Replies

• JessikaBlayne
    JessikaBlayne Posts: 1,457
    Options
    depends on the day
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No :( I have trouble because I look in the mirror and know I will never like myself so why bother changing.
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    I'm not happy with what I see in the mirror...that's why I'm here! I mean, I get ready for work and think that I look ok with what I'm wearing, but I've never been this heavy in my life and I don't look like myself. Even worse are pictures...who is that fat old woman??
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    Oh my! I was just reminded me of walking past the security cameras in stores where you can see whose walking in the doors, and I catch a glimpse of myself...YIKES!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    No actually I don't and I never have. I always see my own little flaws that are more than likely non-existant (according to my husband) and the spots that are wiggly, jiggly and need to be tightened up which are more than likely non-existant (according to my husband).

This is me usually. My boyfriend asked if I wanted to wear a bikini this summer because he thinks I look amazing but I felt too insecure and went with a one-piece instead. I'm such a wuss. Maybe next summer... >.<

I did this with my boyfriend...he's always telling me about how good I look in my dresses...I still wear jeans on a night out

I don't wear dresses that often but I am fixing to change that. I ordered a new casual dress so I'm going to have to wear it sometime this summer. :)
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I tend to avoid mirrors whenever possible. I'm too hypercritical of myself and I immediately see all of my flaws.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    THIS:""""""""""""""""""""" """"""That is not beautiful & I do not care what anyone says. She's overweight, unhealthy & well..... unfit. Sorry but that's the truth & sugar coating it as BBW is not on anymore. We have become a world that make pretend that being fat as long as you are a model is ok? Or that beauty is on the inside? Stuff beauty...what about being HEALTHY on the inside & out? What about caring enough about yourself to do something about it? Tattoos & bright hair do not take away from the fact that you are overweight, unhealthy & more than likely going to be sick easier or die earlier than those who are actually working hard to take care of themselves.
    Sorry but I find anyone who thinks that THAT looks fantastic & beautiful to be sick in the head"""""".

i can see your point... but.

you can be beautiful but be fat.
    just as you can still be beautiful when you have cancer, when you're 100y/o, when you're dead.
    i think she would look MORE beautiful were she a healthy weight.

This|

Plus OP was saying she thought this person was beautiful, she wasn't asking if you think she is healthy because she probably isn't. How ever - I know MANY skinny people who are unfit & unhealthier than I am so you can't always judge a book by it's cover.
    I think this girl has a pretty face but don't think the body is beautiful, kudos to her for loving herself though.

The point of this thread is whether having too much self-regard (to a degree perhaps bordering on delusion) can prevent you from developing healthier habits.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    The point of this thread is whether having too much self-regard (to a degree perhaps bordering on delusion) can prevent you from developing healthier habits.
    and the point of my post was to disagree with with what was posted in the post i quoted.

welcome to the internet!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Well I do, everytime I look in a mirror I think "she's hot" and then I see a picture and my hopes are dashed. haha
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Somedays yes, somedays no. I don't know why I will have a poor opinion of myself one day but not the next. Funny thing is, when I like what I see, I do better things for my body. If I don't like what I see, I tend to fall off the wagon.
  • natsmom118
    natsmom118 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1324377686_what_i_look_like_in_the_mirror_gag_zps4ed43f53.jpg
    I can relate! lol
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I used to hate mirrors when I was a chunky monkey.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Some days yes... some days no. All depends on how I'm feeling emotionally really.

What's funny is that if I take a picture of what I see in the mirror, I often respond better to the picture.
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    and see complete and total hotness regardless of what you weigh??? I do and I think that's why I have not been successful at loosing weight and keeping it off!!!

Anyone else feel like this??? Heard of the pin-up model Tess Munster?? She is amazing I tell ya

YES I am very funny about my hair makeup clothes being perfect so when i look in the mirror I'm usually like whos this hottie then I see a pic of me from a side angle and I'm like who is that whal and whys she got my outfit on and she copied my tats oh hell nah LOL
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    1324377686_what_i_look_like_in_the_mirror_gag_zps4ed43f53.jpg

Yup Yup !!!!!! Also my 4 year old pointed at the first doodle and said did someone draw a picture of daddy LOL