Options
    Eat the pizza. Alot of pizza.

q8SPD.jpg

It will be okay.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Should I really be worried?

No, not unless it then causes an all out binge.

Enjoy yourself ;)
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    CloseEnough_zpsfa81ed12.jpg

:laugh: I'm not a fan of the pyramid but this made me friggan laugh. Rightclicksave.

OP...don't feel guilty. You have the calories...eat them up!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Had pizza and a Greek salad with real Greek dressing for dinner last night... don't even feel the slightest bit guilty.

Make sure that your dietary choices meet your lifestyle needs, and that they're sustainable for the rest of your life. It's the only way to be successful.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If I were that worried about it I'd be taking an Atkins Shake. That being said; as long as it's in my calorie limits I eat any danged thing I want as evidenced by my food diary. :) I do eat pizza every once in a while.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    This process is long term.

Eat pizza for four days and a row and you have a reason to worry....otherwise, accept that you will have bad days during the course of a year, or five years. Thing long term.

If you deprive yourself you will fail.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If eating something makes you feel guilty, you should look at your relationship with food.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    As great as it sounds, it's very unfortunate. I'm going out to a bowling alley tonight pretty late, and making food or not eating is NOT an option. Basically, my choices are burgers, pizza, fried chicken, french fries, corn dogs, milkshakes, and soda. So I've decided I will help myself to 2 slices of cheese pizza (which I will dab the grease from) because I'm absolutely starving, and one piece just won't do the trick. I burned 500 calories today and am planning on burning another 100, and even after eating the 2 slices of pizza, I will be 500 calories under my goal. I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but for whatever reason I feel like this is going to ruin my entire diet:( Should I really be worried?

Why not?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    As great as it sounds, it's very unfortunate. I'm going out to a bowling alley tonight pretty late, and making food or not eating is NOT an option. Basically, my choices are burgers, pizza, fried chicken, french fries, corn dogs, milkshakes, and soda. So I've decided I will help myself to 2 slices of cheese pizza (which I will dab the grease from) because I'm absolutely starving, and one piece just won't do the trick. I burned 500 calories today and am planning on burning another 100, and even after eating the 2 slices of pizza, I will be 500 calories under my goal. I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but for whatever reason I feel like this is going to ruin my entire diet:( Should I really be worried?

You should be terrified...everyone knows that one day and a couple of slices of pizza or a burger or whatever will completely derail you and you'll probably gain 10 Lbs of fat overnight because you know, science has nothing to do with any of this.

/sarcasm

Seriously...eat the friggin' pizza...have a couple beers....bowl and enjoy. I had a huge BBQ last weekend for my 3 year old's birthday...I had two burgers, two hot dogs...a whole lot of baked beans and potato salad...followed that up in the evening with some greasy pizza that evening. I didn't starve myself the following day or do anything extra with my workouts...just lived life as normal and I'm still on pace to drop my 1/2 Lb this week just as targeted. Yeah, I was up a few pounds the following day due to all of the sodium I had and water retention...but, well, that's just water and doesn't really concern me.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Eat the pizza and enjoy and eat more than two slices because you're seriously under being 500 under.

If you get to chose what you have on your pizza try and stick to lean meats (ham, chicken) and veggie toppings as if you are worried about cals and fat on top of the bread and cheese the sausages will probably cost you a fair bit.
  • MsJackson5
    Options
    :smile: i just had some last nite ......my fav so dont feel bad as long as u worked out its not gonna hurt too bad......LOL
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I have to eat pizza for lunch at work today. I am going to hide in the bathroom and cry. How many calories does crying burn? Full on sobbing should burn more, right?
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    please read this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

it changed my way of thinking and I have a much healthier relationship with food than I did even a week ago. And I have lost more weight in that week than I had in previous weeks. I'm not perfect about it. I am below a lot of the time but I am trying to create a more even keel outlook about food.

Also recommend reading this. To everyone. Everyone should read this!

whew... Can I borrow the cliffs notes? probably great info - just can't make myself read it...
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I would use the 500 calories you have left to buy some toppings for that pizza. Bread and cheese is not exactly the most nutrient dense choice. You should strive to REACH your goal, not be under it.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    please read this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

it changed my way of thinking and I have a much healthier relationship with food than I did even a week ago. And I have lost more weight in that week than I had in previous weeks. I'm not perfect about it. I am below a lot of the time but I am trying to create a more even keel outlook about food.

Also recommend reading this. To everyone. Everyone should read this!

whew... Can I borrow the cliffs notes? probably great info - just can't make myself read it...

and this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I just had 4 slices of a medium green pepper and mushroom from Domino"s for lunch. YUMMY!!

OP, I eat pizza on pretty much a weekly basis and as you can see from my ticker, it hasn't held me back. Food is not the enemy and starving yourself by being 500 calories under your goal isn't going to get you to goal any faster, in fact it might slow down your progress.

Personally I'd get the burger instead and use the leftover calories to get a beer and have a few french fries. :)
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have had pizza 2-3 times this week... birthday parties and such and chocolate on the same days :o And I'm 2 lbs down :)