Does anyone struggle in high heels?

Options
1235»

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with heels when I was super fat. Now that I'm "just" overweight I find that I can manage a lot better and more comfortably, though I do best with low heels in boot form -- pumps and/or higher heels are still a bit challenging. I also tend to blister less, even in regular shoes.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Weight never made a difference for me, I've never had a problem walking in heels. I do favor a thicker heel over a stiletto though...more comfy.

The best way to practice is to vacuum in them. The pivoting and such really helps you learn how to walk in them.
  • johnsonmikeee
    Options
    "Women do love their high heels, but if you wear them all the time, significant foot pain and other problems can ensue, either as a direct result of the heels or exacerbated by them,"
    Problems range from common concerns like bunions, corns, and calluses to more complex issues like misshapen hammertoes or that excruciating pain in the ball of the foot that seems to grow worse with each passing year.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I tend to fall flat on my a** when I'm walking in tennis shoes so heels are not something I wear often as much as I would love to.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    If you modify your walking style, it helps a lot.

Instead of walking heel-toe, where your heel strikes the ground first, step so that the ball of your foot touches first. Almost as if you are walking tippy toe.

It takes a bit of practice, but when you are putting the majority of the weight on the wider part of your foot, you don't lose your balance (or turn your ankle nearly so much)

I am at the point where I am safer walking in heels on ice and in snow than I am wearing winter boots.

:)
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I wear heels all the time. It also depends on the type of heel. Platform styles are in and they help with height.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    something something chloroform and duct tape...