1.5 Year Transformation (Warning Fat Man in Underwear)

Options

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great transformation!
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and yes sexy; nice job
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Good job!
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Great job.
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am married and not flirting.... but boy take this compliment from me. You look HOT ;)
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome inspiration even for an old dude like me! Takes serious commitment and you have proven it works. Great that you started now in your 20s. It will serve you well as the decades pass. Good luck to you sir!
  • fluffymcfluffster
    fluffymcfluffster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is the motivation I need!!! You posted fat man in underwear and first off, that warning was not needed for those pics. You were average before but are in great shape now! I see the pictures and wish I took some "starting" pictures but was too horrified. You have proven, yet again, it can be done. I hope you are feeling better, more energized, and have more belief in what you are able to do than ever before! You are a great role model! Thanks for sharing!
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Dude your post is what this is all about. Not bs about your love live and getting your period. I am happy for you
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look fantastic!
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am married and not flirting.... but boy take this compliment from me. You look HOT ;)

Ditto!
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    You look fantastic! Nice looking abs and quads:-)
  • beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! Absolutely amazing. U look awesome. I want to show ur pics to my hubby and tell him that it can be done.
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look awesome!!
  • jturne1
    jturne1 Posts: 12
    Options
    First off THANK YOU all for the kind words!! You girls and guys rock.

I’ve never posted these pictures or even shown them to any other than my fiancé, so I was hesitant at first…but I figured if I can help one person keep going then it will be worth the embarrassing before pictures.

Someone a few pages asked for more of the story, training, diet…etc, here goes…

I struggled for many years with my weight...I never went to the beach/pool or if I did I didn't want to take my shirt off or ran and got into the water as fast as possible...etc.

My motivation: My best friend announced his destination wedding plans and I knew I didn’t want to be the fat kid on the beach, date was May 12th 2012.

My original plan was ABS, but I quickly realized it took me 27 years to look like this, it is going to take longer than 5 months to get abs. So my goal changed to look as good as possible and then stay with the journey for ABS after the wedding.

I started weight training 4 days a week and Cardio, mostly incline treadmill for 25 mins 7 days a week. As the weight stall cardio was increased where I topped out at 50 mins 7 days a week, mainly incline treadmill with some HIIT mixed in.

Diet was carb cycling. Started with 2 high (240 Carbs), 3 med (110 Carbs), 3 low days (60 Carbs). As the weight stalled, highs were reduced to med, med reduced to low…until I was at all low days. I was on all low days from about March.

I had 2 “cheat meals” from Dec 26th 2011 to May 1st 2012. Portillos and Pizza for those wondering.

I ate mainly lean proteins, sweet potatoes, green veggies, oats, some rice…etc. But I weighed and measured everything. I knew exactly what I was putting in my body. I prepared all my meals at home.

After the wedding, I continued exercising portion control, not eating good Mon-Thurs and shoving my face on the weekends (This killed me in high school and college). I also stayed in the gym weight training and doing cardio.

Fast forward to today…I am training weights 5 days a week and training for a few triathlons this year so lots of swimming, biking, and running.

As far as diet, I am tracking most days and hitting macros of 67 fat, 150 carb, 200 protein for 2000 calories. I am adding in carbs slowly as I think I might have some metabolic damage from a year of pretty low carb/high cardio training. I will add in 25 grams per day for a week and see what happens...adjust accordingly.

I eat whatever foods I want to hit those macros, but mostly organic/grass fed meats, potatoes, green veggies, eggs...but if I want a pop tart and I have the carbs...I eat that pop tart! Life's too short not to have a Red Velvet Pop-Tart once and awhile!

Now I am just rambling...sorry for the long boring post. If you want to know more, ask away.

My goal now is to maintain and start living life not worrying about dodging events where I have to take my shirt off!!!
    -Jeff
  • hreu213
    hreu213 Posts: 76
    Options
    WOW amazing! :)
  • daviddziedzic585
    daviddziedzic585 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Nice work.
  • mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think you were a handsome guy even with a few extra pounds but glad you are happy with yourself now...congrats!:bigsmile:
  • jascat83
    jascat83 Posts: 31
    Options
    OMG! You should be so proud of yourself!! Congratulations on the weight loss!!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Mate, that's awesome work! Fantastic Dedication.

Well Done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!