I like:
    Smoothies
    Chia seed pudding (with raisins and cinnamon) (http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chia-seed-pudding)
    Rip's Big Bowl w/blueberries
  • RaquelCasul
    Options
    Soya yoghurt with fresh berries.

A mixture of muesli & porridge made with soya milk (I generally throw some frozen berries on there as well; it's going to be microwaved, and those frozen berries keep forever).

Pancakes can easily be under 300 calories if you're careful with the portion size. My favourite recipe is 1/3 cup of flour, 1/3 cup soya milk or water, a teaspoon of oil (makes them not stick to the pan), and some sugar (can be left off, depending on what you plan to put on them). That makes a single portion, and a tablespoon or two of syrup goes an awfully long way here.

Homemade baked beans on toast (try this recipe; http://www.cookyourselfthin.co.uk/article/gizzi-erksine-recipes-baked-beans-on-toast.html ). I generally leave out the bacon and sugar and use vegetable stock. That recipe makes 5-6 portions for me, and it keeps in the fridge for about a week; just microwave it. I also use butter beans instead of cannelini beans.

I make a mini fry-up consisting of a hash brown, veggie sausages, and tomatoes, all sprayed with oil and baked, not fried. The spray oil means you're getting much much less than if you fried it. Then some baked beans and toast. In the week, I leave off the baked beans and toast, and just have the hash browns, sausages, and tomato. It takes 15-20 minutes in the oven, in which time you can be getting dressed, packing a lunch, etc.
  • karakreature
    karakreature Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Scrambled with cheese (sometimes add peppers and onions), boiled, or over easy. Always have Butterball turkey bacon (lower in calories and fat than Oscar Mayer). I cook the bacon in the microwave so it gets crispy. If I don't eat protein in the morning, I'm hungry 2 hours later.