Replies

• sjanes9
    sjanes9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    25 years ago after a summer of basic training at Ft. Jackson. I could do 40 push ups and run forever. And do a 10 mile march in the SC heat with a rucksack and M16. I would still rather do an hour of cardio than push ups!
  • Fat_Lenny
    Fat_Lenny Posts: 38
    Options
    Twice in my life I have been at my best. First when I was a teen playing lots of sport, mainly badminton, also swimming and learning to sail on holiday in Cyprus gave me an amazing stomach. Then went to Uni and let myself go a bit.

Second time was Summer of 2008, travelling round Europe with friends, I could carry a full 60L rucksack from one end of Paris to the other and still have energy left afterwards, walking on average 5 hours daily and eating lots of fresh food, (mainly due to being poor students!) I was a UK size 8 when I got home, but gradually piled on relationship weight over the next 3 years, my boyfriend was very overweight so being around his lifestyle didn't help. Being single again has probably done more for my heath than I could have imagined, got more motivation and aiming to get my 2008 body back!
  • DeirdreMum8
    Options
    RIGHT NOW:) I have given birth 5 times and I have learned nothing is an excuse (we have 8 kids but 3 adopted, still takes a toll feeding everyone and staying strong with healthy choices:). I have a bit to go but am happy in my skin and love my life. I still need to track daily to stay on course but that is OK, MFP is a great tool for that.
  • MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was never truly happy with my body to begin with but id have to say 21. I must have gone dancing about 4 times a week and would not leave the dance floor. Then I had three kids. It is a lot harder to stay fit now then it was at that age.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    this is the best shape ive ever been in.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When I was about 16. I weighed around 125-130 and worked in the produce department of a grocery store. Spent all my time there lifting 40+ pound boxes of produce. And, let me tell you, I could hoist those things over my head to stack them like nothing. I also had a really chauvinistic gym teacher at the time that said "the weight room is for boys only, girls can run or do crunches". No lie. And I am not, and was not, a runner. So I would spend a solid hour three times a week doing crunches.

Oh yeah, I was pretty ripped for a girl. Had the muscle lines on my stomach and everything. *sigh*
  • Jillbaby1972
    Jillbaby1972 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Now. I weigh less now than I have in 20 years. But I have never before taken eating healthy seriously. But now I do. I'm not where I want to be yet, but every day is one step closer to being in even better shape.