How do you put up with jealous/rude comments

Options
13»

Replies

• twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oh everybody has SOMEthing to say, and much of it comes from their own insecurity or something lacking in their own life. If they make comments about you being too thin its because they feel bad that they aren't or can't be thinner or more fit, or whatever their self imposed drawback is. It's easier to put other people down than to bring yourself up and do something about it, or find something to draw joy from in your own life. Sometimes people make themselves feel better by tearing others down.

Other people just can't fathom changing their own habits, or can't believe that other people do not eat what they eat, so they stupidly open their mouths without stopping to think that maybe their way isn't the only way. "You're really eating that?" or "Why don't you have this?" and my favorite... "Is that ALL you're going to eat?" This one usually comes from people who eat like crap and in large quantities. Why yes, this normal sized turkey wrap with avocado, some light dressing and mixed greens IS all I'm going to eat, thank you.

Ignore everyone and just remind yourself that they don't know anything about you or your journey and it's not their business.
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow firstly I want to thank all of you for the support!! :) Very good ideas from each & every one of you thank you! thank you! :) Oh i'm 5'7 btw, I would binge out of stress from rude side comments, workplace stress, boredom, etc. My doctor says I was fine and at a healthy weight before, but now being about 160, I'll just try my best to lose it this time and keep it off, thanks again everyone :)<3
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I don't put up with it. I state how I feel about their comments and negativity. I'm not going to let their negativity drag me down. I just smile cause I know I want and have changed for the better.

Negativity.....

Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Also, if you need some support and advice, I'm here for ya!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I tell them how much and how often I really eat. That usually helps. But yes, you may have to do it often and even to the same people. Some of them will eventually shut up. If not, I'll start commenting on their weight and eating habits. >.> Haven't done that yet, but I will if they will say hurtful things about my body again.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Remember misery loves company, if they are unhappy then they will try to bring others down. Try not to let it get to you and continue your workout and try to find others who support your goals
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Put up with it by ignoring it and being happy with what you see in the mirror every day.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Negative comments are apart of life. Especially from family. My fam can be rather discouraging sometimes and not even realize it. That's why I don't let it get to me. I know that behind all their annoying, unwanted comments there is only love and concern for me. Next time someone says something to you, instead of focusing on what they said think of WHY they said it. Is it ignorance, jealousy, love, worry, hatred? Brush all negative things aside and embrace only things that will motivate and encourage you. NEVER allow someone else to control your path in life. Its YOUR life, so do what makes YOU happy.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a lot more positive comments than rude ones.

My dad still tries to make me feel fat with little jabs, but that's just the way he's always been. Regardless of my weight, he'll always remind me that someone else is thinner. I walk away from it.