Pop tarts vs. Toaster Strudel

Options

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Well, duh, people! I'll just clear it ALL up for you:

Baklava is dessert. It doesn't properly belong in this conversation at all.

Toaster Scrambles are a worthy breakfast.

Toaster Strudel is fine for a change.

Pop-Tarts are a staple food and should be in every household--along with milk, butter, bacon, and Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise.

And while I'm at it, Coke is FAR superior to Pepsi.

/thread
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Toaster Strudel!!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes with both of my children. I had to take insulin 4 times a day with my daughter and learned quickly that pop tarts are PACKED with carbs. I was allowed 30g of carbs for breakfast and one pastry has 38g! I quit eating them. Never tried a toaster strudel
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    They're both gross Franken-food. I don't think I've had one since I was 15.
    REALLY?!? "Gross Franken-Food" ...and how does that changes the taste?

Because if you have a habit of not pouring garbage down your throat, eating something like Toaster Strudel so bothers your conscience that you don't notice it's "flavor". I mean, Pop Tarts? Maybe if you're 9 years old.

Well this wasn't the direction I wanted to go with the thread, since I'm the OP I guess I can add topics to it. Pray tell how are Pop Tarts garbage? You better have something better than their 14-16 g of sugar.

Because Pop Tarts ARE garbage. From MFP's database, for a package (2 tarts) of Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts:

Calories - 420! Fat? 14 grams. Total carbs? 68, with 30 sugars. Protein? A measly 5.

So what else could you have had for breakfast for 400 calories that's actually good for you?

How about 6 scrambled eggs, 4 of just the whites (so 2 yolks), a slice of whole wheat toast, and a glass of soy milk? For this breakfast:

409 calories
    15 grams of fat (the same)
    32 grams of carbs (half that of the crappy Pop Tarts, with almost no sugars)
    40 (forty!) grams of protein, EIGHT times that of Pop Tarts.

There, that's actually a healthy breakfast that will leave you feeling full, contribute to the creation and retention of lean mass, and avoid giving you Type 2 diabetes.

But, hey - if you want a Pop-Tart body then have at it. If you want to be healthy, leave the processed garbage on the store shelf for the unfit to consume.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    They are both delicious.

But I think toaster strudel wins by photo finish in taste.

Agreed! It's the gooey icing versus the crunchy icing that does it for me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Taste-wise, the Toaster Strudel, but the Pop Tart wins for laziness. TS requires assembly, and sometimes more than one cycle in the toaster.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Def toaster strudel, but they both make me sick I can't have either :(
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    There is no debate. Toaster Strudel is life.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    hmmmm.....

Cardboard or slightly better cardboard?
  • majope
    Options
    Because Pop Tarts ARE garbage etc. etc. etc.
    So is this a vote for Toaster Strudel?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Franken-food? Re-animated cinnamon and sugar? What is that even supposed to mean?
  • earlyxer
    Options

Absolutely not. This is called My FITNESS Pal, right? In what universe would it be considered a "fit" thing to do to eat a Toaster Strudel or Pop Tart? Lucky Charms? Kellogg's Sugar Pops?
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    S'mores pop tarts ALL the way. I don't even like toaster strudel. I tried to, I really did but......no :(

ETA: sadly, I haven't had a pop tart in over 3 years. I'll be darned if I'm paying £4 for a box of pop tarts in the uk
  • earlyxer
    Options

Franken-food? Re-animated cinnamon and sugar? What is that even supposed to mean?

Because Frankenstein's monster LOOKED like a human, but he was a conglomeration of dead parts grafted together. Well, Pop Tarts might look like food, but they're not. They're a sugar and fat delivery system masquerading as "food".
  • majope
    Options

Absolutely not. This is called My FITNESS Pal, right? In what universe would it be considered a "fit" thing to do to eat a Toaster Strudel or Pop Tart? Lucky Charms? Kellogg's Sugar Pops?
    I tried having Brussels sprouts for breakfast. But no matter how much I tried to mash them flat, they still got stuck in the toaster, and then the frosting burned. Really didn't work out.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Because if you have a habit of not pouring garbage down your throat, eating something like Toaster Strudel so bothers your conscience that you don't notice it's "flavor". I mean, Pop Tarts? Maybe if you're 9 years old.

Well this wasn't the direction I wanted to go with the thread, since I'm the OP I guess I can add topics to it. Pray tell how are Pop Tarts garbage? You better have something better than their 14-16 g of sugar.

Because Pop Tarts ARE garbage. From MFP's database, for a package (2 tarts) of Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts:

Calories - 420! Fat? 14 grams. Total carbs? 68, with 30 sugars. Protein? A measly 5.

So what else could you have had for breakfast for 400 calories that's actually good for you?

How about 6 scrambled eggs, 4 of just the whites (so 2 yolks), a slice of whole wheat toast, and a glass of soy milk? For this breakfast:

409 calories

There, that's actually a healthy breakfast that will leave you feeling full, contribute to the creation and retention of lean mass, and avoid giving you Type 2 diabetes.

But, hey - if you want a Pop-Tart body then have at it. If you want to be healthy, leave the processed garbage on the store shelf for the unfit to consume.

Used coffee grinds, egg shells, plastic wrapping, etc, are all garbage. However, fats, carb, and protein are all FOOD, not garbage.

food=garbage #firstworldproblems
  • earlyxer
    Options

I tried having Brussels sprouts for breakfast. But no matter how much I tried to mash them flat, they still got stuck in the toaster, and then the frosting burned. Really didn't work out.

So your two sole choices when you eat your first meal of the day are either brussel sprouts or Pop Tarts? You need a little more variety in your diet. :smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Because Frankenstein's monster LOOKED like a human, but he was a conglomeration of dead parts grafted together. Well, Pop Tarts might look like food, but they're not. They're a sugar and fat delivery system masquerading as "food".

I think you should read the book again. :laugh:
  • earlyxer
    Options

409 calories

Used coffee grinds, egg shells, plastic wrapping, etc, are all garbage. However, fats, carb, and protein are all FOOD, not garbage.

food=garbage #firstworldproblems

Add Pop Tarts, Toaster Strudel, Red Baron pizzas, Tostino's, Swanson's Frozen Dinners, and all the rest of that crap to your wastebasket rather than your pantry, and you'll be better for it
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    If there were such a thing as "Franken-food," it would look like this:

pshalloweent20.jpg

Not this:
    toaster-strudel-instant-win.jpg