When were you in the best shape?

Options

Replies

• BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So far about 9 months after having my little girl (breast feeding is a wonderful thing!) Hope to beat that in the next year or so though :happy:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Now.

If only I'd worked out like I do now before I had kids I would have looked incredible, oh well!
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Now! I have 7 children; I need to be strong to keep up with them.:happy: I weigh now about what I did in 8th or 9th grade(I struggled with weight gain after that), but I have far more muscle than I did at any other time.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you define it, but probably now, or maybe last summer.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely more fit now. I weighed 20-30 pounds less in high school but I sucked at anything athletic except riding a bike (had an awesome 12 speed) and swimming. I'm pretty sure I could kick my 16 year old self's *kitten* hands down. :)
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Around the ages of 10-14. I did karate 3 times a week, I played baseball, I played soccer, and I took horseback riding lessons. I could do crunches for hours and I could bench more than 100lbs. I want to be that fit again.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Now. I've been a much lower weight before, but never been this fit or toned.
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say I believe it's right now! Eating good and exercising most days of the week! :-)
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    two months ago.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    When I was 50.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Appearance-wise, my freshman year of college. I was 17/18, I was in dance classes 5 days a week (ballet 2 days, tap 3 days), and I went to the gym 6, sometimes 7 days a week. I would go really late at night when nobody was there and do an hour of cardio and then like a thousand sit-ups because I read somewhere that Britney Spears did a thousand sit-ups a day (at the time, this was around the time "Slave 4 U" came out and she had the sickest abs ever). I had a flat stomach, wore like a size 0-2, weighed MAYBE 115lbs, and I feel like I looked awesome. I was totally over-doing it and definitely not eating properly to support that kind of exercise, which led me to have a totally wrecked metabolism now.

Health-wise, I'd have to say I'm in the best shape of my life right now. I still have some weight to lose and some body fat to drop, but I also ran a marathon last month and am in pretty much perfect physical health so I'll take where I'm at now over where I was when I was 18. At least this time I'm going to be able to maintain my weight loss without destroying my body in the process.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    today and now. I weighed more in high school as a freshman than I do now.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was little I played sports, but eating processed foods like 5 servings of hamburger helper never helped me out. I think generally speaking I'm in the best shape of my life now.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A little over a week ago, before I got the flu. :laugh:
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    2 years ago when I realized I had gained 30lbs.... and I lost it all on my own. Since then I gained a few lbs back, now I have lost them and I am lighter than ever before!
  • karenjanel
    karenjanel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I was 24 (9 years ago). I was 155 lbs. I was originally like 200 lbs and just got out a bad relationship so I decided to take car of myself before looking for someone else. Over the course of a year, I lost 40 lbs. I was happier with my life being single so I treated my body better. I am trying to get back down to that weight right now.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Right NOW. Even as a child, I was miserably out of shape. Asthmatic. No team sports. Bad knees. I may have weighed less at every other point in my life, but I was NO where near as fit as I am now. Most people have an image of themselves they'd like to get back to. I don't. That image of me is only yet to be seen and it's starting to reveal itself!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    About four years ago, when I was on my college's crew team. We had two hour practices from 4:30am-6:30am, and we also worked out for two or three hours in the evening.

I want to get back to being that fit!
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    High school, I was a dancer so I weighted 120 pounds. But now in college, I gained a little over 10 pounds because of cheerleading, so I got bigger because I'm one of the girls lifting the flyers. Now the season is over, I'm planning to get down to 120-125 pounds for summer and hope to maintain that!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I was stronger in high school, but I'm probably healthier now.