May 2010 - no more snacking after dinner

Options

Replies

• Skinnybrit23
    Skinnybrit23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    oooh thanks, olives is a great idea, and I am going to the doctor soon,so I will have my thyroid checked.Thansk for the suggestion!
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Well last night was better snack wise at work. That's where it's usually impossible. Followed my rule of no snacks until I eat my good food. :drinker: Then bought a couple of things from our Snack Box. But they were too sugary so now I feel sickish. :frown: Just can't consume sugar like I used to. :wink:

Rose 16
    Snacks 5

Have a good weekend everyone!!!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I think it was easier to keep track of when the challenge was only a week long. I always have to go back and see what the numbers were on my last post and do the math. People may be hesitant to read thru a long post and also reluctant to jump-in in the middle of something. :glasses:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    17 me
    4 snacks

Last month was 17 me/13 snacks. Tonight, I'll be ahead of the game.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Lula, the sandwich story is really inspiring! That's the Lorna I know! :flowerforyou:.

Skinnybrit, I am not ignoring your question, but nothing light and salty comes to my mind... maybe cottage cheese? Milk and cornflakes can be filling, a banana/other fruit can do, but they are not salty. Tee is a good idea to keep you busy. :smile: Some people chew gum - that makes me even hungrier and I think it's unhealthy, because it sends signals to your brain/stomach that you're having food, when you're actually not!
    Anyway, what we're up to here, is actually to stop eating all together past a certain time - make it 2 hrs before going to bed and you should be safe :smile:.
    I always have to go back and see what the numbers were on my last post and do the math.

So do I, but I don't mind. If you find it more motivational to start weekly threads, please start them. I don't mind. One advantage I see with the monthly one is that we don't abandon the challenge during the weekends, thinking that we're starting all over again on Monday anyhow. Plus, I feel it's a bit unfair if I did well for 6 days in a row to start from 0 again - not so stimulating :ahwell:. But that's not so bad :smile:. What I found really frustrating was resetting the counter to 0 every time I failed (my fist rule for the game) - that got so discouraging at some point!

As for my numbers: I stopped eating at 7 last night :noway:, so Me: 18 - Late snacks 3. :drinker:
  • passero2009
    Options
    This is my weakness. My husband and oldest daughter need to gain weight and gorge on swiss cake rolls and cookies as a late night snack. I crave sweets after every single meal. It is so hard not to grab one. Right now i'm trying to keep it within just one pack of the 100 calorie packs. Maybe after a week or 2 i can even cut those out. It is a real struggle for me. Any tips, please share
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    I have completely lost track of this challenge. I've been off mfp again for over a week I think. Didn't want to face reality. :blushing: Also, my son is home and my schedule is off and I just don't get on here. He's still home for one more week and we have a houseguest for the week, but I got the results from my annual bloodwork and I need to force myself to pay more attention and log in here. I also haven't been exercising regularly and that has to change too. So much work to be healthy and to lose even a few pounds! :grumble: Ugh!

I know this challenge is critical to lsoing wieght and a healthier lifestyle so I'm back in. Tonight will be my newest Day 1 (I just hope I remember - I get so sidetracked when there's anyone mroe than my husband and me here)

Thanks for letting me rant. When I have time, I will try to catch up on your posts and gain inspiration.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I ate way past my cut-off last night, but healthy and I was way under my calories even after eating, so no point for snacks this time :wink: Me: 19 - Late snacks 3
    Almost only a week more to go this month! I'll leave it up to you how we have this challenge in June: weekly vs. monthly.
    Good to have you back again Zaza! I love how you keep coming back and never really give up :wink:. I know you can do it!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I'm good either way weekly or monthly. Never thought about it being hard to keep on track on the weekends. Glad to have Zaza back. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tonight is hard again (at work); someone made cinnamon rolls for us. So ended up breaking my rule of "not eating other food until my healthy stuff was gone". :grumble:

Rose 17
    Snacks 6
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    18 me
    5 snacks

Uh oh. Snacks are sneaking up on me. Time to attack!
  • dewdrop
    Options

On me too :grumble: . Me: 19 - Late snacks 4
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options

On me too :grumble: . Me: 19 - Late snacks 4

We are in this together. WE WILL PREVAIL!!! Just one week left in this challenge to stay strong.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me back. :smooched: I made it thru last night, but I almost blew it because I wasn't paying attention to the time.
    So, tonight will be my Day 2. The month is almost over, but better late than never. :laugh:
    Good luck everyone. You seem to be doing well. Keep it up - I need your inspiration.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I had a bit more expectations from last night, but I will still count it as a good night (I think I've got a feeling by now about what is failure and what isn't), so: Me: 20 - Late snacks 4
  • zaza54
    Options
    Great to see you still doing so well dewdrop.:flowerforyou:
    I have 2 nights under my belt. :happy: I'm determined to have 3 nights tonight.
    Hope you all have a good day and night!
    Zaza
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Oh good, I have a few days off. Easier to stay on track against The Snacks. And I need a few days of being under my calories to make up for the few days of being way over. Maybe the month will end well after all. :drinker:

Rose 18
    Snacks 6
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Passreo -was thinking about your dilema and I and some of the other girls here have found that sipping on herb tea is helpful. Also when I want something sweet the 100 cal kettle corn pop con packets is nice. Then there is fruit. They are usually under 100 cal for a serving. I've noticed since I've lost weight at the begining of the year that I can't take sweets like i used to. And fruits and even some vegetables now taste sweeter (ie. corn and carrots). And i need less sugar on cereal, oatmeal and in plain yogurt. I quit drinking drinks with calories (coffee, juice and pop) so I could have the calories for food. Even when I have some coffee now I can't put all the sugar and half and half in it that I used to. Just try to get the snacking done 2 hrs before bedtime. Best to you :drinker: !

Skinnybrit - was thinking some more about your dilema since i am often partial to salty things. I like to put salt on fruit like melons. Then there are tomato slices with salt. Another good one I used to eat when younger before I had a milk allergy was cottage cheese with salt and pepper & some diced tomato. Then there is cheese and crackers, chips and salsa, and peanut butter spread thin on apples slices. It depends how many calories you have left at the end of the day and making the late night eating end 2 hours before bed. Best to you :drinker: !
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I had a bit more expectations from last night, but I will still count it as a good night (I think I've got a feeling by now about what is failure and what isn't), so: Me: 20 - Late snacks 4

Same last night: went a bit past 9, but all in all I was a good girl :smile:, so Me: 21 - Late snacks 4
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    19 me
    6 snacks
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Well I was 19 last night and the snacks were 6. Then when my son brought my car back from King's Island I got up and we talked about the day and his new job in Indy. Then I had ice cream and gummy bears! So that means the Snacks took back a day! :noway: - The little thieving brats-

So I'm 18 and The Snacks are 7

Hope you all are doing well :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: