Advise me please

Options
13»

Replies

• TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    #2.

I've been learning in my Child Psychology class how children should learn "loss" at a young age. i.e. when a pet dies instead of parents tip-townig around it to avoid sadness. It helps them to learn how to cope with uncomfortable situations and it teaches them appropriate ways to mourn and express their feelings. Boys can be afraid of "feelings" and don't know how to deal with the sad feelings & can act out etc so it can be a learning/bonding experience with mommy & son. Good luck and my condolences :(
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would personally vote for Options 2 or 3. Only you know how your child will react and what's the best to do.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Flush it and tell him he was Nemo and must of climbed out the window with the help of Jacque etc and that we'll have to get another one tomorrow
    That's pretty creative!
  • stellcorb
    Options

It's sad that you even have to ask..

Do you have kids? When my son's fish died when he was about 4 or 5 he freaked out. Started asking where he went when he dies and if he would still have his bones, etc. He was TERRIFIED. This is not a suprising parental question IMO.

Good luck OP.....I think you will handle it beautifully. :)
    Thank-you for the vote of confidence! And yes, I think I'm leaning towards 2... I'll definately post my update.
    I appreciate all the the suggestions!
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Scott2ndGradeTeacher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    dead_parrot.jpg

This is an ex-parrot!
  • stellcorb
    Options
    Yeah, so my son didn't even care about his fish! Which is a relief for me, definately... but I'm completely surprised. This is the boy who throws a fit when one of his drawings gets "misplaced"! He did, however, let me know that daddy killed the fish b/c he fed him too much!