Am I eating badly??

Options
124»

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Everyone's getting pissed at me. It's weird being the only person who ISN'T a health nut, and my mom and friends would call you guys health nuts and if I started to act like you all, my mom would freak on me.
    I was looking over all the forums on this site and getting really overwhelmed and frustrated. There are so many different things going on on this site, and I struggle to find a way to easily fit new ideas in my lifestyle.
    Maybe it's just this particular day that makes it seem that I eat poorly.
    I eat sandwiches often--on whole grain bread with turkey and 1 slice of cheese, and some veggies like a bag of carrots or snap peas, and fruit. I actually don't eat lean cuisines a lot at ALL. I ate one yesterday and today, but it's the first time I've eaten them in a few months. I guess home cooking can be just as bad though. And my mom isn't one to compromise on taste.
    I guess I'm realizing there's a lot of sugar in the snacks I eat...like nonfat yogurt and fiber 1 bars. I have a sweet tooth.
    Whatever, I hate when people gang up on me. So I'd appreciate it if you'd stop, and maybe try to help instead. Sorry I got snippy.

Better off having full fat dairy than low fat. Low fat contains more sugar and sugar is way more of an issue for weight than fat is. Fat does not make a person fat. Also, better to be a health nut, as you might call it, than to spend twenty years not being bothered then wake up with diabetes, heart disease or some other diet related health issue, no ? You only get one body. It is not unbreakable. Try and get in at least 5 servings of veggies and fruits a day, more if you can, keep your protein above fhe mfp recommendation as it is generally too low, limit your refined sugars, learn to cook, you might even enjoy it, get in some exercise, whether it be walking, cycling, running, dance, boxing, skating or any other form and just use your common sense. The less ingredients in a product, the more natural it is and the more beneficial it is for your body. Find what works for you and what you feel comfortable maintaining for life. It is your body, your life.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Check out my food diary. I looked through this forum and people say not to eat any processed food/sugars. OK so that's impossible for me, completely impossible, and I refuse to do that. 52 g of sugar from Special K cereal, yoplait nonfat yogurt, skinny cow ice cream sandwich, a lean cuisine meal, and whatever else I forgot. I ate under my calorie budget though and under my fat budget. I might snack later tonight but w/e.
    I don't really have the patience or willpower or desire to cut out sugar and salt and everything yummy. I guess I'm annoyed with this forum. Everyone's obsessed with keeping their counts to the gram perfectly.

You are an adult. Have a frank, calm, mature conversation with your mother. No parent will tell their kid they can't eat healthy, especially if they ask. Write out a meny for a week, make a shopping list and take her shopping! Maybe your good habits will rub off.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a choice I have to eat processed foods it's just easier and that's how my mom cooks

Sooooo, are you really 18? Because if you were, you most definitely have a choice to go out and get a job, buy some groceries, and cook some food.

All right I see your point here. I AM 18. I'm not going to get a job. I don't need to. My mom and I usually eat pasta, breads, frozen things like pierogies, or rotisserie chicken, salads, whatever. What am I supposed to eat, freaking quinoa or something?

I've had jobs since I was 16 and no, we didn't need the money either but I chose to work because I wanted to be productive. At your age I'd done a year in University and I had a job there too. Get out of your Mum's house, get a job and if you actually WANT to change your lifestyle, do it.

ETA: Because she's only a kid.
  • cdt4717
    cdt4717 Posts: 13
    Options
    Stop replying please
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Stop replying please

I'm confused. Was this directed at one person specifically, or to everyone?
  • cdt4717
    cdt4717 Posts: 13
    Options
    Everyone
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a choice I have to eat processed foods it's just easier and that's how my mom cooks

Sooooo, are you really 18? Because if you were, you most definitely have a choice to go out and get a job, buy some groceries, and cook some food.

All right I see your point here. I AM 18. I'm not going to get a job. I don't need to. My mom and I usually eat pasta, breads, frozen things like pierogies, or rotisserie chicken, salads, whatever. What am I supposed to eat, freaking quinoa or something?

I hate teenagers these days.....

yeah...me too.
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Honestly, in my opinion (and I know not everyone will agree) eat less processed foods.

Oh, and get a job.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options

^this^ I almost lost my lunch. I would be far more sympathetic to myself at 18 = "Hi. I'm broke and work at Pizza Hut and can eat for free. What do I do?" lol
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

:'(
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    She doesn't NEED a job just go grocery shopping with your mom and pick out some healthy foods. Or eat smaller portions?
This discussion has been closed.