Lose 5 Pounds A Month- May 2010 Challenge

Options
TCASMEY
TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
I challenge you to lose 5 pounds a month until the end of the year or until you reach your goal weight. 8 months times 5 pounds means you could be 40 pounds lighter in time for Christmas. Are you up to the challenge? Then I challenge you to do this with me!

Replies

• TCASMEY
    Options
    January 1 weight 185.6

May 1st weight 174

I need to get to 169 by the end of the month. Of course anything lower would be nice.

Good night everyone!

Terri
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to lose 5 lbs by the end of May. I have been stuck on a roller coaster since I joined in Feb. My weight keeps going up and down but never down past a 5 lb loss. I am hoping this challenge will help rev up my motivation.
    SW 150.4
    CW 146.8 (though I don't want to log it and make it official quite yet. I hate seeing that ticker going in the wrong direction :grumble:
    GW 130.0
  • katieann2
    katieann2 Posts: 26
    Options
    I like the plan and I would be glad to do it with you all!

I'm sure with each others encouragement we can meet that challenge!

I'm just starting, my cw is 166 lb.

My gw 145 lb.
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a medication that makes me gain weight despite eating right and exercising. I would love to lose 5 pounds in a month!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I'd be so happy if I lost 5 pounds this month. I have been stuck at 157 for too long, and something has to change! This is a big month for me--- I will be able to run a 5k by the end of the month, and I will complete the first stage of my heavy lifting program. If I lose at least 3 lbs, I will hit the 20 lb mark.

I'm in!! Good luck to everybody!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Definately in. When I decided I wanted to lose 90 lbs I set my long term goal as 5 lbs per month. Off to a really quick start (yesterday was 50 days, already down 16 lbs). I know that I'll probably hit plateaus along the way but if I can average 5 lbs/month I should get to my goal weight by Sept 2011. Being under 200 by Christmas would be amazing. I haven't seen a "1" at the start of my weight since 2001.

Current weight: 243.6
    May 31st goal: 238.6
    Final Goal: 170
  • Rokssana
    Rokssana Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm definitely down!! 5 pounds here I come! It's going to be tough because I have to find another gym
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    5/1/10 162.2

goal 157 by 5//27 my big five oh birthday.

So just a quick post. I just had a wonderful first anniversary dinner with my husband :love: and even with splurging for our anniversary I only came in 26 calories over for the day. We had a cocktail, wine, crab and artichoke dip , a salad, wonderful sour dough bread and seared ahi. we even had vanilla icecream on the house for our anniversary. It was wonderful :heart: and I didn't feel guilty :blushing: at all. It was a wonderful meal. I hope you all have a great evening.

good luck everyone.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Here we go again! I'm ready to lose another 5 pounds with all of you! Last month was a success!!!:drinker:

SW 161 (May 1st)
    GW 156 (End of May)

Ultimate Goal Weight - 140!!!!:love:

Challenges this month are 4 dinner celebrations - Hubby's B-Day the 7th, Our anniversary the 10th, Mother's Day and Daughters B-Day the 30th! Wish me luck on these days!:devil:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    5/1/10 162.2

goal 157 by 5//27 my big five oh birthday.

So just a quick post. I just had a wonderful first anniversary dinner with my husband :love: and even with splurging for our anniversary I only came in 26 calories over for the day. We had a cocktail, wine, craba and artichoke dip , a salad, wonderful bread and seared ahi. we even had vanilla icecream on the house for our anniversary. It was wonderful :heart: and I didn't feel guilty :blushing: at all. It was a wonderful meal. I hope you all have a great evening.

good luck everyone.

OK - NOW I'M HUNGRY!!! CONGRATES ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY!:flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Thanks Beth, Hey, my oldest daughter's birthday is the 30th too. So like you May is a killer, Wedding anniversary, mothers day, my birthday and Brie's birthday.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    I'd like to join in this challenge. I started in Jan. and had lost 21 lb when I joined MFP. I've lost 5 since starting here for 26 total. My daughter is getting married the end of June so I'd like to lose as much as possible by then (safely, of course).

CW 222.5
    GW 125

I usually weigh on Mondays. I'll update then. My original goal was to be below 200 by the wedding. I don't think I can make that goal but I'm going to try my hardest.
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at your support group for the last 2 months and it seems like a really nice group of people. I'm ready to take the plunge and join if I may! I started MyFitnessPal on January 4th and I weigh in on Mondays. Here are my stats:

SW: 197.4
    5/1/10: 171.7 (up .8 from Monday :sad: )
    GW for 5/31/10: 166 (I so want to see the 160s for the first time in 6 years!)
    Ultimate goal weight: 137

Thanks!

Carolyn
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI PALS,:flowerforyou:
    Of course I am in again for the 5 pounds challenge. Weighed in this morning and my starting weight today is 141.
    Can't wait to see those 130's in May. I am way excited. May is going to be a great month for us all. We are here for each other.
    PHYLJEN:wink::flowerforyou: Goal weight for end of MAY is 136!!!! YES! even an injured lady can do that RIGHT?
  • sarah061
    sarah061 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm definitely up for this! My May 1st weight is 130 - I'd love to be at 125 by June - and to be able to *keep* that weight off.
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely up for this challenge! this is totally what i needed to get remotivated, thanks! hopefully we all can do super great and pass over that 5lb hump!

my starting weight 81kg (sorry yall- the scale here is only in kg's) so i need to be down to 78-79kg

best of luck to you all!! let's make it a successful month!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Welcome to all our new friends. May has 31 days.....so in order to lose 5 pounds this month you need to lose .1612903 pounds per day to reach the goals of 5 pounds. :laugh: :laugh: SEE HOW EASY THIS WILL BE! Have a great Sunday. Off to cook breakfast for the family and then teach Sunday School.

Lots of gardening to do between church and taking the boys to swimming lessons. The weather man says it won't be quite as windy today. :huh: :huh: Not quite as windy means what? The gusts recorded yesterday were 50 mph. I suppose 49 is something to look forward to.

HAVE A HEALTHY SUNDAY!

Terri
  • rosesoflove1025
    Options
    I am definitely up for the 5 lbs a month challenge too! I am hoping this will get me motivated to lose more weight, to exercise harder and to watch what I am eating.

SW with mfp: 242.6

CW: 226.6 lbs
    goal weight by 05.31.10: 221.6 lbs
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I need some kind of motivation, I want to reach my goal weight by my birthday in July.
  • rjadams
    Options
    So Today is officially the first wedding anniversary. So we are going to the Mariners game. Yay! We go every year once or twice. One year we went 12 times. this year will be different tho. No polish sausage, no candy, no peanuts and only one beer. I am taking some carrots and a protein bar. Boy I really have changed. Anyway I hope you all have a great day.

PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: