Calling All Crazy Cat Ladies!

Options

Replies

• ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I am a dog person. I don't mind cats, I wouldn't see one harmed or homeless but I just feel so OCD gross when I see them walking on counters near food and lying on hairy messy couches and the people I know who have male cats their houses really stink of cat. Is that just a male cat thing? I don't know. Anyway, I don't think I could keep up with the amount of cleaning and hoovering you must have to do with a cat.
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    :heart: my fluffer.

2vkdw8y.jpg

11tsw8n.jpg
  • AuroraBear84
    AuroraBear84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've got 4 fur kids :) Cant post pics because I am at work. LOVE LOVE LOVE everyones kitty pics! They are all so pretty/handsome! And adorable names. I am hoping our next fur kid will be of the canine variety just to mix it up and try something new. Being ignored on a regular basis is fun and all....
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My cat died yesterday. :sad:

I would be a mess..sorry!
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am a dog person. I don't mind cats, I wouldn't see one harmed or homeless but I just feel so OCD gross when I see them walking on counters near food and lying on hairy messy couches and the people I know who have male cats their houses really stink of cat. Is that just a male cat thing? I don't know. Anyway, I don't think I could keep up with the amount of cleaning and hoovering you must have to do with a cat.

I don't feel like it's much work. My cat's don't go on the kitchen counters, and I brush them regularly so there isn't a whole lot of fur flying around. Cleaning the litter boxes only takes a few minutes each time. I find cats to be pretty low maintenance actually.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've got a cat that thinks she's a dog and a dog that thinks she's a cat (she meows and tries to purr) does that count?

My cat Ciggy thinks he's a dog. He fetches straws, chases his tail, likes to go for walks and even pants when he gets tired after running around :).
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud cat guy!
    having a coffee in my 'real men like cats' mug at this very moment.
    Big Maine Coon cats are the best 'dog' I know of.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    3f3e561a23ce11e283fd1231381b592e_7.jpg

Fred Weasley! My kitteh. Very dapper.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    I've got a cat that thinks she's a dog and a dog that thinks she's a cat (she meows and tries to purr) does that count?

My cat Ciggy thinks he's a dog. He fetches straws, chases his tail, likes to go for walks and even pants when he gets tired after running around :).

one of my cats is more dog than cat.
    he comes when called, performs various tasks, chases his tail, and goes for walks with me and the canines.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My furbabies:
    akz60i.jpg

3rd times the charm.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    bumping this so I can post pics later of my current kitty (and my previous guy who passed away in January at the ripe old age of at least 16-17).

If I didn't have a two-pet limit in my apartment, I'd have more cats...I currently have one dog and one cat.
  • dacadoo
    dacadoo Posts: 32
    Options
    Love my Kitties!!! Reggie (7), Mayhem (1) and Cookie (8mnths) and yes Mayhem does live up to his name!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

This.

And they're completely arrogant about it to. They walk around in their gross litterbox and then walk on the kitchen table. Leave a piece of chicken on top of the counter? That suckers gone.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have 3, I work at a pet store that adopts cats/kittens out.

This is Pepper, I adopted him 2 months ago from my store:

19518_10152460691735294_1789903001_n_zps64ee1808.jpg
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Libby (13), Bebe (7), Pookey (6)

2456022573_3076de2e24_o.jpg

7223225880_a5690842f6.jpg

All spayed girls.
    My cats are very clean. If you care for them the way they should be, you should never smell "cat". Pet hair is always an issue, with dogs OR cats, unless you have a hairless breed. Just takes a lot of hoovering, but that's not a problem, because I'm a neat freak and hoover every day anyway.

I like dogs, but LOVE cats. I enjoy how independent they are, as opposed to dogs who are very dependent (and quite needy).
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

This.

And they're completely arrogant about it to. They walk around in their gross litterbox and then walk on the kitchen table. Leave a piece of chicken on top of the counter? That suckers gone.

I know, right? Tea? Coffee? Toxoplasmosis?
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Haha, I always feel like there's this big rivalry between cat and dog people...which I don't get, because I love them both equally! I adore dogs, too. Am I the only person out there who is both a cat AND a dog person? :tongue:

P.S. Adorable dog, CR!

I was always more of a cat person growing up, until I adopted my first dog as an adult. Now I am an equal opportunity cat/dog lover. Both have their pros/cons. I'd like to say that cats are "lower maintenance," but my new kitty Cinder is a complete attention hog...I think eventually she'll be elbowing the dog out of the way to get my attention!
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Have 4 cats, and I grow them catnip
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options

My cats don't walk on any counters or tables...... nor does my apt "stink of cat." Also, by brushing them regularly you can eliminate the "hairy mess."
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Libby (13), Bebe (7), Pookey (6)

2456022573_3076de2e24_o.jpg

7223225880_a5690842f6.jpg

Gorgeous!