eat more to weigh less folks

Options
I began a few weeks ago eating the correct calories for my current weight aiming for 20% body fat reduction. when I began I weighed 180 pounds. thanks to you guys I lost 4 pounds so far in the two weeks I'm doing this. I am feeling full and satisfed.
I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks and I only eat when I am hungry. if my calories are under and I am full I accept my end day calorie count.

I don't know if there any any eat more to weigh less folks still on mfp since y'all have your own forum but if there are I wanted to thank you guys so much for helping me in my struggles. your the best:):heart: for the eat more to weigh less folks who are here would love for you to add me. the bigger the support system the better. you will receive the same support right back.

Replies

• Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I was just reading about EM2WL yesterday and considering sticking with it long term. I'm glad to know a weight loss of 2 lbs per week in the beginning is possible.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    defintely possible. I am still working on tweaking my eating in regards to making healthier choices but other than that I am feeling pretty good.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Those people helped me as well. Is there a group? Eat more to weigh less..I am at 20% below TDEE and I am not hungry and I am shrinking!:bigsmile:
  • emzabee420
    emzabee420 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    same,same,same here. so. much. better. :)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    How do you work out how many cals to eat?
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the TDEE -20% and I am never hungry. I haven't lost a lot of weight but I did go on vacation (all inclusive to Punta Cana) about 2 weeks ago so I am working on getting back on the wagon. I think it is a better way to go because it is realistic. I can still drink my wine on the weekends as long as I make room in the calories for it.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    qBt4AKy.gif

TDEE - 20% works for me
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I firmily believe in this and have been doing the Tdee %20 for a while now and have lost on a regular basis.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1200 for almost a year now but I'm working my way up to TDEE - 20%. I'm currently at 1400 and can't wait to see what happens when I reach the full potential!
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Amen to this!!! You are so right!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    How do you work out how many cals to eat?
    Find a TDEE calculator, fill in the info as accurate as possible, then multiply it by .9, .85, or .8 to get a deficit of 10, 15, or 20%, respectively.

I use this one, but there are many others. http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm not eatting enough!!!
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Problem for me is that my TDEE is over 3000 based on how much I workout and that just feels so difficult to eat without eating crap.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Problem for me is that my TDEE is over 3000 based on how much I workout and that just feels so difficult to eat without eating crap.

This is the tiniest bowl I own. Inside of it is 600 calories of cashews.

13964211_7130.jpg

I would probably eat 10 of these bowls in one sitting if I didn't restrain myself.

You can find lots of other nutritious foods to make up a healthy diet.
  • JessicaLynn82
    Options
    I just did the calculator and should be eating about 2300 to lose weight steadily! Maybe that is why I am at a plateau because I stay around 1400, Oh my gosh, that is so scary to think about eating that much, I will try though.
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    I just did the calculator and should be eating about 2300 to lose weight steadily! Maybe that is why I am at a plateau because I stay around 1400, Oh my gosh, that is so scary to think about eating that much, I will try though.

It can feel really scary, but once you get to the point of eating a healthy deficit for yourself you feel so good, and lose weight! You may want to go up a bit gradually after being so low for a while, and don't freak out if you gain a little at first. It's going to take your body a bit to adjust to being FED! :) Good luck!
  • YvonneCT
    YvonneCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is great! I never knew about this calculator. Thanks!
  • joeymalone142
    Options

This is the tiniest bowl I own. Inside of it is 600 calories of cashews.

13964211_7130.jpg

I would probably eat 10 of these bowls in one sitting if I didn't restrain myself.

You can find lots of other nutritious foods to make up a healthy diet.

Awesome point made!!
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese (allergic to nuts) for calorie dense items. I really feel confident and happy eating this way. Seeing people eating 1200 calories makes me sad.
  • alwaddle
    alwaddle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been toying with the idea of upping my calories. I'm very frustrated -- I've been trying to clean up my eating for the past 4 weeks and I have barely lost 3 pounds. I also started measuring last week, since I started the insanity workouts and I haven't lost inches that I can tell.

The thing that has always confused me about this is -- If I was eating under the number of calories my body needs, shouldn't I have seen at least a few weeks of big losses? Shouldn't my body have taken a little bit of time to "adjust" and not refused to shed fat for at least a few weeks?

I'm going to try TDEE - 20% for the next few weeks and see what happens. Can people who have had success on this comment on how quickly it took for your body to respond? I need to lose about 60 to 70 lbs and I feel like I can't do anything to make it happen. So so so frustrated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!